Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
onefellswoop7O

onefellswoop7

@onefellswoop7
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
195
Topics
7
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0
Status updates

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Shep
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    A whole post whining about a member?

    Games JUST officially started LAST NIGHT. HOORAY!


  • Did We Just Lose Suh?
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    "Aaron Curry is the only sure thing in the draft...WE MUST SECURE HIM...yada yada"

    Sound familiar? He sure hasn't propelled his team to the promised land.

    While I think Suh is a great talent...you still never know. Let the cards fall and roll with the punches. Winning a few more games to end this season would be worth missing out of Suh. The team is making strides and one player isn't going to save this team. I'm all for Suh or Berry but there are other options like McCoy and so on...Good teams draft late and continue to build their team. We have to pull the trigger on some talent no matter what slot we draft.


  • QB Discussion (pre Oct 11th game)
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    @jadbf said:

    That's ok. I could care less how my grammer is on here...

    That's what they all say when they say the wrong thing.... 🙂

    (add "for all intensive purposes...")

    Anyway, Quinn didn't get his "fair" shot to prove what he could or couldn't do. Too bad...I was pulling for him. This league isn't fair. It's business. Life is all about what you can do for me NOW. Best of luck to him!


  • Hey MoMass!!!
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    @choco said:

    wasn't the knock on MoMass that he dropped the big catches?

    People around here brought that up around draft time. However, I don't recall reading anything like that for myself.


  • Chansi Stuckey
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    Yes, he did. However 150 of his 300+ yards went to BE. haha.

    That game was awesome!


  • Hey MoMass!!!
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    I know Anderson doesn't have the greatest accuracy...however, he seemed to find MoMass right where the ball needed to be. His routes looked pretty crisp to me. Timing is everything in the NFL. Edwards used to drive me nuts with his erratic route running. In turn, he often had to work hard for the catch. (again I wont place blame on only the WR...just saying).

    I'm looking forward to seeing him and Robo progress and young WRs


  • Chansi Stuckey
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    @mopaji said:

    This is true he can't stretch the field constantly but we already have that guy in Mo Mass. I think that's what he was brought in to do. What Stucky does do is CATCH. He's the prototypical #2 WR. I love this move. also.

    I think he is more of a slot guy. Sure he plays the #2 in NY (and kind of the #3 at times). Stuckey wasn't able to stretch the field like NY needed because they had to rely on him to do so...their #1 Cotchery couldn't. Our new #1 (assuming) Mo Mass CAN do that. So it's actually a better fit for Stuckey in Cleveland. Cotchery is great but not that kind of WR. He'll benefit from BE stretching the field too.

    Good move for both teams in terms of using WR as strengths in their system. Getting picks on top of that makes it nice too. It'll be interesting to see how we use/line up our WR core now...


  • Hey MoMass!!!
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    If that is true then it speak volumes. Anderson greatly benefits from a deep threat. However, there must be off the field and in the huddle situations not meshing. DA has worked hard to be the starting QB (as did Quinn)...BE was given the #1 and you didn't quite see the effort on or off the field to equate to such a prestigous job. Anderson throws to a wide open Edwards who drops it. Then having that same guy saying HE wants the ball in the huddle...can't sit well. If it wasn't for his one monster year out of five...talent is good...using it is better.


  • Hey MoMass!!!
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    While MoMass definately reaped the benefits of having a BE type reciever across from him...lets not sleep on him going forward. When you're a high 2nd rounder you're expected to produce. I guess I wasn't surprised to see him rack up some yards last game. He was picked because he is 6'2 and extremely athletic (tons of upside). He has good hands and as he gets used to the speeed of the NFL game he should continue to progress.

    I said it earlier. He caught a few balls with Leon Hall on his back and a safety over the top as well. Just check out his reel on NFL.com

    We're sticking to the plan. Edwards was only here for the year and MoMass/Robiskie were brought in to compete and make his departure welcomed...it just came a bit sooner than we as fans expected.


  • Braylon Edwards Traded to the Jets
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    He had a great and Monster year in 07. Other than that he has been a headache of drops and poor routes. You always wanted to like him because he made those crazy ctaches...then he drops the sure bet off his hands or chest (while wide open).

    Stuckey will fit in nicely in our WR core. He isn't a stud but we're looking to develope MoMass and Robo so Stuckey and Furrey come in with solid hands and decent speed. The big test is how MoMass handles being the #1.

    I wonder who gets cut to make room for our new ST ace?

    Anyway, I'm definately OK with this trade. We saw a glimpse of a team fighting hard last game (as a team!). That's how management wants to run things...so lets see it. Getting a 3rd and 5th plus players is not too shabby for a guy who planned to walk at seasons end and has really only produced once season...though he had a monster year that year.


