best of wishes, very sorry for your loss
Joker Boy
Posts
-
Goodbye, Dad. Goodbye Browns Super Bowl Dreams -
All Fans Watch This! -
Delhomme the worst qb in the NFLHillis-iz-Boss said:
I think I found out why Delhomme looks confused.

HE'S LLOYD CHRISTMAS!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHA
HAHAHA
HAHA
HA
-
Vickers PancakesCool
-
Just a curiosity pollYou asked, so I'll tell you. Of course I believe in God. There are a lot of things I have experienced personally that has reinforced my faith. Though I don't think that He is a Browns fan, or a football fan for that matter, LOL! There, I tried to spin a football comment into this post.
At any rate, I'm more spiritual than religious, if that makes sense. There are certain things I don't like about organized religion, as in too many different religions, and the argument of who is right and who is wrong, because until we get there, we really don't or won't know who is right or wrong. But, I don't mind talking religion, and philosophy. I used to get so annoyed back in the day when Jehovah Witnesses or Mormons would show up at my door and try to convert me, but anymore, I just smile, tell them "no thanks," wish them luck, and tell them I have my own faith. Now as for the tv evangelists, like Pat Robertson, I think that they're all kooks! With that being said, there are a lot of things in this world that are beyond our comprehension, and it can be a cool discussion when you go into it with an open mind.
nice post!
and thanks for sharing -
Just a curiosity pollI am just curious lol that is why I did a poll so no one would argue. It's always nice to see what people believe. I respect everyone's belief system. Also I know there are religious forums with a bunch of hot heads arguing back and forth the problem is Browns fans are awesome, hot heads are not!!
The only thing important enough to get THAT passionate over is Browns football haha. -
Just a curiosity pollI know this seems weird but I usually ask this question to people I meet just because I'm curious and I get surprised by how many atheists I actually meet. I've been on this board for a little while now so I thought it'd be cool to see how many fellow atheists are on here. I put it in poll form because I know a lot of atheists don't like putting themselves out there so i thought an anonymous poll would be best, feel free to post your reply after you vote if you feel comfortable. I know this isn't football related but learning more about those around us is always a good thing.
Poll results from the old forum
What is your religous belief
- Atheist (I believe there is no god): 8 votes
- Agnostic (Not saying there is a God But not saying there's not, I really don't know): 6 votes
- I believe in God: 16 votes
-
How many guys from the NBA can play in the NFL ?no one cares
-
Youth Jets fan injured after gamehttp://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5816234
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets, disheartened to hear about an 8-year-old Jets fan in Cleveland who was reportedly tackled by a drunken Browns fan after Sunday's game, reached out to the boy's family Wednesday and offered VIP treatment at a Jets home game.
Matt Higgins, the Jets' executive vice president of business operations, contacted the family after reading of its plight at 6 a.m. on Twitter. The Jets offered to fly the family to New Jersey to watch a game in a luxury suite at the New Meadowlands Stadium and receive autographed memorabilia from coach Rex Ryan and players.
The family politely declined, according to the Jets.
Mistakes By The Lake
A Clevelander tackling an 8-year-old Jets fan is the latest stain on LeBron James' old stomping ground, writes Rob Parker. Read the column
"It's terrible, what happened to that little boy," Higgins told ESPNNewYork.com. "As a father myself, I can say it tugs at you. We reached out to them, hoping we could raise their spirits. But, in talking to the family, they'd like to maintain their privacy. They have no plans to take us up on the offer at this time, but it's an open-ended invitation."
The boy went to the game at Cleveland Browns Stadium in a Jets jersey with his father, who was born in New York. Much to the chagrin of the local crowd, the Jets rallied for a 26-20 overtime victory. The boy's mother, identified only as Danielle by ABC affiliate WEWS because she didn't want to reveal her last name, said the fans in the stadium were great, but things got out of control outside after the game.
"Calling him a bad word, to my husband and to my son, throwing food at them," she said, according to WEWS.
When the family reached the parking lot, the situation got uglier.
"As [my husband] was walking, holding my son's hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dad's hand. He was on the ground crying," Danielle said, according to the station.
The boy was left with a scraped and bruised ankle. The mother said her husband didn't call police, opting instead to quickly get in the car and leave. But the mother wrote a letter to The Plain Dealer in Cleveland detailing what happened.
A team spokesman said the Browns contacted the boy's family on Wednesday and offered "anything we can do" after hearing about the "unfortunate" incident.
