@pjt1 said:
Dude.....I'm a life long Jets fan and let me tell you, Mangini had not as much to do with your Pro Bowl idea as you think.
1st off Faneca (going to Bowl) and D. Woody revamped our OF line for Jones (going to Bowl).
2nd off Favres presence made other teams respect our passing game, something new compared to when teams all but knew our playbook with Pennington under center, which helps our line and Jones.
3rd. Our FO signed a beast in Jenkins (going to Bowl) to stuff the middle.
Washington (going to Bowl) was helped by his returns as usuall and by Favre and the OF line.
Revis (going to Bowl) has been strong since our FO drafted him.
Finally, Mangold (going to Bowl) deserves so as well, as he took care of the middle all season.
While I disagree with Favre going, his presence alone opened up our offense, AND ALL THESE PIECES WERE PART OF OUR FRONT OFFICE'S DECISIONS. MANGINA SU**S, MIKE TANNENBAUM DESRVES THE CREDIT. MANGINI LOST THE JETS TEAM AND THEY GAVE UP. HE MADE NO IN GAME CHANGES. HIS DEFENSE LACKED ANY SORT OF PASS RUSH. HE COULD NOT DICIPLINE A QB IN FAVRE. HE HAS NO FIRE DURING GAME TIME. HE'S AT BEST A DC, AND WHO EVEN KNOWS ABOUT THAT, AS THATS WHAT HE'S SUPPOSED TO KNOW BEST, DF! WHAT KIND OF COACH DOES NOT DICIPLINE A QB THROWING SO MANY INT'S? Give me a break, Im glad he's gone. Let Cleveland deal with his BS gameplanning now.
I agree with you 100%, Mangini coached some of the worst games this year I have ever seen. Great coaches never loose palyers like mangini did this year. He had nothing to do with the scouting and the draft, he gave his opinion but it was largely bradshaw and tannenbaum responibility. Also just a side note from what I saw for 3 years he is no belichick