I have read and heard a lot of speculation about this year's draft. Most people seem to think that this years draft is deep on the defensive side; but, how good are they really? My opinion is that this was not a very talented year in college which is why there were so many upsets and ranked teams falling back; while, unranked teams passed them up. The DBs looked good this year but is it because they were that good or because the receivers and quarterbacks they played against were not as good as years before this last year. I still think that DB is one of the deepest and most skilled for this draft; but, their competition makes me worry if they will do as well at the pro level. What do you think?
joedawg69
Posts
-
Where is the real talent in this year's draft? -
Front 7LOL, right now it is hard to say who we should pick because there is not a lot to think about for them. The combine will help a little as far as work ethic and what kind of people they are; but, honestly they are all a crap shoot as usual. The ones that look like sure things could blow up in our face (as usual) and the ones that everyone says are not worth anything could be the next Tom Brady for all we know. I do agree that we could use some more help with our front seven but I think we could use more help with our LBs instead of the D-line.
-
Garrett and Hooker. Why not?I really don't think Hooker will be there at 12 but they appear to have the potential to go at those picks. The big question is who else in this draft is worth the 1st and 12th pick that everyone would like instead. I really don't see a QB yet that jumps out enough to warrant either of those picks. I would like to upgrade at QB for sure; I am just not sure any of the QBs in this draft are a big enough upgrade to use our 1st or 12th pick on them.
-
Reasons to believe the Browns have turned the corner into turning into a winning TEAMHue is the best head coach prospect we have had in longer than I can remember. Not so sure about the roster yet. I am optimistic because I just want to watch the Browns win; but, I am not saying we have made it to the promised land or anything. I just feel that we will be more competitive this season and just may be playoff contenders in a couple years. Just have to wait and see.
-
Will McCown be given the chance to beat out RG III?I think Hue Jackson will play the best QB that he has on the roster, no matter what the situation is, and will not put up with the front office intimidation that the others did. If Josh can prove to Hue that he is that guy; then, Josh will be the starter.
-
when does optimism start?Being optimistic is fine; just don't make claims that are unproven either way until you have something to base it on.
-
Veteran, OTA's & Rookie Camp NotesI am not sold on the team turning it around. I just like what changes the new staff have made. That does not mean that it will succeed; just, that it appears to be an improvement. You can be optimistic without being ignorant.
-
Let's Look Seriously at WRI like having a few veterans show these young kids how to act and handle stresses in the locker room and off the field; but, it is our coaches that should teach on the field and help all of the players get better. You really only need a few vets to be team captains and the rest are BPA in my opinion. Now, if they thought that Hartline was better than most of the other receivers than I think we should have kept him; but, if they just did not like what they saw enough and felt that they could get better from the younger players than I understand. Anyway, we finally have some real coaches and not project coaches trying for the first time. Let's see where this goes and hope at least two of the four WR drafted pan out.
-
Ogbah signedI am not a big fan of taking a 4-3 DE and making him a 3-4 OLB but I am not ready to call him a bust just yet either. I understand it is harder to make the change than to just draft an OLB; but, that does not mean it will not work. I will wait and see.
-
Let's Look Seriously at WRAlthough I agree that Moore will have a chance to make special teams for a spot on the 53; I think he will have to compete for that spot as there will be many rookies trying to take it away from him. If he cannot prove that he is much better at special teams than the rookies; I think, he will be let go in favor of one of them.
-
Browns Waive WR David RichardsDon't see him making the 53; but, who knows. Not even sure why they brought him in. Must have been a scout who liked him coming out of college or something.
-
CheerleadersBecause we have the dawgpound to inspire us; and don't need anything else to get the crowd into the games. Besides, there are plenty of sexy Browns fans in the stands if you really need to look.
-
Veteran, OTA's & Rookie Camp NotesHave not been able to see much this year; but, Higgins is being said to be looking like a starter at receiver (keep in mind that this is just OTAs and things can change once the pads come on). Mostly just talk of showing potential and have to wait and see. Not sure Ogbah can make the change but I am always skeptical of 4-3 DEs changing to 3-4 OLBs. Anyway, I have seen worse on this team and others. At least they are showing improvement and the desire to improve (no divas so far).
-
Next Survey1. Armonty Bryant
2. Tony Romo (due to injuries)
3. I hated Pat Shurmur as our head coach (other than that, no real hate) 3 part II. Harbaugh
4. My house or a friend's house with a big screen.
5. Warren G. Harding
-
Ray Horton Defense Primer... In Case You Missed the His First Stint with Us...All I can remember is that Horton's defense did good up to the late part of the 3rd quarter or into the 4th quarter and then fell apart from exhaustion because they were on the field most of the time. Our offense really was bad then; it was like our defense was playing the whole game. Maybe things will look better for Horton this time around and maybe not. I will just hold my tongue until I have something to go on.
-
It's Going to be a Good SeasonThe Steelers have the best chance to win the division, so far, but it is still anyone's shot until the end of the season (or sooner for some teams that do great or terrible). After losing Hue, I don't think that the Bengals are going to be the same team and will fall from glory this season. It would be nice to see another team in last place in our division again.
-
Browns draft ranked #1The ones that rank all of this stuff are right about as much as we are. We may have done well in this year's draft or we may have blown it but we will not know until we see what the coaches can do with them. It can be fun to rank and guess but it is still just guessing. Let's hope they are right on this one or at least close.
-
Brian Hartline ReleasedGuys, we don't even know the whole story. Maybe Brian just did not want to stay here for the rebuild or wanted to take a chance at another team. And yes, maybe they just did not like Hartline for some reason. I liked Hartline too; but, I have gotten used to seeing players I like come and go. We should be used to it by now.
-
It's Going to be a Good SeasonI'm not knocking your Cleveland Pick; but, you might want to look back to how well the Bengals were doing without Hue Jackson as their OC. The Bengals are not even going to look like the same team and they will not take the division.
-
Im convinced only hometown boys are gonna get any of our teams anywhere..I agree that many home-state players can be more motivated to play for their favorite team; but, that is not always enough. I really wanted Charlie Frye to make it but he just did not have the abilities to make it at the NFL level. I love to watch a team of guys with heart play but if they are in over their heads it can be sad to watch a team with way more talent pick them apart no matter how hard they try. I feel where you are coming from but they need more than just heart to play in the NFL. On the flip side, they need some heart too and not just a great deal of talent to match their big ego.