M_Paige
Posts
-
Baltimore-Pittsburgh -
Shurmur Emerging as FrontrunnerHomotron said:
Well you'd be wrong but it's your opinion too which you're entitled. He's easily one of the best coaches in the league. He commands the sideline, the locker room and his players respond.Got to agree with you there. If he wasn't a good coach he could have ruined a great team even though he inherited it from Cowher. Moreover, he has added talent that continues to contribute. I know I know guys he's a Steelers troll but he's the fan of a winner that's all I'm saying.
-
HOW TO WIN BIG IN CLEVELAND NEXT YEAR -
Andrew Luck Returning to StanfordDumbest decision in the history of dumb decisions.
If he drops 10 spots for the 2012 draft, or worse, it will cost
him 10s of millions - he could finish his education whenever,
but with a guaranteed $55-65 mill in the bank. That is a horrendous
decision. I can't believe he would be that stupid. You never walk
away from a guaranteed $60 mill. because whatever happens after
that will be moot. Ask Locker if he should have stayed this year. Compare
a guaranteed $15 mill to $60 mill. and get back to me.
He's knocking on the door of graduation come this spring. I applaud him because contrary to popular opinion money isn't everything. Once he gets that diploma that's something that no one can take from him. As opposed to a NFL career that can be taken away in one play's time. Stupid? I beg to differ.
-
HOW TO WIN BIG IN CLEVELAND NEXT YEARWUTCHY said:
LOOK, THE ONLY WAY THE BROWNS CAN CONTEND, IS IF THEY HIRE DOM CAPERS AS HEAD COACH, AND TOM CABLE AS OFFENSIVE COORDINAOTR/ASSISSTANT HEAD COACH.THERE IS NO WAY THEY WIN ANYTHING, UNLESS THEY GO THIS ROUTE.
CAPERS IS A GREAT COACH THAT NEVER HAD A GUY LIKE TOM CABLE TO RUN HIS OFFENSE.
CAPERS AND CABLE COULD WIN IT ALL. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.
That's if Green Bay is willing to part with Capers. We'll see though
-
Why not hire Jim Tressell as Browns coachare you kidding? YSU is Youngstown State they are definitely not an FBS school, they are FCS which is a joke.
My mistake I thought I was talking about FCS when I said that. Did you bother to read the rest of the post or were you just saying this to be confrontational?
-
My thought on ColtWere some of you watching the same game I was yesterday? I saw a rookie qb that took a hellacious beating from one of the top defenses in the NFL (for two weeks straight) and kept on playing. I also saw a team around him that dropped two touchdown passes and tipped another into the hands of fore mentioned defense. I saw an offensive line and running backs that blocked like a pop warner team. I also saw a WR that was so suprised he caught the ball that he almost forgot to run after the catch. I saw only a few players that actually acted like they wanted to be there. One being the rookie quarterback known as Colt McCoy. There were times yesterday (as few as there were) that Colt threw the ball in tight space with a lot of zip. Wake up folks...8 games is hardly enough to say Colt McCoy is another draft bust. But of course...we pick up the pitchforks and torches yet again because we can't see that 20 out of 22 players didn't come to play. Then we wonder why the Steelers fans taunt us week in and week out.
-
Ok Lynching Mobbing Is Out Of Control PeopleAll in all ladies in gentleman. This will make for one interesting off season. If MH and company mirror the draft and get a few contributors in FA it will be fun to watch in 2011. Thank you all for intelligent and entertaining posts you all know who you are it was a breath of fresh air especially after the events of yesterday.
-
Cleveland Browns 2011 UFA's -
2011 COACHING AND FRONT OFFICE MOVEMENTWhen I apply for the United Negro college fund they have to interview a white person. Next stop Lambda Lambda Lambda.
LOL. NEEERRRDDDSSSS!!!!! LMAO!!!
-
With the 6th Pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns Select...I agree.....I don't have all the skinny on the prospects at this point, but i am not sure there is a RT candidate good enough to select that high.
I agree that addressing needs is important, but you do that in FA. In the draft, if you start reaching very much, especially when you aren't a very good team, you are going to hurt your long term chances.
