Seriously?
What a pussy.

(yeah, I had to log on from work just to say that)
Seriously?
What a pussy.

(yeah, I had to log on from work just to say that)
Amen. I had a feeling after hearing Rogers comments during the week he was going to bring it today.
I like Rogers and am glad he is 'back'!
The man is a beast.
A lot of folks have been wanting to see Harrison and what he could do. It's too bad it took an injury(ies) to get to see it.
I wonder if we'll continue to see Harrison or he'll be in more.
I'm guessing since Davis is supposedly out for the season, we'll definitely see more of Harrison. Maybe in a 'tandem' with Lewis. That could be cool!
I'd love to eat crow tonight but I see a .....................30-10 type finish.
you are MUCH MUCH more optimistic than I am
Doesn't someone actually have to FIGHT for there to be a battle?????
I always liked Basenji's but heard they could have some aggression problems. Like I said, I may be looking for a smallish dog sometime in the near future, do you have any problems with them nipping at people?
Yes, they can have aggression problems, like any breed that isn't properly socialized (that sounds so preachy, doesn't it???)
Seriously, it depends on so many things, good breeding is a help, but not necessarily the biggest or most important factor. What is most important is the socialization. Let them meet many people and dogs frequently and they will be good dogs.
My first basenji, Zeke was a holy terror. Never really liked anybody except his family, but he did bite even me a couple of times. That was mostly my fault. I wasn't familiar with the breed and didn't realize the socialization they needed. He got better for awhile when we did regular training but other things got in the way and his training lacked.
The two I have now are much different. Buddy is afraid of men so will snap/growl every now and then. But he is really good with women and other dogs (don't know about kids as we don't have any).
Sally on the other hand is WONDERFUL with people, but not so great with other dogs.
Many basenji's tend to be a little stand-off-ish, but not necessarily mean. See if you can find someone close to you at Basenji Rescue and Transport if you want to meet one!

Sorry Kathy...but that was funny!! (and your cat is cute too!! LOL)
We have three dogs...it's what happens when you mix families (a la the Brady Bunch) LOL!!
Daisy is our 10+ (we're not really sure) golden/setter mix. She's a great dog. Lots of hair.
Buddy (red and white) is our 8 yr old basenji and Sally (brindle and white) is a 10 yr old basenji. I adopted them from a Basenji rescue. I've had basenji's for going on 20 years now. Interesting breed...barkless, short hair, little/no odor...but unbelievably smart.
Here's a pic of all three:

and my favorite pic of Buddy:

I need to get some new pictures of them uploaded...but you get the idea!
Riff...hope you're okay after the accident! I would have been terrified!
I have been avoiding the board for lots of reasons too...mostly just totally frustrated with all the cat-calling and cat-fighting on the QB threads. I'm pissed off that things seem to be getting worse for our Browns even though I know it's often darkest before the dawn.
And yeah, there's other stuff going on in real life too.
My new motto? Better living through modern chemistry. Thank God my doctor is fairly generous! 
Now I'm off to look at all the cute dogs on the dog thread...and post pics of mine!
This topic should be and already is in the baseball forum.
Oh Thank You!!
I had absolutely no clue who or what Wedge was and thought I had missed something somewhere.
You have restored my state of mind! 
Neither does anyone else (except perhaps certain Iranian allies).
But it's funny, several years ago another President said almost the exact same thing and he was crucified for believing the 'intelligence agents' and 'lying'. Will this President be treated the same?
I don't watch other teams, never have...don't have any interest at all. For me, it's the Browns or nothing. Yeah, we watch bowling but that doesn't count
I do not watch any other teams or any other sports.
I won't give up on the Browns and I don't get to watch them much so I don't suffer quite as much as many of you do.
I'm happy today that we still have a team called The Cleveland Browns.
It was worse once.
Thanks everyone for bringing this into perspective for me.
I agree with a lot of you and thought this kid has some fire! Good!
And the idea of Shaun Rogers leading him off did give me a laugh.
I just really think this kid needs to be able to play more!
saw that after I posted...sorry for the double post everyone!!!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4504153
Browns rookie throws ice, punchBEREA, Ohio -- After a spirited practice, the Cleveland Browns were still in a playful mood so they decided to pull a prank on one of their rookies.
Coye Francies didn't care for the joke.
The first-year cornerback, incensed over being soaked with water by some of his teammates, threw a bucket of ice and at least one errant punch during a skirmish in the Browns' locker room on Friday.
As the Browns returned from practice, a dripping-wet Francies stormed into the locker room lugging a Gatorade bucket full of ice. Before he could be stopped, Francies tossed the ice on cornerback Brandon McDonald, hitting him with cubes that covered the floor.
At that point, it was not clear if Francies was playing along and messing with McDonald.
Then, his mood, and the vibe in the room, turned more serious.
Francies flung some more ice in the direction of safety Mike Adams before heading toward safety Abram Elam's corner cubicle. With the bucket on the floor, Francies then swung his arms at Elam, who deflected the blows. Pro Bowl nose tackle Shaun Rogers then stepped in and grabbed Francies by the back of the shirt and escorted him out a side door as other players came to help.
"Calm down, man," Rogers told Francies as he pushed him outside.
"Welcome to the Browns locker room!" wide receiver Braylon Edwards hollered.
The incident happened while the locker room was open to reporters. The Browns (0-2) play at Baltimore on Sunday.
The Cleveland Browns are 0-2 and in desperate need of a victory this weekend. So why exactly are the Browns playing around?, James Walker asks. Blog
Francies returned a few minutes later and went straight to his stall at the back of the locker room, next to the equipment area. He still seemed irritated as he sat there. Rogers, linebackers D'Qwell Jackson and Eric Barton and safety Brodney Pool tried to calm him down.
At the other end, McDonald cleaned up the mess in front of his stall.
"It was just guys having fun," McDonald said, whisking the ice off the carpet into a dust pan with a broom. "I was the first one he saw. He got a little aggressive, it's no big deal. We handled it. It's over now and we're going to worry about the Ravens. We don't want to have any misconceptions in the locker room.
"So that's it. We took care of it, and we're moving on."
After dressing, Francies had cooled down enough to smile.
"It's all just fun and games," he said. "We were just playing around."
Later, a regretful Francies went to coach Eric Mangini's office to explain what happened and acknowledged he had overreacted.
Mangini wanted to do some further investigating and consulted with other players and team leaders to make sure there was no lingering conflict.
"I said, 'Was there anything malicious about this? Is there something deeper here?" Mangini said. "And to a man, they said, 'No it was nothing like that.' He's a rookie, he's young. He should have put it in the right context. I trust the guys I talked to. I talked to him afterward and he said, 'I should have handled it differently."
The Browns dropped their first two games with second-half collapses in both. But despite the slow start, defensive coordinator Rob Ryan senses that Cleveland's players are determined to turn their season around.
"I know our guys are ready to fight," he said. "They're starting to care for each other. We're coming together. I can see it."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
This kinda worries me...is this a sign of frustration for whatever reason? Is this just a rookie over-reacting and his team mates sticking up for him or is there more to this?
@.mz said:
Are we talking football or Mangini's man-boobs here?
well, I certainly wasn't talking about boobs 
We couldn't trap a small mouse with a block of cheese. We are what we are - can't run or pass, can't stop the run or pass. I'm amazed we can dress ourselves for the game.
Awww...come on Vegas!!!
You know sometimes jello seems to take a long time to get to that perfect springy, swingy, jello-y stage...
We're gonna get there this week!!! 
Or...this could be Mangini's way of messing with the Baltimore DC's and how they game plan. It's not like he hasn't done that before.
Jamal could be ready to play on Sunday.
I'd like to see more of Harrison and a few others...more options with RB and the defense may have a harder time choosing who to block every damn play.
On the NFL net earlier today they had a segment about qbs on the hot seat, and BQ was a big portion of the segment.Martz said he would have a hard time sticking with Quinn much longer. Basically it was because the team was dumbing down the O in order to help him, and if you have to do that, you have to pull him.
Meh...I take half of what the media says with a grain of salt and the other half goes in one ear and out the other.
These guys are not on the field, in the locker room, in the offices every day with these guys. They are making assumptions because people think they know so much more about the game. And they might...but they also are worred about ratings and talking about known controversial subjects and they are not involved in coaching (although some of them might have been at one time).
I don't believe the team is 'dumbing down the O' in order to help Quinn. They may be dumbing it down to help the entire O learn a new system, new coach, new whatever. But that doesn't rest solely on Quinn. There are lots of others who are learning new positions (Cribbs) and new systems (all the rookies) and new plays (the entire team).