  • Braylon Edwards Traded to the Jets
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    Stuckey is a Brown (the jets WR2)! If we can get a core ST and some decent picks on top...I'm happy.

    per rotoworld.com


  • Hey MoMass!!!
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    @legacy-fan said:

    Let's see how many balls you catch in triple coverage.

    Signed,

    Braylon Edwards

    (Our coach is horrible.)

    He caught a few in tough double coverage. I sure hope he is up for the challange. Leon Hall couldn't have played him any tighter and he gained 148 yards...

    (side note: BE was NEVER triple teamed lol)

    I'm dying to know what the draft picks are...BE would have walked at the season's end anyway. With a season all but over we miught as well build on what we have and get rid of a bad egg.


  • Anderson to start against the Bengals
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    Sucks that Quinn struggled so badly. I loved his work ethic. But, if you can't hack it here...best of luck elsewhere. This is where QBs come to die.

    I'm with the decision to start DA. But, we need to stick to it until seasons end. He won't win us many games but we can't just shuffle QBs. I know he played poorly in is 3 INT half of a game. But, he came in having to air it out and not having played in a few weeks. He actually had decent touch of his short passes for a change. He'll continue to throw multiple pick games a few deep grabs will finally open up our running game. That will hopefully help get some points on the board and make our losses less embarrassing.


  • THURSDAY Morning News Roundup
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    I try to root for both QBs so the better can lead this team...but having Lums around makes me WANT Quinn to win and DA to be shipped elsewhere (no offense to DA!)

    It's sad...


  • Players with Twitter?
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    I found Don Carey on Twitter. It's kind of cool to read his thoughts as he becomes a Cleveland Brown.

    You guys know another other players who do this? (Browns mainly)

    Don Carey's Page


  • Browns LB won money off Mangini at Minicamp
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    David Veikune-LB-Browns May. 2 - 6:19 pm et

    Hawaii DE David Veikune won money off Eric Mangini at Cleveland's rookie minicamp Friday by diagramming "acomplicated blitz formation in front of the entire team."

    Veikune knew every player's assignment on the play. We pass along the small story to point out Veikune's football intelligence. He reportedly is moving like a natural linebacker rather an a conversion end, and could contend for a starting job at OLB right away.

    Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

    Link

    This REALLY says something about this kid! He is going to prove his 2nd round spot...


  • Braylon Edwards
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    One of the things I like about this guy is he's been underrated since coming out of High school. He was only a 2 star recruit coming to OSU and didn't get much attention from many major colleges. I think Miami of Florida and Standford may have been the only big school offers he recieved. I know Michigan, ND and USC said "Thanks, but no thanks".

    I expect him to continue to surprise at the next level. I think he's got Chris Carter wriiten all over him. Same height, weight and speed (Or lack of it). I could see him being a big go to guy in the red zone just as Carter was.

    Strange how a guy that solid can be that under the radar. But, it happened.

    His speed is deceiving to me. No, he isn't extremely fast. But he runs such clean/smooth routes. He gets separation because he is so fluid and it catches DBs off guard a bit. From what I've seen at least...


  • Browns add 14 Undrafted Free Agents
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    It's obvious that the FO sees the need for help in the defensive backfield. Between the draft and signing undrafted FA's they are bringing in 8 new DB's. The odds alone say they find at least one gem out of that group.

    I'd bet that one of the reasons the FO didn't go after a corner this year with an early pick is next year's draft is loaded with day 1 Corners. They can get a good one in round two or early on day 2.

    this year's draft was not deep for corners or safeties.

    Yea, the are obviously playing the percentages here haha. The more you try the better chance at finding a decent guy. I'm still a fan or Wright and Bmac. Going into their third season and with better help around them I hope to see an extra step from them. The depth behind them is frightening!

    Every time I watch teams like Balt and a new DB steps in and makes a play I think to myself, "where did this guy come from? He is young (maybe undrafted) and he is in there with the confidence of his team." I would love to see that on our end once in a while.


  • Braylon Edwards
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    mz. said:

    I'm not saying Braylon doesn't get pissed/bitchy/diva-esque over not getting the ball, it's the Michigan-OSU crap that I scoff at.

    I agree. I think the OSU-Mich "rivalry" in the NFL is a joke. College is over, you grow up, you're a pro now. Being a pro is MUCH bigger than playing college ball. I've got no ties to either school and don't care about the rivalry. I sometimes get annoyed by OSU homerism. However, I see Robiskie as a guy who performed well and slightly under the radar for what he did at the college level. I'm excited to see him play.

    I just can't see BE, as diva as he is, getting angry because a FORMER OSU WR is lining up next to him. If he does get caught up in that "rivalry" then good. Step it up nancy...catch the ball!


  • Browns add 14 Undrafted Free Agents
    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7
    The Browns Board

    Link?

    This is an interesting post. As we're all now looking for depth/projects and diamonds in the rough as the good teams Pitt, Balt, NY, NE, ind, etc seem to bring in year after year.

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate