I don't post often but I do like to read my fellow Brownie fan's thoughts and this is my favorite forum. Regarding what we do with #2 is such a no brainer it's getting difficult to stomach the thought of trading this pick. Goff is so reminiscent of Matt Ryan it's eerie, he will have a great NFL career as a starter and there will be plenty of time to fill our holes and build the team around this kid. Wentz will probably go #1, but if he doesn't, we have a QB with one of the quickest releases to come out in years. A guy with so much poise and compact throwing motion and running ability it's like creating the perfect Madden QB. He just needs time to adjust for NFL speed. Yes we have holes at WR OT CB ILB OLB SS FS RB I get it, too many damn holes to fill in one year anyway. We can trade 32 for more picks. GET THE QB!!!!
NoCal Jack
Posts
-
Rams trade to number 1 -
2016 Draft Game .....First GoYour score is: 9286 (GRADE: A-)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 2: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 13 (OAK): Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame (A)
Round 3 Pick 2: Kentrell Brothers, ILB, Missouri (A)
Round 3 Pick 15 (N.O.): Carl Nassib, DE/OLB, Penn State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 3 (DAL): Joe Haeg, OT, North Dakota State (
Round 4 Pick 8 (CHI): Darian Thompson, FS, Boise State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 14 (N.O.): Roberto Aguayo, K, Florida State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 29 (CHI): Paul Perkins, RB, UCLA (A+)
Round 4 Pick 40 (COMP): Rashard Robinson, CB, LSU (A-)
Round 5 Pick 2: Charone Peake, WR, Clemson (A-)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): KJ Dillon, SS, West Virginia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 34 (COMP): Temarrick Hemingway, TE, South Carolina State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Jatavis Brown, OLB/SS, Akron (A+)
Round 7 Pick 2: Joe Thuney, OG, NC State (
-
Camp Wentz- Starts here.It was either Polian or Mayock that said during a Senior Bowl week broadcast that... and I am paraphrasing here:
"Based on the tape I thought Wentz had a big-time, Pro arm, but then I stood on the sideline and saw that he doesn't. It's a good arm, good enough for the NFL, but not as big as I thought based upon the tape. There are many QBs that succeed in the league with lesser arms. There are more important things than arm strength."
Outch... that hurts. If he had a great arm then right now I would favor him over Goff. Goff also has a good arm.
-
Camp Wentz- Starts here.More talented version of Andrew Luck?
-
What's our biggest need?On board with your first priority "IF" they convert Armonty to pull some strong side duty to spell Kruger. Otherwise I'd rather us take a tweener like Beasley or another guy in that 245-255 range that could play either the jack or will
I hope Beasley falls to us and we take him. Can you clarify your idea for Armonty...are you saying convert Armonty to ST-OLB to back Krugar? Or are you saying start at DE and follow strong-side? I don't recall if O'Connell did that often or if he's more a match-up guy.
-
What's our biggest need?how could you say CB is the second biggest need when we are stacked at that position?
Because I don't know who our starting CB is next to Haden. Gilbert with 25 tackles or Tramon Williams who is 32 (honestly don't know much about). Our undrafted guy shows some promise.
no DL on your list???????????????????????
DL was up there but it kept on sliding the more I thought about it. I remember a time when everyone thought this was a strenghth. It depends on the health of Taylor, and losing Houghs was iceing on the cake. I could move it up to 5 on my list, if we're really serious about running the ball to the RS over and over then let's get serious and add someone dominant.
Not saying I would draft in this order, We should draft anyone who is potential All-Pro calliber. Many say Shelton is that.
-
What's our biggest need?This would be my top 5 bc they're not so much a depth issue.
1. OLB weak-side
2. CB
3. WR
4. TE
5. RT/RG
-
Resign Sheard and pay TaylorI would say losing Phil Taylor did as much damage to us stopping the run as losing Mack did to the run game. I'm not a Dr. so I'm not sure how vulnerable that knee is and if the strength will be back enough to play to his potential, but he's 26 with a lot of heal time. I don't listen to my gut often but today he says he'll be fine, take a chance. As for Sheard, I have not read the Mingo thread and there's always the question of scheme-fit, but I thought he looked pretty good last yr. Versatile, above-average, good at a lot of things but not "great" at anything. But still, probably the best free-agent we have to lose.
-
Browns sign Josh McCown to 3 year contractNot opposed to this and actually kinda like it. Resigning Hoyer gets us no where in our pursuit to find the franchise QB. McCown gives us comfort that our veteran QB will mentor and gladly serve the backup role when we get our signal caller. Plus I think he's is more accurate than Hoyer.
Jack
-
Resign Sheard and pay TaylorHello All,
First time posting. I haven't heard any rumors of working a deal with Sheard so I'm assuming he's hitting free agency which will be a huge blow to us. Same old story, we lose our good players and draft high to replace them. We need to pick up the 5.5M option on Taylor and pay the guy becasue he makes our D better and we can afford it, he's a beast. Let Rubin go and I'm not opposed to drafting Shelton or Brown (no Armstead) to really beef up our DL. Secondary is a concern when Screen and hits the market. We need him back, I really don't want us to use another high draft pick on a cb this year. And pay Gipson. Gipson proved worthy 3.3M so place the 1st round tender and make a team give up their 1st for rights to sign him. Amazing all 4 of these guys were drafted 3 regimes ago so I may seem naive, but they all looked good when on the field last year and know our system. Can we still have some continuity at least on defense??
NoCal Jack