@calfoxwc said:
imhso,
Quinn was pulled because of Edwards' not getting open, bouncing passes off his hands like a hunk of hardwood,
and with the right side of the oline failing to do the job in pass protection,
it is better for a veteran player with a lot of experience to handle it as best he can.
They decided to go with quick hitting plays, and DA is the veteran qb on the team.
DA is Vinny Testeverde, he will always be what he is. Quinn hasn't become what he will be yet.
Not that that makes sense to everybody, but it's what I'm thinking.
at our booth at the farmer's market, a Steeler fan came up with his jacket and hat. I had my jacket and hat for the Browns,
so, as he bought some big bell peppers, I told him "just so you know, the Browns are going to beat the Steelers at least once this year."
He laughed and said it wouldn't surprise him....
flunkedthetesteverde always was the guy who just flipped out under pressure, and threw int's. It never stopped.
But he did have streaks of success here and there.
Calf,
Well stated and spot on! DA is a clone of Testeverde and we do not have enough info on Quinn yet. I just hope that he gets another shot in Cleveland with the ability to call his own plays because the play calling he had to deal with the first two and a half games was not what was needed to give him any chance to succeed.