Louisville Slugger
Posts
-
You're the GM... -
Free AgentsI hear ya guys. I'd like to have him back but there's no way I'd give him a long term deal. He's just too injury prone and I feel like we should be able to get a cheaper and more consistent alternative.
-
You're the GM...If Baker was in this draft he would easily be the top QB right? He's had 2 good years and 2 bad years. His bad years came under Kitchens and that while debacle. Then this year when he had a blown out shoulder. The only reason I'm considering trading him is because I don't think Stephanski can get the best out of him. You might as well let him find his guy and cash out on a desperate team with no options
Bridgewater is no where near as good as Baker, but he knows the offense and he's better than Keenum. He would be a bridge while Stephanski finds his guy but keeps us competitive and would be cheap
-
You're the GM...I really like Baker. I think he could be a top 10 QB... in another system. With this being a poor QB class I think we could start a bidding war for him and net multiple 1st round picks.
With those picks we have options. (Warning you're going to hate the last one but hear me out)
1. If Aaron Rodgers does become available we would have to be the favorite to land him. Our OC was close with him, we would have the trade ammo, and the cap space to bring him and Adam's in.
2. A potential Russell Wilson or Carr trade.
3. We use the draft picks and sign Bridgewater. Bridgewater might not put up big numbers but he's won in this system. He's a system QB but that's what Stephanski seems to want. We improve the overall talent on the team for 5 years and we get comparable production to Baker. We obviously would need to be on the search for an upgrade but I think we could still be contenders even with Bridgewater at QB.
-
Free AgentsI'd offer McDowell 1 or 2 year deal nothing crazy.
Stewart, Hance, and Bell are guys I'd bring back for cheap competition.
I would offer Hubbard a deal but I'm betting he's looking to start somewhere and get a bigger contract.
Clowney played well this year so he's probably looking to get paid. I dont trust him to stay healthy so I'll pass.
-
Would you deal a third rounder for Tua, average arm but faster release than Marino.If Baker is going to be out for an extended period of time I would roll the dice on Gardner Minshew. Similar QB that wouldn't cost much but could be an upgrade over Keenum. I'm not a fan of Cam Newton but he's available. If need be do you think Steph can put together a game plan to use him successfully?
-
Whats your best case scenario? -
Whats your best case scenario?I love the DT depth in 2/3/4 rounds of this draft I would not draft one at 26.
I’m leaning toward a pass rusher or a corner Round 1.
CAN WE DRAFT A PHYSICAL CORNER PLEASE WITH SOME SIZE AND NO DURABILITY CONCERNS
Love the Walker Little pick. He’s an ideal fit for our scheme.
What DTs do you like? I havent done much digging this year, but I haven't seen anything special.
-
Whats your best case scenario?With all of the additions we've made this off-season the main concern I have going into the draft is CB. Ward and Williams have availability issues so there is a good chance that Hill maybe the only quality starter we have at some point in the season. Given he hasn't played a snap in this defense who knows what we have in him.
While playing around on one of the draft simulators I had Farley fall to us and Samuel Jr was there in the 2nd. Then I started thinking, is this the best case scenario? Our DEs are good. DT needs depth but this seems like a really bad class for that position. LBers are ok. Smith and Walker as starters with decent backups behind them. Safeties looks promising with Johnson, Harrison, and Delpit.
There is obvious concerns with Farleys back but a potential shutdown corner in the end of the 1st is too good to pass up. Even if he isn't able to get on the field we have options with Williams and Samuel Jr in this scenario.
If you were wondering how my draft went, here you go.
26- CB Caleb Farley- arguably the best CB in the draft.
59-CB Asante Samuel Jr-one of the best zone CB in the draft.
89- T Walker Little- high ceiling guy. Was hoping for Christensen here.
91- DT Tyler Shelvin- run-stuffer to fill in for Billings.
110- DE Cam Sample- stumpy, versatile high-motor guy. Senior bowl standout.
132- OG David Moore- nasty interior lineman who showed he could handle the big boys at the senior bowl
169- CB/S Kary Vincent Jr- no clue why he's available here. I would have pulled the trigger on him in the 3rd if I didn't double dip already
211- WR Dez Fitzpatrick- homer pick. Really talented wr who was screwed over by poor QB play.
257- DE Wyatt Huebert- high motor guy that will be a nice to have on the practice squad.
-
Sheldon Richardson releasedJackson and Elliott should be able to fill his role and we save a good amount of money. We have Billings beside them so I think we are good with a late round runs stuffer to give him a break.
We are in a good position going into the draft. Maybe we need a #2 corner but I like Samuel alot and Farley might slide.
-
Jason Peters For Depth ?If they really are interested in peters than that's what I'm guessing their plan would be. Put the best 5 out there. I would rather have him in there as a guard then riding the pine. I thought he was an elite guard prospect anyways.
-
Jason Peters For Depth ?Peter's, Bitonio, Tretter, Wills, Conklin. That would be a ridiculous line. Also gives Wills a season to acclimate at a much less crucial position.
-
UDFA trackerWow that 2nd run in the 2nd video!!! Very shifty.
He has that Maurice Jones Drew build.
I thought the same thing. Maybe he can drop 10 or 15lbs to improve his top end speed.
-
DRAFT DAY 2020 ! ! !Ravens always take my guy bet its Gallimore
-
DRAFT DAY 2020 ! ! !Pretty sure were done for the night but who is the guy you would trade up for if they fell to the end of the 1st?
-
DRAFT DAY 2020 ! ! !To be fair, he did protect Tua's blindside, since Tua is a lefty.
But switching sides isn't automatic.
Exactly saving grace is we are expected to run a ton of 2 TE sets that should help him out.
-
DRAFT DAY 2020 ! ! !Meh a RT when we just signed a RT
-
DRAFT DAY 2020 ! ! !I know I said dont get cute but if there is a trade I'd take it and target josh jones
-
DRAFT DAY 2020 ! ! !So what's the move now? Only Becton and Jones have decent experience at LT. Do we gamble on a trade back?
-
DRAFT DAY 2020 ! ! !Told you he would be the first OT taken. Bummer
