The Browns have been a "field goal" team for quite a while. They get near the red zone then end up settling for the field goal. I'm sick of it. It is time to seriously address the offense. #1 Barkley RB (Penn State).
pappanorm
Posts
-
Barkley at #1? -
Barkley at #1?Barkley is more "tried and true" than any of the QB's in the draft. I would go with this exceptional back and watch him & Duke Johnson catch short passes out of the backfield... There will still be at least 3 quality developmental QB's at #4.
-
Barkley at #1?#1 Barkley. ... Then ... Trade our #4 to Buffalo for #12 & #22 and select QB's Lamar Jackson & Mason Rudolph to be our #2 & #3 QB's. But I did see that the Browns signed Kevin Hogan today.
-
With the 1st pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns selectI'd like Garrapalo (N.England QB) and Williams WR (Clemson) in a swap for my 1st & 12Th picks.
-
Jim Brown feeling bitter toward's organizationI wonder if Randy Lerner was aware of Mike Holgren's intensions to reduce Jim Browns' role with the team BEFORE the meeting with Jim Brown. I understand the whole bit about new management wanting to make changes and all that. It seems to me that the job that was created for Jim Brown, when it was created,was pretty much like a handshake agreement that he had with Randy Lerner. I think if there were going to be any changes made to the working agreement that Brown had with Lerner, that it was Lerner that should have made them. Brown was not part of any front office re-shuffle with regard to football operations, he was more of a "personal services" type of employee and by all of the accounts that I have read in the paper and on the radio I believe that the way Brown was treated was "awkward". I know that Randy was relieved to be able to get Mike Holgren to run the football operation but I really think he should have been more involved if there were going to be any changes made with regard to Jim Browns status, role, function or whatever you want to call it. Reggie Ruckers article highlighted the good that Jim Brown did as an ambassador for the Cleveland Browns and our city and mentioned all of the other charitable contributions and work he did with youth within and for our city. Those intangibles should have been acknowledged by someone somehow. The greatest player in Browns history, looking to make a difference and wanting to be a part of, now not wanting to be a part of this team's great heritage.
-
QBWhy isn't this guy getting a legitimate chance to show his abilities? The Packers cut him today. He looks better than McCoy. I would pick him up if I were the Browns. Does anybody know Bernie's E-Mail address. I would really like to ask him what he thinks.
It must be hard for any rookie QB to make any kind of an impression when there really isn't anybody good to throw the ball to. The running game is below average as well. I guess you can only do so much at a time unless you get really lucky in the draft. I happen to think our draft sucked big time. Never liked the Hardesty mortgage even back when they did it. It's like the Browns were the only ones clamoring over the guy. So now they like McCoy. I like Harrell to duke it out for the #2 spot. The Pack is going to try to sign him to the practice squad. They like him. He was "trimmed".