Browns coach Eric Mangini was dismayed by the matter.
"If it's true, it's ridiculous and the guy should be arrested," Mangini said. "I would be sick if someone tackled my kid. I think it's just wrong on so many levels and I would be angry as a parent, beyond angry. It shouldn't happen anywhere, ever."
The boy's mother had been nervous about her son attending the game, but believed "kids are off-limits. Clevelanders are such great people. I knew that they would never hurt an 8-year-old kid, never."
She apparently was wrong.
"My husband asked him, 'Did you have a good time?' He said, 'Yes.' He said, 'Would you want to go back sometime?' And he said, 'No, I don't like Browns Stadium.' Who could blame him?" the boy's mother said.
The Browns have successfully cracked down on fan misconduct inside their stadium this season.
-
New to the Boardwell when a drunk browns fan tackles an 8 year old kid who just wants to watch football at the browns stadium just because the kid has a Jets jersey on... it's a sad xxxxin day to be a Browns fan.
read it on espn here
-
Cleveland Browns increasingly sure they've found their star QB in Colt McCoyhttp://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...creasingly.html
BEREA, Ohio -- The Browns aren't about to utter it out loud just yet, but there's a growing sense in the organization that it has the quarterback of the future in rookie Colt McCoy.
It was McCoy's sensational game-tying drive at the end of regulation against the Jets that has some in the organization convinced. The feeling is that he did almost everything he could to pull it out in overtime, and that if not for Chansi Stuckey's fumble at the Jets 32 and a few other missed opportunities, he would've earned his third straight upset over an elite NFL team.
134Share
67 Comments
Instead, the Browns lost, 26-20, but are encouraged that they might be set for the foreseeable future at the most important position on the team.
"That drive Colt put together was another part of him building trust," said coach Eric Mangini. "That's not an easy defense to move the ball on in a two-minute situation and go score a touchdown on. There's poise there, and some outstanding plays from everybody."
McCoy is now 2-2 in his four starts, but has faced teams with a combined record of 26-10, none with fewer than six victories.
"For him to come in as a rookie and play these great teams -- these four great teams in a row -- I mean, you have to give it to him," said Peyton Hillis.
He's faced three of the top 10 defenses in the Steelers (ninth), Saints (third) and Jets (fifth). He's completed 64 of his 99 attempts (64.6 percent) for 734 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions for a 85.2 rating.
"I'm really impressed with Colt, his resilience, and the things that he's done," said Mangini. "He's shown great poise under pressure against a lot of outstanding defensive schemes and a lot of outstanding defensive personnel. For a young guy, he's been really impressive."
McCoy earned the high praise of Jets linebacker Trevor Pryce, who watched the Browns struggle at quarterback during his four seasons with the Ravens. He was also there for the first meeting this year before being released.
"Quote me on this: 'They have a quarterback now,'" the 13-year veteran said. "I'm glad I'm not in the AFC North anymore so I don't have to see him get better. They've had quarterback problems for a long time. They now have a legit quarterback. He plays with a lot of confidence and he plays with a lot of poise."
"Quote me on this: 'They have a quarterback now,'" 13-year veteran Jets linebacker Trevor Pryce said on Sunday. "I'm glad I'm not in the AFC North anymore so I don't have to see him get better."
The plays that have Browns all abuzz are the final three in regulation that forced the overtime: the 17-yarder down the deep right to Ben Watson into double coverage, the 18-yarder to Evan Moore with premier cornerback Darrelle Revis draped all over him and the 3-yard TD to Mohamed Massaquoi that tied it.
McCoy went 5-of-9 for 58 yards on the 10-play drive, and snuck for another yard. He told the team before the drive that they'd sent it into overtime -- and win.
"He did a great job," said Moore, who wedged his body between Revis and the ball to make the catch. "Everything from finding Ben, that was just as much a good play by Ben as it was with Colt. He put that thing on the mark and Ben made a great play. Colt has poise and the ability to take it in stride.
"He was the winningest quarterback in college, so for him to come in put together a drive to win is just him playing football. That's what he does. I'm not surprised."
Mangini declined to say that McCoy can be the team's franchise QB, but can't hide his admiration. The Browns are expected to let him play out the final seven games because of how well he's been playing, but aren't saying so yet.
"After four games, I can say I like a ton of the stuff about him," Mangini said, "but I don't want to put that pressure on him, either. We've got to let him continue to grow and develop. Not that he hasn't been under a lot of pressure, but I'm not going to add to it."
