I live in Savannah, GA so I get to see the Browns on average, about twice a year. I was really excited about 3 of the first 5 of their games being on national television. After all 3 I can’t help but be disappointed. Here’s what I’ve observed.
1. We run the ball far less than we should.
- Nick Chubb is extraordinary. Highly under utilized and it’s mainly why we’ve struggled offensively.
2. We press after big plays.
- The other team scores, there’s this inexplicable need to get it all back in one play. That mindset leads to injuries and even worse turnovers.
3. Our Offensive Line is God Awful at pass blocking.
- For the type of plays being called, Baker has no time to allow the routes to develop.
- Reminds me of when Mike Martz was running the Bears offense with Jay Cutler. Too many down the field plays with a line that can’t hold up for as long as needed.
4. We could use an actual fullback.
- The Niners demonstrated why that is last night. They help create seals for the running game, help in the pass game as a blocker and/or receiver. If you’re really lucky they can run the ball every now and then.
5. Baker should concentrate more on the game itself vs. what everyone else has to say.
- Cool it with all facets of the media
- Put in extra time on technique & film study
- Enough endorsements already, winning should always be the priority.
6. The defense found out what it’s like against a coach that knows how to hurt you. They’ll be fine but they were due for bad game.
7. Higgins needs to get back on the field fast.
These are what come to my mind the most. Would love for you guys to add what your observations are.