It's not like we have a surplus of decent wide recievers...then again maybe we do and the problem is that they didn't all go to Oregon State.
jclong
Posts
-
Oregonian Reporter has solution to help DA -
Big Gay Ben is RawIt just shows you that the NFL will allow Ben to do anything with no repercussions. Just a couple years ago the NFL wouldn't even allow Adam "pacman" Jones to be part of Pro Wrestling while he was serving a suspension. I do recall several other players getting shit from the NFL just for making an appearance. It is just a double standard. But I guess thats nothing new.
-
Big Gay Ben is RawNext Monday Big Gay Ben will be the Special Guest Host on WWE Monday Night Raw. I guess they will let anyone host that show now.
-
Cribbs at QB ??I went to college with Josh Cribbs, and frankly all we need with the Browns right now is a place holder QB and frankly DA and Quinn are not that. I have seen some good passes from Cribbs as well are great runs. I think if we put Cribbs in now we could walk away with a couple wins, which is a couple more than I see us getting with any of the other 3 Browns QB's. I mean in all fairness we should be drafting a QB in one of the first 2 rounds next year and then that QB should take over, but this season is a loss so lets see what Cribbs can do...maybe he'll show himself to be a good backup because as it stands now i am not conviced that Quinn or DA is even a good backup right now either.
-
This weeks Free Agent of the WeekBilly Cundiff, he was signed by the Browns and 36 hours later accounted for 100% of Cleveland's points. Say what you will but that is just fantastic. I'm just curious how early is to early to start talking about the NFL draft? For some reason I am thinking we might be in the market for a Quarterback.
-
OT: Buckeyes-TrojansThis game was rediculous all the way around. It showed us that Pryor has no Quarterbacking skills at all, he throws short passes at peoples feet and long passes short or long. I mean I wanted to believe he was gonna work out but I have a bad feeling Buckeye fans are in for a bad season and at least one more to come thanks to this kid. No wonder all the junior talent left last season, they saw the writing all the wall. And I guess I wouldnt be a true Buckeye fan if I didnt mention some suspect penalties...but seriously the Refrees were pretty good in this game. As far as the USC freshman it makes me almost ill that he'll get the credit for this win he passes for less than 50% for under 200 yards and and Pick...quick make him an all american. Okay thats my "rant"
-
Indians to lose $16 MillionThe real problem here is Dolan sucks as a man of business. You learn day one that in a floundering economy it is rediculous to think that you would still have growth. To believe that you would have 2.2 million fans this season with ticket prices remaining the same is just dumb. And to plan for it is just stupid. Dolan put all his eggs in one basket and now he finds out that the basket has a hole in it. And you know who is going to pay for is ignorance the Cleveland Fans. Thank you Mr. Dolan for being so short sighted, if it weren't for owners like you we here in Cleveland Ohio would be spoiled with Championships by now. And I sure wouldn't want to feel good about myself with the economy the way it is.
Thanks for reading.
-
WHO!?!?!?!?!?!?!They are saying he wont even see playing time for 2 years or so and is a huge project. DeJuan Blair is still on the board and has "proven" talent so what the heck. You can play him off the bench until he gets ready and then replace Anderson with Blair...but for some reason the Cavs throw away the pick on some guy from the Congo who may or may not play in the NBA at all....unreal.
-
Stallworth SuspendedDude your on crack. He killed someone period. This is not this first time in trouble for Stallworth. He is enrolled in the league substance abuse program. This was a correct assessment by the Commish. Playing football is a privilege not a right.
Totally disagree, playing football is not a privilege or a right, it is a job. So think about it like this, you are working for a company that makes toys...you then get arrested, put on trial and are found guilty of a crime...you go to jail for a month and get a lot of probation...your employer has the right to fire you but he doesn't have the right to prevent you from working for another company that also makes toys. And I don't want to hear that he can work for the AFL or CFL thats like saying I have a degree in business and you want me to work at taco bell...rediculous. Now as far as him killing someone sure he did was it completely his fault heck no it wasn't otherwise they never would've offered him a plea bargin. With Stallworth's money he could've probably gotten off near scott free, but he didn't he took his punishment. Case closed
-
Stallworth SuspendedWhat do you mean crucified!? 30 days prison, 2 years home confinement, 8[?] years probation and ordinary people [non - celeb] involved in DUI/manslaughter charges/convictions on average get MUCH more harsh sentences {Like YEARS in prison!!}
What I was saying was no that he was crucified by the legal system, but if the legal system and the family have seen fit to give Stallworth the benifit of the doubt and show so leniency. Then who the heck is the commish of the NFL to suspend him "indefinitely"? I am all for the commish flexing his muscles when called for but this is one time when an 8 game suspension is all that is needed. Consider Stallworth's leason learned and walk away.
-
Stallworth SuspendedOkay this is a bit much...Mike Vick defrauded the NFL the US Government and commited a heinous crime against humanity for murdering dogs... and he was suspended indefinitely. Stallworth on the other hand, drove drunk hit and killed a humanbeing who may or may not have been "breaking the law" (jay walking) and using poor judgement (jumping out infront of traffic). Stallworth didn't run from his mistake or try to lie about it, he stayed there took his lumps made things as right as they could possibly be (under the circumstances) and will do his time as handed down by and count of law...(unlike another NFL wide reciever who shall remain nameless and who very likely will be suiting up for an NFL team this season.) Now I am in no way saying Stallworth shouldn't be punished...by all means give him and 4 or 8 game suspension...but while we condemn his crimes let us not for get to commend his handling of the situation...he didn't bitch or whine or cry about it being "not my fault" he maned up and did the right thing. No I am an huge Brown's Fan...but I am not a huge Stallworth fan....until now...in a world full of celebrity athletes who lie cheat and steal their way out of trouble, Stallworth handled it the right way. I am not saying he should be congratulated or rewarded I am saying he shouldn't be crusified. Thank you for reading.
-
Kiper's 4 Round MockI like most of it but I still say Crabtree will not be worth the money that a top 5 pick will demand. I say we are better off trading out or getting line help and taking another WR later in the first if we have it or in the second. But again I am probably the only one who feels this way.
Josh
-
Michael CrabtreeQuite frankl, I don't like the idea of using our first, first round pick in two years on a WR, I mean lets not jump the shark and become the Detroit Lions here. We have so many more important position to address than WR, Every defensive postion needs a pick me up, offensive line may need a touch up and we are in need of a quality RB of the Future. With WR's like Hakeem Nicks, North Carolina, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland, Juaquin Iglesias, Oklahoma, Brian Robiskie, Ohio State, Derrick Williams, Penn State all available in the late first and sencond round I think throwing a first round pick at Crabtree would just be like flushing money down the toliet.