Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
GeechG

Geech

@Geech
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
264
Topics
10
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0
Badges

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Lerner in the Tunnel
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    Lerner's just putting on a show to try and placate the fans.

    -Al


  • Chris Jennings
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    Zombo said:

    He wasn't on the the inactive list yesterday, he may have played special teams but I didn't notice him. With both Lewis and Harrison healthy and running well, that is probably the only way he can work his way onto the field.

    Zombo

    Actually, he was indeed on the inactive list.

    http://www.nfl.com/inactives?team=CLE

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php...t=0#entry122864

    -Al


  • Jamal Lewis Activated for game vs Bills
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    Inactive List

    Brett Ratliff - QB - Inactive - Third quarterback.

    Phil Dawson - K - Inactive

    Coye Francies - DB - Inactive

    Gerard Lawson - DB - Inactive

    Chris Jennings - RB - Inactive

    Alex Hall - LB - Inactive

    Rex Hadnot - G - Inactive

    Greg Estandia - TE - Inactive

    Jamal Lewis - RB - Active

    http://www.nfl.com/inactives?team=CLE

    -Al


  • Trade deadline looms... who else might be traded?
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    There are 2 players on the Browns that are worth more than a box of urinal cakes.

    1. Joshua Cribbs, and he better not be going anywhere, since he is arguably the best player at his position in the NFL.

    2. Ryan Pontbriand, who is, without a doubt, THE best player at his position in the NFL, thus should not be traded.

    -Al


  • Everyone Ready To Go 0-5 ??
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    @deadwombat said:

    0-5? Hell, I'm prepared for the whole season. I already have my jersey.

    owen16.jpg

    Hey! That's gimmick infringement!

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry111271

    Anyways, I was also agreeing with your post until you pulled out the Quinn crap. No, DA is not the answer. The only thing the Manwagoners have is the fact that DA is better than Quinn (at the moment, and maybe or maybe not forever after), and that 'aint saying much.

    We need a new QB. One that isn't on the roster.

    -Al


  • Why I will no longer be a Browns or a Cleveland sports fan
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    @gcarl said:

    I wasn't going to post again. But, after what this twat posted, I had to. You are a complete FUKCTARD, you got that? Did I say I was in Miami? No. I said TAMPA. Can you fukcing read english? And by the way, I saw the movie with a good female friend of mine who is an avid sports fan and knows I am (or was) a Cleveland fan, and the other was mutual friend of ours (who I met through her), and is a guy.

    Man, this decision I've made to ditch Cleveland is getting better by the minute, and posts like this one from tweedle-dumbass helps too.

    Maybe I am just wasting my time, but I'll try to be sensible.

    What all these posts should show you is exactly how much civic pride Clevelanders DO have for their city. You come talking shit and they jump all over you in defense of their city. Make sense?

    But let me get this straight. You went to a movie that had a spoof mocking Cleveland and you're ditching your fandom because you think people will make fun of you (or actually do make fun of you)?

    Weak, man...really weak. Hiwaygal said it best, and Clevelanders don't put up with that kind of weakness, which is why you're getting the beatdown from us. Grow a set and man up.

    Look, Cleveland is not very different than most cities during this Great Recession. It's tough all over. You know, you can find those images in any city in the USA. Tampa, Miami, San Diego, Phoenix, Charlotte, Denver, etc., etc. Do you think those cities are not losing jobs? Do you think those cities don't have people who use a pay phone? Do you think that trains don't exist outside of Cleveland? Do you think those cities don't have people who make fun of their home town?

    Come on, man. Think about it.

    Cleveland is historically a blue collar industrial town. Most industrial jobs have been shipped overseas (the good paying jobs, anyways), and now Cleveland doesn't have the workforce to make a smooth transition into healthcare, IT, etc., etc. (Although the Cleveland Clinic is the WORLD leader in heart research, therapy, and technology.)

    Cleveland will be fine, but it's gonna take 20 years to get there. The youth will get the education that their parents didn't and Cleveland will be fine after it remolds itself into a 21st century city.

    If there's anything to be embarrassed about, it's the Old Boy Network politics and corporate socialism that goes with it.

    -Al


  • Braylon Trivia
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    @pbj said:

    For the longest single catch, didn't André Davis have a 99 yard TD reception in 2004? Would that not be the longest single catch?

    Sure, it's the longest catch in Browns history, but not the longest catch by the choices offered.

    I don't know the answers to those questions, so I'll just guess Gary Collins to all of them.

    -Al


  • Lumbergh ... Thanks
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    I didn't need Lumbo to tell me that Quinn sucks. Quinn did quite a nice job of that all by himself long before he was even drafted.

    So, thanks but no thanks.

    -Al


  • Modell did not hose the Browns
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    F You Baltimore!

    WARNING: Contains Profanity

    -Al


  • How about Defensive Coach Ryan as Head coach..
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    @bigbaddawgjr said:

    The players are decent the coach sucks. They don't play for him because he is terrible. They should play for Ryan look at is brother with the Jets they are playing there buts off for him. Mangini sucks and will always suck..He is the white man's Romeo...

    Wishful thinking, my man.

    Rex is not Rob and Rob is not Rex.

    -Al


  • How about Defensive Coach Ryan as Head coach..
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    I vote NAY.

    -Al


  • Why don't we run the wildcat offense with Cribbs?
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    @82ozzie82 said:

    Gotta admit, watching Miami Monday night was pretty cool, even though they lost...

    There's quite a difference in Miami's WildDawg compared to every other team in the NFL. Most notably, the speed and strength of Brown and Williams. They are both 230 pounds with NFL caliber speed. They can pound it and drag defenders for extra yardage...and/or break it wide open.

