I am hearing more and more that the Lions are interested in this deal. I guess the embarrassment of a winless season wants them to get an established QB right away to compete for a few wins. The browns are seriously considering T with the first pick and they are hoping a MLB/DE will land to them with the first pick in the 2nd round. Since my buddy is from Det I guess I don't know anything about us trading back in the draft. It sounds like DET doesn't want to pay number one overall money to a QB and Clev is getting a more than generous trade based on value to move up and take there choice number 1 if they want it.
On a side note I am guessing B.Quinn has a pretty good stiffy right now knowing his jersey won't have to be washed after games this year.
You are exactly right about drafting All-Pros but that's not what we're discussing.The original post posited we'd trade DA and the fifth pick for the #1 pick and we'd swap 2nds with the Lions.
And then we'd draft Smith to play RIGHT tackle.
Now, let's consider that statement on its face. By selecting Smith #1, we'd be committing to $30+ mil for a RIGHT tackle. (Thomas got $26 mil or thereabouts at #3 so it'll be higher than that.)
Peen, are you and the newbie robbie REALLY saying that of ALL the ways to use our first pick, DA and our salary cap, a RIGHT TACKLE would be the BEST of them?
Really?
By the way, I am an elitist. I like things that are not dumb.