Stan!!
Training camp kind of sucked without your in depth camp reports! It has been a really weird off-season. Glad your back!
Stan!!
Training camp kind of sucked without your in depth camp reports! It has been a really weird off-season. Glad your back!
I really like people that you can learn from. I really can't stand the Monday Night crew but sometimes listening to John Gruden talk is great. He will sometimes call a play before it happens and really gives an insight to the game even though he is some what annoying.
I like Jim Nantz on whatever he is doing. To me he is probably the best overal announcer he does everything Golf, Tennis,
Football, College Bball. Pretty amazing.
Well every year I am wrong about who we should or will draft but I have someone that I would love to have as a late round selection.
Casey Matthews LB from Oregon.
We missed out on our chance for one Matthews but I wouldn't mind taking a late round flyer on him. I watched 2 Oregon games this year and he plays with the same high energy his brother plays and look at him!!
He is the 11th ranked ILB in the draft according to ESPN and isn't supposed to go before round 5.
They are all educated guesses that late in a draft and I would say try it. He plays that hi energy and has NFL pedigree throughout the whole family.
I don't know if he will come out this year or not. But I was really impressed with Marvin Mcnutt from Iowa. He is a big physical guy who you could get a lot later in the draft then the big names. I get very hesitant using a very valuable pick in the first round of the draft when so many of the leagues best WRs have been selected later in the draft.
7 Marvin McNutt WR 6-4 215 JR ST. LOUIS, MO
Rec. 51 Yards 798 TDs 8
Even if it isn't McNutt, I really think we can find someone later in the draft and continue to use our first rounders on the Defensive side of the ball because we are so close to have a really good D. I really don't believe a rookie WR makes the team that much better in 2011 but man a kick ass DE like Bowers out of Clemson could instantly make our pass rush better.
Also, this is my OSU homerism coming out but Dane Sazenbacher could be a later round steal and could be used in the Wes Welker role. He has great hands, runs great routes, and gets open. Not very big and couldn't be a number 1 but once again could be of great value later in the draft.
Last night I watched Monday Night Football and saw an incredible offensive display. Mike Vick will be getting all the compliments in the world today but I believe someone else should be getting the credit. GM Tom Heckert Drafted DeSean Jackson in the 2nd Round in 2008 when a lot of people passed on him, then in 09 drafted another unproven "speed" receiver in the 1st Round. If you watch the speed of these receivers made the safeties play so deep that Vick could run like crazy. They also were always open. This is a WR league and sometimes QBs get all the credit and Vick does deserve tons of credit but man with that type of speed at the WR position they are hard to guard.
I really believe Heckert will use the same template as he did in Philly and look for a "DeSean Jackson, Maclin" type receiver in the first 3 rounds. Speed is what really seperates WR at this level and Heckert will get us a speed guy to open our offense up.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-cut-al-harris/
I usually don't like to jump on the oh goodness this guy is cut we need to pick him up bandwagon. But assuming he is injury free (he had to pass a test to get off the PUP list) he would definitely help out our depth at DB. He also fits in perfect with our physical defense. There is always a reason why a team cuts a player but I am sure he can still be pretty good guarding the 3rd or 4th WRs in this league.
Would you pick him up?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com//2010/wri...ards/index.html
Alex Mack is getting some credit!! Must say Mangini knows Centers. Mangold with the Jets and Now Mack with the Browns.
This is Belichick stirring the pot. He wants to get under the skin of Mangini and also stir up controversery here in Cleveland that Mike Holmgren is involved and wants to coach again and blah blah blah. The only thing west coast about this offense is the fact that our receivers suck and we throw short because they are never open down the field. Belichick hates Mangini and wants to cause problems.
Lets just say Mitchell comes in and plays really well. Lets say 6 catches 90 yards and a TD. What would you think of Mangini keeping him on the bench all year behind players like Robiske, Stuckey, MoMass, and Cribbs? All year long we have been calling for a deep threat even if he can't catch I still thinking someone that is as big and as fast as him he could at least stretch the field opening things up for some of our other receivers.
Love Mangini or Hate him you have to aggree with his decision to get this dumb ass out of town. Guys like this bring teams like the Jets down.
Cleveland Browns activate Shaun Rogers, cut CB Brandon McDonald and QB Brett Ratliff and 13 others
CLEVELAND -- The Browns activated nose tackle Shaun Rogers from the physically unable to perform list and made the following roster moves to get down to 53 players:
Waived were DB Larry Asante, DB Chris Chancellor, OL Paul Fanaika, DL Clifton Geathers, DL Travis Ivey, RB Chris Jennings, CB Brandon McDonald, DL Swanson Miller, OL Pat Murray, QB Brett Ratliff, DL Brian Sanford and DB DeAngelo Smith.
The following players had their contracts terminated: WR Bobby Engram, OL Scott Koistra and DL C.J. Mosley.
The Browns probably will make several waiver claims on Sunday and will add players to their practice squad.
I dont' see any real surprises except Mcdonald who we knew about earlier. Hopefully Asante will clear waivers so we can sign him to the practice squad. Also I thought Bobby Engram played pretty good and could possibly help being a Veteran for our young guys. I am guessing they didn't think Carlton Mitchell would clear waivers so they had to keep him on the 53 man roster.
I am sure Anderson is impressing the coaches with his "rocket" arm. Wait until the regular season when a team game plans to get pressure on him because he has no idea how to check down or read a defense!!
Anderson, not Leinart, to start Cardinals third preseason game
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt says he will start Derek Anderson on Saturday night when the Cardinals visit the Chicago Bears for their third preseason game.
Anderson was told on Thursday morning that he would be working with the first-team offense.
Whisenhunt says Anderson will work in the first quarter and that Matt Leinart will enter the game. The coach says it's a flip of how they played the quarterbacks in Monday night's 24-10 loss at Tennessee.
Asked what he's looking for with the change, Whisenhunt says, "first downs."
Leinart, the 10th overall pick in the 2006 draft, started for Arizona on Monday and went three-and-out in all three of his series.
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/foot...p#ixzz0xkCue6Qk
Really? Playoffs? I love the spirit but I am going to say 8-8 at the best. This is the Browns and I don't want to get my hopes up to once again hosting a Draft party because that is the only thing that we can ever look forward to!!
wow that's embarrassing! Spell check can't save you when you mess up that bad!!
Just heard from the best news site out there TWITTER that 7th pick Joe Haden has signed with the Browns for 5 years 50 millions dollars 26 million guranteed all according to Mary Kay Cabot of the Plain Dealer. This is great news!!!
I believe it will all depend on Colt McCoys progression. If in 2011 the Browns believe Colt is ready he will play. Just like when the Bengals had John Kitna who had a pro bowl type year and then without hesistation still moved to Carson Palmer because that was their plan because they thought Palmer was ready. If the Browns don't believe he is ready then they will stick with Delhomme another year and go with Colt in 2012.
yeah since you can tell how much people weigh just by looking at them
Ha, but there is this thing called google and he is listed at 247!! 
6'6 260 is undersized? LMFAO whose crack have you been smoking?
That guy isn't 250 soaking wet. He looks a little undersized to me. Also, I don't think D-Train was saying use him all the time in the slot, but if you have a 2 tight end set and you can put him in motion into the slot which could create some nice match up problems if they try to check him with a DB or Safety.
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like he has been in the league forever? I was truly surprised to see he had only been in the league 6 years and is only 29. I like this signing a lot, more solid players for the field and locker room!