Just goes to show you how moronic Jets fans are. Not enough that they drove the guy out of town but they had to follow him and keep calling for his ouster wherever he is. That's sad.
Have fun watching your team score less than ten pts a game for the next few years guys... Just trying to do you a favor. Its alright give Mangini a couple years, I'm sure he'll turn you guys around.
I also can't wait for the season to end, for a bunch of name coaches to come looking to get back in it, and you guys won't even be looking cause you'll be stuck with mangina. I can get your organization's too dumb to realize it, but as a fan you gotta know he's not going to take you anywhere. He's not Belichick.
But its cool, I like it, defend the guy. Give it four more weeks and the whole lockerroom's going to be done with him. Player's don't buy into his bullshit even when they're winning a couple games, so I'm sure it carries over well when the team keeps getting blown out. Sure he'll probably make it to next year, but after he goes 5-27 over 2 years (I'm probably being too optimistic about the 5 wins) lets just hope you come to your senses. Because throwing away 2 years just to make a point is definitely the right move, and settling for losing is totally ok because NFL teams don't turn around that quickly. Not like the Cardinals went to the superbowl last year, or the dolphins went from a 1 win season to a division title. Oh yeah, and about those dolphins, remember how they fired their new coach after just one season? Worked out pretty well for them...
Get rid of the guy, bring in someone proven (how about jon gruden, lets assume Bill Cowher and Mike Shanahan aren't interested).
So yeah I'm not a browns fan, and I can't say I know your team in and out. I do know that you have a solid O-Line (I'd take the Thomas/Steinbach combo over most in the NFL), an old running back who could still be etffective in the right system, a quarterback who two years ago was the toast of the league (I was hopin he'd get traded to my jets) and took your team to ten wins and a tiebreaker away from making the playoffs. Oh and you have the most exciting players in the NFL to watch as well. Your players are better than they've performed, and I really don't understand why everyone just assumes you guys should get blown out of every game.
oh and the site's not about making money (no ads) and really isn't going to get mangini fired either. Had to make a site for class and get 1000 people to view it, and the only thing I know about is football. Wasn't gonna write about my Jets cause I knew my opinion would change too quickly (case in point, when i made this site, I was convinced we'd contend for the AFC this year. Now I'm just hopin for 8 wins). So I thought I'd write something about my two least favorite people in the world (Bill Belichick and Eric Mangini). so for what its worth: firemangini