But longtime veterans such as linebacker Eric Barton and cornerback Sheldon Brown, who've been around Brett Favre and Donovan McNabb, are convinced that McCoy can be the guy here.
"I think we've always believed in him," said Barton. "I think every week he goes out there, personally he impresses me more and more. He's just got it. It's one of those things where he's not tall, he can't throw real hard, he can't do this, but he's a winner. You want guys like that. He's a natural leader and it's infectious. I just love watching him, I love being around him, I think he's a great quarterback."
Said Brown: "No. 12 is a special player. The poise is unreal for a rookie, to be able to do that. I've never seen anything like it for a rookie to come in and play the way he plays. The way the offense is playing hard for him, watching him. Watching him every day in practice, he's just continuing to get better. It's amazing to watch."
-
Countdown Daily: How Good Are The Browns -
Will the Browns Be Overlooked Again?The Lions lost that game by having the big man kick the extra point, at the level we are playing there is no team that's going to beat us that's not playing their best football. I'm not saying we are not going to lose another game I'm just saying our opponents are going to have to prepare for us as we are the best team in the nfl because we are playing at that level right now.
-
Peyton Hillis Post Game Press Conference lmfaostupid troll, there was nothing wrong with that clip. He's a great back and an even better person. He loves the game and his team I can see why a steelers fan wouldn't understand where he's comming from.
Don't see yourself short Hillis god has nothing to do with your skill that's all on you my man!
-
Trash-Talk Thread for Browns & Steeler fans -
Help!! Need good combackI just hope Rapistberger's brother cousins don't rush the field and attempt their weekend orgy, there's gonna be kids watching. Keep that shit in the Pittsburgh bondage clubs.
-
Steelers not overlooking Colt McCoyhttp://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id...king-colt-mccoy
PITTSBURGH --The Steelers (3-1), coming off a bye week, are huge favorites in Sunday's game against the Cleveland Browns. A major reason is the struggling Browns (1-4) are expected to start rookie quarterback Colt McCoy in his first NFL game.
But the Steelers are not underestimating McCoy, who was the winningest quarterback in college football history at the University of Texas. Most, including the AFC North blog, don't expect McCoy to have much success against Dick LeBeau's physical and complicated defense. Yet Pittsburgh is taking this challenge seriously.
"He's a quarterback in the NFL," Steelers Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison said Wednesday. "That means he has the ability to do it. So we're not lighting up about anything."
Steelers defensive lineman Evander "Ziggy" Hood is probably the last Pittsburgh player to overlook McCoy. Hood, a University of Missouri alum, faced McCoy three times in the Big 12 and was winless in three attempts.
According to Hood, McCoy's versatility and playmaking ability are two concerns for Pittsburgh's defense.
"He can do it all -- run, pass, paint the fence and walk the dog," Hood recalls of his college games against McCoy. "Whenever he gets in, he's going to make something happen."
Pittsburgh lost to Cleveland in its previous meeting. The loss didn't sit well with the Steelers, who have dominated the Browns the past several years.
With all the hype about quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's return and low expectations for McCoy, the Steelers want to avoid a letdown.
"We're talking about the Browns; you guys [the media] are talking about Ben," Steelers receiver Hines Ward said. "Even though their record doesn't indicate it, they're still playing good football. A play here and there, and their record could easily be 3-2 or 4-1 the other way."
-
Someone who needs to be part of the blame gameThis poll is stupid and the replies are from people who don't know anything about football. This board had integrity at one time now it's filled with a bunch of idiots, the browns fans are crying and it's the steelers fan that points out that we're competing and getting real close to winning. Sad sacks all of you, none of you bleed brown and orange. Last year everyone said I just want to see improvement now we get improvement on year 1 of the rebuild and this board is filled with BS. A team with damn near no talent and we were competitive with 3 teams that are 2-1, 2-1, and 3-0 and you want the coaching staff hung for this??? Complain about no adjustments being made with eric wright and I would agree but rant about tossing the coaching staff out the door with what they've done with a team this bad??? brilliant. If 98% of you guys made the decisions of who to keep and who to fire we would always be this bad.
-
so much for you're harrison theoriesTold ya so
-
Source: Wallace To Start SundayI'd much rather have a healthy delhomme however I'm excited to see what wallace can do out there with 4 quarters and the starters. I feel a qb controversy brewing (if wallace succeeds) but I hope not delhomme is our man atleast for the rest of this year.