    Another thing is the decision making of Brown. He seems to make the right call most of the time. The WildDawg is (usually) a triple option play. Brown can take it himself, give it to Ricky, or hand it off to the motion man on an end around. It's a snap judgment and the right call has to be made.

    Cribbs may be one hell of an athlete with QB experience at the college level, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he is a good fit for the WildDawg/Flash in the pros.

    -Al


  • Suggestion on 1st Downs
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    @eastlakeian said:

    "The Flying Manginis"

    Yea, I saw that from Brian Baldinger. He's says the Browns are a "low flying act." Open it up, I say.

    I usually don't mind passing on 1st down, but I don't see many teams blitzing on 1st down. I don't know how well screen passes will do in those situations. What really gets me are the running plays on 2nd and 15. That crap has to stop.

    -Al


  • New rule for the NFL
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    @gmyers said:

    Please please please! I am begging you. Can you please put a picture of yourself on your profile so I can see what you guys look like and write a little bio on your life? My lord this is would be the best ever! I can’t imagine how pathetic and fat all you guys look like. I will also guarantee all of you are over weight and you guys are the ones at the bars spending your pay check (which you of course you live week to week on) and saying how hot the waitress is and trying to make conversation with her. Of course she has to be nice but then tell us how disgusting and gross all of you are… and tells herself to suck it up this is just to pay for school. Please please please be honest with me that you’re so wrapped up in the Browns because you have nothing else to do with your lives. You obviously are trying to live through these players in some way to help you get over the pain that you guys are going to die very soon. Please lets play this game and send me your pic and I will play too. You wear your jeans shorts and your bell hanging over it. Isn’t it sad how you really have nothing to live for. This would be the CLASSIC to say the least. Of course you fat slobs will not do it because you guys will hide behind your screen names….. and your thinking deep inside I am right but can admit it and you won’t. Now go ahead make a funny remark but the truth is, this is all you have in your lives and you can admit it. Have fun NERDS hope you enjoy the rest of your 20 years on earth.

    Kalki Syndrome, The

    (np) 1. Appellation for behavior in which a poster makes a scathing critique of the behavior of others, which actually is much more cogently applied to the poster himself. [den., Benjamin Dehner] See Kalki, hypocrisy

    -Al, whose BMI over the past year has varied from 21.97 to 23.05


  • Bernie's Thoughts on Browns!!
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    @inspecta said:

    Well it sounds like Bernie isn't too thrilled with Mangini, and he's hitting the panic button as well.....sigh....

    Bernie is a die hard Browns fan, like the rest of us. Probably even more so since he actually got to live the dream and gave us some damn fine football along the way.

    I can't even speak of this abomination today. I'll never stop rooting for the Browns, but I am OFFICIALLY embarrassed to be a Browns fan.

    Un-farging-believable...

    -Al


  • Fears, Oh No
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    @atenears said:

    You know ... 0-16 may be more exciting than 2-14.

    We can print shirts ...

    Owen16.jpg

    -Al


  • POWER FOOTBALL
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    @ballpeen said:

    Me....I think it would be cool if we played a game where we never ran it, but in the end, whatever works to bring a win works for me.

    I don't know how cool that would be for me. I likes the smashmouth. But yea, this is a passing league nowadays.

    An interesting tidbit: Only once has a team run the ball on every play of an NFL game. The Cleveland Browns, in fact...in 1950. It was the first season in the NFL for the Browns, and the NFL wanted to show them that they were no match for the NFL, so they lined them up against the reigning NFL Champion Philadelphia Eagles in the first game of the season. The Browns won, of course, 35-10. Eagles coach Earl "Greasy" Neale complained that "all they do is pass the ball." When they met again later on in the season, Paul Brown called a running play on every play of the game, and still beat the Eagles. The Browns would eventually go on to win the 1950 NFL Championship.

    -Al


  • The Browns will kick some serious rear later
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    @thomasw said:

    More excuses, eh? We just let AP rush for 180 yards. Pathetic. To start a thread based on "winning later," shows how far this team has to go.

    A Mike Singletary quote is good in this situation: "Cannot play with them. Cannot win with them. Cannot coach with them. Can't do it. I want winners. I want people that want to win."

    Too many losers, who don't want to win. Just my .02.

    Well said, Thomas. These guys are not paid to play, they're paid to WIN!

    Cal, I miss your "homesteading tales" but I don't care for the excuses here. We're outmatched? We're not in their league? They have one of the best defenses? Sounds like what you're saying is that the Browns suck...and that's what bugs the shit out of me.

    First year regime? Yea, I know. 50% player turnover? Yea, I know...etc., etc.

    I'm just sick of the losing. The Vikings are the kinds of teams that we need to start beating. Every year it's the same thing. New QB, new HC, new this and new that are all reasons that fans tolerate the losing.

    Yet, here we are...again. The song remains the same.

    -Al


  • Please draft or trade for a QB next year!!
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    I am an idiot. I am not a coach or talent evaluator, nor am I involved in pro football in any manner, but how is that I could see more value in AP than JT?

    How?

    How is that we passed on all those rumored #1 picks for BQ and a chance to draft Sanchez for...for THIS?!

    BQ is the same as at ND. Nice touch sometimes, but generally very, very inconsistent. (CUT!)

    BE is garbage. (CUT!)

    DA is garbage. (CUT!)

    CUT! CUT! CUT!

    -Al


  • Time to cut and run
    GeechG Geech
    The Browns Board

    Veteran's like Lewis get cut all of the time at this stage of the season.

    I agree with Solon...hasta la ciao ciao.

    -Al

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate