Good luck against the Steelers,I`ll be pulling for you guys!!! 
oldfalcon
Posts
-
steelers are a better team, but not on this sunday! -
How do you stop a balanced offense like the Falcons?Its appropriate to end this thread with quotes from Fujita:
(On giving up 100 yards rushing and the play of the defense) - “The big part of it was that one long run. It was a long run, take that away, I don’t know how bad it was but those long runs count too. It was disappointing, but again, that is one of the better running games in (NFL) football. (They are) probably the most balanced offense overall in football. They’re tough to prepare for. Overall, I thought our guys played well, it’s just a couple of big plays. You add it all up and those big plays kill you.”
(On the losing another close game) - “It’s tough, I feel like we’re better than our record. We’re 1-4 and I feel like we’re better than that. But you are what your record says you are in this league. That’s the bottom line. So we’ll come back. We’ve got some divisional play coming up here and that’s where we’ve got to turn things around.”
(On the progress of Atlanta QB Matt Ryan) - “It’s tough to even say progress because he (QB Matt Ryan) was good from Jump Street. He came out as a rookie and was pretty efficient early on in his career. Someone was asking me the other day how I thought about him as a young quarterback. I don’t even consider him a young quarterback. This is a guy who is seasoned already and played well from the beginning.
Right on Scott!!.. this is an intelligent man,ya`ll!!!
-
Hello ..Saints fan here -
Falcons Infothat just simply isnt true
i can think of a lot of fullbacks that are just as good and better
leron mcclain
mike sellars
leonard weaver
as far as purely blocking fullbacks go:
lawrence vickers
mike karney
naufahu tahi
even peyton hillis is considered a fullback although this season he has been playing almost primarily running back
a few others like earnest graham and heath evans from the south would like to argue with your assessment
Well to fans that don`t like the Falcons NOBODY on the team is good...lol..it`s all cool though,can`t wait to get the Saints in Atlanta

-
How do you stop a balanced offense like the Falcons? -
How do you stop a balanced offense like the Falcons?WE? Who the eff are WE, Canton Mike? Which NFL team gives you a paycheck? I thought you were a Browns fan? If by "we" you mean the Saints, I would say, yes, in their playoff run the Saints be P. Manning, Favre, and Warner, a pretty good trifecta.
Strato said the Falcons had never been in a Superbowl.He said the Saints,Bucs and Panthers had been and we are a disgrace to the NFC South.The Saints and Bucs won their`s ,the Falcons and Panthers lost theirs.I wasn`t trying to play off on "who" played QB..lol
-
How do you stop a balanced offense like the Falcons?lets see Saints ...Bucs and Panthers...what do we have in common?...lol..oh Superbowl....lol...Yall need to get there oneday you make our division look bad..LMAO
You make Pro Football fans look bad..The Falcons were in the Superbowl in 1998..to bad we had to face Elway in his last year..do some NFL Football research while you get your foot out of yer mouth there,skippy...LMAO -
Hello ..Saints fan hereThe only thing teams have to do against the 'aints to be in a position to win is run the ball. The 09 defense was successful because of TOs. As I posted on your MBs (saints report) which was then echoed by Jimmy Johnson and Howie Long, the top defenses year in and year out are built on manning up and stopping plays consistently. Without the TOs, your defense is barely even average. Your run defense is horrible.
Your team had a great 09, and props for it, but this isn't 09. All the noise in the world isn't going to change the fact that your team had a nearly perfect combination of performance and luck to make it to the SB title. For instance, one fewer bone-headed passes by Favre and you're watching the SB on tv. Bottom line is, with a struggling offense not carrying the D and a defense that isn't getting all the bounces, your team looks very, very average.
That`s the truth there Thanatos!..you owned that Ain`t fan with that post pard;-)
-
Hello ..Saints fan hereWe're getting back there my friend, Payton didn't make it in a season. Unlike you, I can recognize the fine program he has built. But you seem to forget the crap teams before Payton. Remember when your own fans wore bags on their heads?
Hold that trophy high, you deserved it...last season. Stop by and see me at Paytons Dome and I'll buy you a beer.
They are riding a high from last year.We just showed the rest of the league how to beat them.We beat them 62-7 on opening day in 1971 and that goes down as one of the worst opening day losses any team has ever had...lol..
-
How do you stop a balanced offense like the Falcons? -
To All Falcons FansI dig the Browns and there city also,very blue-collar beer drinking partying bunch..that I can relate too

To ya`ll~
-
How do you stop a balanced offense like the Falcons?Yeah, my apologies, I kind of jumped the gun by saying other posters.
I just don't like when opposing fans come here and proceed to tell us how their team is going to own us on Sunday and that we suck.
Man you guys are cool to what we have endured with the Saints,Panthers and Bucs.Especially the mighty Saints..lol..We beating them in NO was so sweet.I`m sure you guys hate your divison rivals equally and catch the same sh1t from them..lol
-
To All Falcons FansHaha! I love you Browns fans. I really do. I think you are some of the classiest arguers I've seen. None of this "Get the *bleep* off our boards" crap. Great sportsmanship. I'm not going to argue statistics or any of that stuff. I don't think there is a football fan in existence that is psychic enough to really accurately predict a game right?
If you don't mind I'll give some of my opinions though. Take them with a grain of salt if you like.
I think you might have an improving team. I hate to say "might" but its true. Peyton Hillis is a VERY pleasant surprise and probably your savior thus far. I really like him as a player. I hope he keeps up the damage he is doing to other teams. (Except this week!) Your QB situation is not good. Jake Delhomme is not the guy. He couldn't get it done with Steve Smith as his #1 receiver last year and now he is old and injured. Seneca Wallace...ehhh. Reaching for Brady Quinn was unfortunate. I really hoped he would turn out to be your future guy. I guess you guys know all of this stuff. Still the most important thing is you are really playing teams hard and I think you are better than your record for sure.Grats on the Bengals victory. I'm sure that always feels great lol. I think this week will be a fight. And I definitely am NOT making any predictions.
One last question though. How do Browns fans feel about Mangini generally? I'm just curious. Would you replace him if you could or do you think he just needs time?
Quick edit: Matt Ryan is pretty damn good against the blitz.

I dig the Browns and there city also,very blue-collar beer drinking partying bunch..that I can relate too

-
To All Falcons FansBEATDOWN You have lost your Mind thats what all the Southern Heat does to you LOL We are going to Blitz the shit out of your offense you will abonden the Run game you do have Unless we Injure Both your soft RB Hillis alone will wear down that Dirtsouth stinking Bird defense BEAT THIS DOWN .......
Drunks and small kids need to be overlooked..lol
-
How do you stop a balanced offense like the Falcons?Your fans have posted at least 3 or 4 topics on this board boasting on how we won't stop you. You seem very confident yourself.
We aren't the same old Browns guys.

I haven`t posted anything of the sort.If anything speaking for myself the way SF played us and NO,PITT we are very beatable as is any team in the NFL.The OP shouldn`t have been so boastful...lol.That will bite you in the butt in the NFL.I am very scared for this game and know we are facing a good Browns team.
-
How do you stop a balanced offense like the Falcons?We have a physical team that will be playing a dome team outside in October. We should be favored by 3 points in this one. I have lived in Cleveland my whole life and I know what it's like to land at Hopkins under a cold grey sky. The Falcons are not going to want to play and we're gonna beat em up enough to squeak out a 6 to 10 point win this week,
Like I have always said. You cannot game plan against getting the sh*t kicked outta ya.
I disagree about your opinion about the Falcons not being physical.I would consider us one of the most physical teams in the NFC.Case in point we took the Steelers to OT on opening day in Pittsburg in what was a very physical Football game.And we beat the Jets in New York in December last year,the last game they lost until the AFCCG.Not saying the Browns aren`t a physical team,just that we are also.
-
How do you stop a balanced offense like the Falcons?Looked to me that Ryan didn't handle pressure very well and threw some ill-advised passes in panic. I seriously think that Joe Haden is primed for some picks here. The kid has been closing on the ball so well, and has been thinking tackle first while deflecting the pass coming into his man, but soon he will gain enough confidence to step in front and pick one of these babies off. The Browns have been stopping the run well, the only real weakness being Eric Wright. I hope that the masking Wright near the end of the game is good things still to come and to start with Sunday. Lerner should pay Wards fine and tell him to go rack up a few more by taking anyone's head off that comes over the middle.
I'm not worried defensively, as we've done real well there. I'm worried about our lack of receivers after Hillis pounds the shit out of the Falcons through the ground game. Stuckey & Cribbs should be our #1 & #2 ... not prototypical, but they're our best, after feeding the TE's and using Vickers, Hillis and Harrison out of the backfield.
Just keep playing physical ... and replace Wright.
Do the Browns run screen passes much?We have been very suspect to the screens to TE`s and RB`s and i hope Smith and Van Gorder are working on that:)
-
How do you stop a balanced offense like the Falcons?For some reason, Ryan did not check into the game until the 4th quarter. Remember, this is the Falcons who ran off a 19-play drive against the saints.
He had a terrible game..lol If Roddy hadn`t of punched that ball out we would be looking at 2-2.I really think that the Falcons and the Saints were emotionally and physically drained from the OT game in NO and it showed with their perfomances on the field and scoreboard..lol
-
Cleveland UniformsI think you guys have cool uniforms.I dig the helumts!!..I am so glad to see more "parity" in the NFL.I am glad to see teams like the Falcons and Browns having better teams.I am so sick of the Patriots,Colts,Steelers and Cowboys I could puke..lol.The Saints had their day in the Sun,but I am sick of hearing all the media love for them.When we beat them in New Orleans a couple of weeks ago,that to me was the biggest win for the Falcons in 2 years..lol
-
Falcon Fan here!I have always like the Browns and I know some of you guys don`t want to hear this,but that game you had against the Broncos in the 80`s where Elway drove the length of the field to win is one of the best games I have ever seen.Ernest Byner was the scapegoat,but he had a helluva` game and I always liked him.He played College ball at East Carolina University in Greenville,NC and that is where I am from.