Free agency is a good source for team improvement. I do believe there will be a number of talented players coming in the league this next season. I think it wise to address the line in the early rounds like we've done in recent years past. I think that the better our line is...the more productive our offense will be. You can have a blazing fast WR with great hands but if the QB doesn't have time to throw all that WR is doing is getting exercise doing wind sprints.
-
Ok Lynching Mobbing Is Out Of Control PeopleI was joking too lmao.
I really don't know who I want as coach Im sure the walrus will get us back on the right track though.
and WRREBEL totally did say that personality is what makes a great coach.

My bad man. It's hard to tell the difference between the lynch mob and the informed fans. I think personality for HC can help but no way the only thing that helps a coach put together a winner.
-
Ok Lynching Mobbing Is Out Of Control PeopleSo you think having a good personality makes you a great coach? Then lets hire Pat Sajak away from wheel of fortune to coach for us. He has been able to motivate Vanna to turn the letters all these years he should totally be able to motivate our players to score TD's and destroy the steelers

I hope you realize he was joking. Relax guy...take it easy. While we're on the subject though...who would you like to see as the next HC of the Browns.
-
With the 6th Pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns Select...I hope we get AJ Green...maybe Cincy will mess up their pick. If not, Jones please.
Where's a few OL for the right side of our offense? Colt's crucifixion yesterday is evident that we're not done on the O Line just yet.
-
Ok Lynching Mobbing Is Out Of Control PeopleI would say thanks for your good take on the game. Colt had a bad game for the reasons you mentioned. The Steelers threw every trick blitz package in the book at McCoy, and it worked. Joe Thomas totally whiffed on one of them. Send the house, cover the hot read, and McCoy was a sitting duck.
Sorry I'm not buying into the Gruden love. As to the defense, you need a few Pro Bowlers to make it work. We're not even close in that department. The D will suck as long as we don't have the talent to generate an effective pass rush from SOMEWHERE. Boy, didn't Ben look great sitting back there with all day to throw? I think he got TOUCHED maybe twice all game, and only got tackled when he decided to run. The Steelers have Moo-Moo and Harrison. Ravens have Lewis and Reed, Falcons Abraham. We have who? Fujita and Roth?
Oh, and I think the reason Mangini got canned was because he was TOO conservative on offense. You don't win in today's NFL by getting up by a touchdown, and then letting your defense win the game. Kicking that field goal was a "I don't have confidence in you guys."
I can't take much away from Gruden. I do think he's a good coach but is he the right one for the Browns is the question. I think he would bring verve to the team but that doesn't always translate to wins. I am interested in who's next in line. The 3-4 is a complicated defense that needs a lot of good moving parts for it to work properly. I don't think that we have the talent or depth to continue to run it. That being said the defense is on the right track (barring yesterday's performance.) I know I know guys...."he said our defense doesn't suck" I'm a heretic. Here's a fact friends...most of the 11 losses were by 7 points or less against a difficult schedule. They also held the Super Bowl Champs to less than 20 points as well as the Patriots. Now does that mean that the 3-4 shouldn't be scrapped...no. I think that the 4-3 is a less complex defense will allow our players to play to their strengths as opposed to play against their weaknesses. There needs to be talent added but the 4-3 is much more manageable when working with what you got.
-
Ok Lynching Mobbing Is Out Of Control PeopleGruden will uniite the fans!
Kind of like willaim wallace united the clans!
Thanks man. In the spirit of your Gruden chants. In what ways do you think Gruden is best for the Browns in the future. I'm not saying I agree or disagree I just want your take on what makes Gruden best for the job. I think he'd be a good choice just not sure if it's the best choice...know what I mean?
-
Ok Lynching Mobbing Is Out Of Control PeopleI also commend the steelers, they went after the browns with a champions vigor and never let up..
As for who our new coach will be he cannot possibly be any worse than mangini was, not even close...
My thinking is that no total rebuild is coming however our front 7 is a mess and needs rebuilt anyways and i see us likely converting back to a 4-3 during this process as capable players are far more readily available then for a big 3-4...
As far as out of control people i dunno 10 years of lousy hopeless football has a way of doing that...
Thanks man. I can understand the frustration I share it too but the off with their heads routine makes us look like clowns. That was my main point. I know the team hasn't played well and that in itself is embarrassing but we don't make it any better with some people acting like they act. It's refreshing to see some good input instead of some of the incoherent rambling that goes on. I don't think a switch to the 4-3 would hurt either. Works well for Atlanta. I see their games on a regular basis since I live in Savannah, Ga. I'm originally from Youngstown, Ohio.
