That whole mess is on DPJ
Frenchie
Posts
-
The Official ? Monday Night Football Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers Thread ? Sept 18 -
Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.If I worked at NFL headquarters, I would highly recommend not appealing the decision. A statement reading that the NFL wanted a year is good enough. I know that’s already out there (which I call “tampering” and would be pissed off if I were the Players Union) but the response shows both intent (for more) and respect for both the judge and the CBA. The NFL basically says to critics “we don’t like the decision either, but that’s what the judge ruled”. The NFL has either this option or open a can of worms ... and we all know their house isn’t clean.
i also think that through both formal and informal channels, all parties agreed to this. We’d be naive to think otherwise. The union already said they’d accept the ruling and sue the NFL if they didn’t. Why would they do that? Also, Deshaun could sue for discrimination claiming that the owners got off without a penalty because they were white. No scenario ends well for the NFL except to accept the ruling.
I could be wrong ... they could be really stupid. And we know they are - just read Kraft’s quote. How two-faced of him to say that.
-
Schefter: Watson to BrownsThe Browns just signed a franchise QB that establishes them as serious SB contenders. Then, why am I not celebrating? Maybe shock. Maybe I won’t believe it until I see it. Maybe I’m starting to wonder about this FO? Maybe I’m concerned that even more accusations lie around the corner. Any theories? Is everyone ecstatic?
-
BROWNS OUT OF WATSON RACEI have a feeling that Hick of an owner played a big part of this.
Well sometimes you have to roll the dice to win a Super Bowl. I knew from the start that the OBJ trade would be disastrous. Watson is more high risk / high return. I wanted him when the Browns could have drafted him. How stupid were our evaluators? That was a terrible trade-down decision. Anyway, it seems they’ve moved on from Baker. I would have been OK with another year and bringing in some QB competition in FA or the draft.
-
BROWNS OUT OF WATSON RACE -
Thursday Night Football - September 9, it's on ! DAL at TBAnother coaching error in final 2 minutes. Unnecessary pass by Dallas on first down (incomplete) leaves time on the clock. TB would have used their first timeout. After another 2 time outs, the later penalty would have them run off 10 seconds. They also snapped the ball once with 5 seconds on the play clock. That’s 15 seconds and IMHO likely Dallas wins the game.
-
I Don’t Care What Happens! What a Season!Why do we care about Johnny M? Some things are best left in the rearview mirror. Look, the KC game was there for us to win. I thought the play calling supported a questionable game plan (or was not aligned to the right game plan). The pulling -guard smash-mouth running plays were effective and necessary for clock management. Don’t know why we abandoned the run like we did. It was disappointing. Nonetheless, the KC defense came up big when they needed to and I’m still proud of the team and the way they played this season. There is big fight in our dawgs.
-
I Don’t Care What Happens! What a Season!I’m running out of adjectives to describe my feelings about the Browns this season. I would have considered 8-8 a successful year for Steph and Berry. In this COVID year. 10 wins was a joyful and pleasant surprise. But 11 wins and making the playoffs was absolutely delightful. I was ready to proudly say goodbye last week, but another victory against Pitt and now we’re into the second round, Shocking! I will be cheering hard tomorrow and I think the Browns will play extremely well. So fingers crossed that by the time the Chief’s rust comes off, the Browns have punched 35 first-half points again - on their way to the sweetest of victories. But win or lose, this team has earned my respect and has me grinning ear-to-ear. GO BROWNS!
-
Higgins vs HodgeI think it’ll be an interesting off-season for the Browns receiver group. I love Landry but prefer him in the slot. I predict People-Jones outside as #2 with someone new, not OBJ as #1. Hodge and Higgins are fine as 4 & 5. I would love to see Perriman back with the Browns.
-
***Browns VS Steelers Gameday Thread***Thank God - draught is over!
-
***Browns VS Steelers Gameday Thread***I can’t believe what I’m seeing - we needed that FG!!
-
***Browns VS Steelers Gameday Thread***No resting Chubb in the second half. Thea Steelers are hanging around. Baker - get rid of the football! And do we know what a blitz is?
-
Saturday GamesThere were so many bad decisions and bad plays that I want to pull my hair out!! Both teams sucked but not nearly as bad as their coaching. You don’t give up a touchdown with seconds left being down 1 to settle for a field goal. You score and then go for 2 pt conversion. Even if you don’t get the 2, they then need a TD to win, not a FG. Idiots!
-
TNF - LAC at LVR, anyone watching ?Amazing ineptness. But good for us - nail that Raider coffin!
-
TNF - LAC at LVR, anyone watching ?Terrible game. So many coaching errors. So many missed opportunities by both teams. How does that player not block Mariota for the Pick-6? Why wouldn’t you run the ball on 3rd down to run-down the clock? Why do I know more from my living room than they do on the field?
-
BAL vs CLE - The NFL Game of the YearIf I recall correctly, once the Browns took a one point lead, the Ravens fumbled and recovered it. If that ball bounces differently, it’s a whole other story.
Also, I thought the Baker pick-6 hit harder than the missed kicks.
ir was an exciting game but I agree with others that the game plan was incorrect.
-
**** Ravens at Browns Gameday threadOh well, a great game for Baker and the offense. Ravens won on a bunch of broken plays. I didn’t think Woods coached this one well. Not a good game for Garrett, the linebackers or the secondary.. How big was the missed field goal by Parkey on the second possession?
-
**** Ravens at Browns Gameday threadAre they going for 2? Why? They’d be down 7 points? Maybe because they’d get two cracks at it?
-
**** Ravens at Browns Gameday threadGiving up a TD at the end of the first half and beginning of the second half. That’s the old Browns - how disappointing to see that again!
-
**** Ravens at Browns Gameday threadA TD at the end of the 1st half and the beginning of the second half. That’s old Browns football. How disappointing!