I was thinking of Hughes as a back-up for Rubin, and Grossi seems to agree:
professor_g
Posts
-
Phil Taylor Torn Pec -
Phil Taylor Torn PecAll over twitter. Mary Kay says agent has confirmed.
This sucks so bad.
-
Hillis To Kansas CityAccording to NFL Network and many things on Twitter.
KC gets more and more interesting. Thanks for one great season Hillis!
-
Daboll Hired By ChiefsNow with Crennel and Daboll in KC, I'm actually interested in how things go there. I'm probably one of the few in these parts who is still a fan of these guys.
-
Rg3 On Mike And MikeI heard the interview as well and had the same reaction. I just hope they don't give up extra picks to get him. Already enough risk using the #4 pick on him.
-
Grossi Let Go Over Tweet Regarding Randy LernerWhat is stupid about this is that the tweet was a pm and was only made public inadvertently. How can you fire a guy for an honest mistake for which he apologized publicly? Especially when it was such a minor offense to begin with!
I write for a living, and I think Grossi is an above average writer. I didn't agree with his opinion very often, but that's what I enjoyed about reading his stuff. I want a different view that challenges my perspective. Why should it bother me that I don't agree with him most of the time?
-
Colts Days As A Starter Should Be Over.With the 4th pick overall you have to think the Browns will address QB straightaway.
-
Steelers At BrownsThat final game last year was truly sad. Even Mangini fans like myself had to admit that you can't lose like that and keep your job.
-
How Can We Improve Run-D?Definitely DE opposite Sheard and LB help along with a good safety that can allow Ward to help more in run support. We get consistently get beat around the edge on runs, and all those positions need an upgrade.
Thanks jrb. That's along the lines I was thinking. Hopefully they'll take care of that this off-season and just add some depth on D. We're a couple injuries from being a bottom-tier defense, even with our current rank at 10 overall.
-
How Can We Improve Run-D?We seem pretty stout up the middle. So which positions need an upgrade through FA or draft to repair the holes in our run defense?
-
Greg Little Wr A Beast That Can Yac! -
You Gotta Take Peterson at 6 If He Is ThereListen the fact that we drafted haden last year and he appears to be a solid pick means we won't draft another corner with a top 10 pick.
I'm not following your argument. Defensive backfield is still at the top of list of current needs. If Peterson is the best on the board-- and if he's still there he probably is-- take him. Not for his return abilities but because he's a shut-down corner, something that's not easy to get in later rounds.
You might argue that the need for a DE is greater, but you have to weigh that point against further points like who is the best player on the board and can we address DE in later rounds or through free agency. I would be extremely happy with the selection of Peterson, provided that there was some credible plan in place to bolster the line.
-
Jeff Fisher out as Titans coachAren't the Titans expected to promote from within? I'd love to see Mangini there, but I don't see it happening.
Grossi recently wrote that he thought Fisher was one of the most overrated coaches in the NFL. I'm in no position to disagree.
-
Mike Tomlin might be on a short leashAre the Steelers more loaded with talent (compared to competitors) now or is the team better coached now? It didn't take long for Tomlin to surpass Cowher in Super Bowl appearances. (Am I right in thinking that Cowher had just one SB appearance? I know he won just one.)
-
Bill Musgrave set to interviewThe last thing Holmgren wants is another Belichick disciple. McDaniels makes no sense to me, but maybe I'm missing something.
-
Bill Musgrave set to interviewmikeyP72 said:
I think it'll be Wannstedt and Jim Zorn, but who knows at this point... "whoever we can get"Zorn and Cromwell are not candidates according to a tweet from Mary Kay 3 hours ago.
-
2011 COACHING AND FRONT OFFICE MOVEMENT -
Browns Fire Eric Mangini -
Browns Fire Eric Manginievidence?
-
Harbaugh praises Mangini and BrownsIn spite of my extreme dislike of the Ravens, I cannot help but like Harbaugh. He just seems like a class act. If it doesn't work out with Mangini, I'd like to see Harbaugh's brother here. Though, I suppose that's an unlikely fit.