-
Ok Lynching Mobbing Is Out Of Control PeopleAlright folks here's the deal. Colt McCoy was a ROOKIE quarterback in a division where great defense and running the football dominate. The teams that win...typically the Steelers and Ravens run the football and play stingy defense plain and simple. The years that the Steelers were pass happy they didn't have nearly the success they do when they play run first football. The Ravens have ALWAYSrelied on a running game it just so happens they have a better quarterback in Joe Flacco. Does that mean he can duplicate Big Ben's herorics? Probably not because there have been times Big Ben carried the Steelers to wins. I have yet to see Flacco put the Ravens on his shoulders and carry them for a quarter let alone a whole game.
The line play for the Browns yesterday was god awful as was the blocking of the backs. Colt McCoy could not throw the ball with any drive because he was being mugged by the Steelers defense. When he could throw the ball it was a stretch to find someone that could catch or hold on to the ball. Robert Royal dropped two TD passes on the same drive. One bouncing of his chest in between the numbers (yes I know he took a hit but still could have held on the ball...he's done it before.) and the other one right off his hands. Ben Watson though he played well....after tipping the ball to Polomalu was another instance. Some of these things that people are saying on here are narrow minded and they watch games with tunnel vision. That's what happens when you watch just one player...win or lose. There were times Colt threw the ball in tight spaces with a lot of zip. The fact is this team was more competitive than it has been in a number of years. Yes they repeated last years record but they are closing the competitive gap (yesterday excluded).
Most of you got what you wanted when they fired Mangini today. I for one want to see who replaces him produce more wins and then I'll make the call rather it was good way to go or not. Stop with the lynch mobs folks. All the Steelers fans that come on here laugh their asses off week in and week out by watching some of us pick up and put down the torches and pitchforks. To make it worse all we have to go on is the off the field conduct of their players. Why don't we try to give credit where credit is due on the field and if they want to talk cash shit...let them because until we stop getting our asses kicked on the field by them....they have every right to do so.
There is a lot of things that have to improve for this team to get better. One of them is the conduct of our fans. Instead of forming lynch mobs, on here get behind the team and stay there. If you don't want to, that's fine too. Root for someone else. It's just that simple. I was embarrassed yesterday by the performance of the team but I believe they can and will get better. I give the Steelers credit for their performance on the field it is what it is folks. Winning is winning. Now I know I'm going to get all kinds of rants and raves behind this but bring it on.
-
embarassing!!Homotron said:
It's definitely not McCoy's fault but it's the way a lot of this fan base operates. Throw anything and everything under the bus that can't beat the Steelers and put up a winnnig season. Nevermind the solid draft and beating some good teams. Burn it all to the ground. Clearly McCoy's fault his WR's can't get open.I guess actually catching and holding on to the ball is a stretch too. Nice to see you again man. Though we root for the opposite teams I do get a kick out of your posts.
-
Is this the real McCoy?No doubt.
My point is Colt has been to HS. Been to QB camps. Played at a top college program and has been prepped by advanced trainers in preparation for the NFL draft....not to mention a year in a pro training system.
If you think the guy has failed to do the things you mention and gotten to the point he is with a weak core and a lack of top quality training, then you or others have your heads buried in the sand.
The guys arm is about as good as it is going to get. Any improvements are going to me minimal.
John Elway didn't have a stronger arm than Bernie Kosar simply because he worked at it harder than Bernie did.
Personally I don't have a problem with where his arm strength is now. I'm just saying there are ways to improve it no matter how minimal the change is. Is it worth Colt going through all of that....probably not especially since I'll take accuracy over arm strength any day. Derek Anderception has mad arm strength but throws the ball six miles away from the nearest receiver and that's when he's not throwing it to the other team. It kills me watching some of you all week in and week out pick up and put down the torches and pitchforks. Most of the games Colt has played in were not lost because of him. Even this last loss isn't all on him. The Stooler trolls as they're constantly referred to as....ARE LAUGHING THEY'RE ASSES OFF...each week because some of us come on here and sound like clowns. Pick a side ladies and gentleman be a fan or don't.