I don't know, nickers. If we cut everyone that looked like shit last night, the only 2 players left on offense would be Shaw and Tate.
Doesn't sound like a very good plan.
I don't know, nickers. If we cut everyone that looked like shit last night, the only 2 players left on offense would be Shaw and Tate.
Doesn't sound like a very good plan.
What about the most obvious positive? JM looked so bad last night that we probably won't have as many fanbois on here trying to type messages while performing fellatio on their hero at the same time.
Will certainly cut down on the misspellings and bad grammer in the future.
I say make the Muskrat the number 1 QB right now. I wouldn't have said that if Hoyer looked at least a little competent the last 2 games. He's been awful. We'll go 0-3 with Hoyer back there, and Johnny STILL won't be getting first team reps.
Can we admit this season looks like a wash anyways?? Anyone predicting playoffs here?
The only bad thing that can happen is Johnny gets overwhelmed, loses all confidence, and goes and hides in his turtle shell.
Well....then man-up, buttercup. The NFL is incredibly hard. This was why people were kind of hoping he wouldn't fly away to another town to party every weekend, and actually take this job seriously.
Peyton Manning....Troy Aikman.....absolutely awful first years. They didn't pack it up and quit. They both ended up being pretty damn good.
He is smart enough to say the right things to the media, but dumb enough to keep making those mistakes... In the end it doesn't matter b.c he is still doing stupid things.
Agreed.
@douche-nozzle said:
The best part is that Johnny Fuckup's reaction will bring on the sideline abuse ten fold
Yeah, it's on now. That wasn't very smart on his part.
he hasn't even made the money sign once and thats because he knows and he's scared
Good observation. I hadn't thought of it like that. I was WONDERING after the touchdown...."hey....where's the money sign?"
Just another empty promise from the Muskrat. My favorite quote from him before the draft was how he was going to put football first in his life.
Well at least JM handles the media better than Leaf did. He's pretty rock solid with the cliche answers. His MO is pretty much:
"I need to do better."
"Coach and I have sat down and talked about it, and we've moved on."
At least he has that part of the job done pretty well.
they'll all disappear if he can't beat out hoyer during the regular season barring injury.
if he sucks as bad as they think hoyer is, do you think they'll stick with him for another year?
Didn't follow Tim Tebow around the message boards mik? It was never his fault. The Tebowites never admitted he just wasnt good enough to play at this level. IF the Muskrat can't hack it and show development, they will say the same about him until their dying breaths. College Fan Bois for some reason or another can't grasp the fact that sometimes great college play doesn't translate in the pros, even when 20 different talking heads will all say it before he gets drafted. It will be futile to explain this to anyone from Texas at this point.
With what we saw from Shaw, I say we let him start getting some first team reps this week. I would even add Grossman to the mix (dont want him to feel left out!). Fuck....we might as well get some 'Invincible' action going on and hold some try outs in the Cleveland area, whoever wins gets added to the mix.
Then we'll have 5 QBs competing. Each QB gets 30 mins with the 1s each day, and then the fans can vote one QB off the island each week.
On a serious note, I would just start Manziel. It just makes the most sense at this point. I don't like saying that. I don't like JM. I think he looks more like a Muskrat than a professional QB, but I digress. Hoyer had a PERFECT opportunity to solidify the starting job, and he's done absolutley nothing with it. If the competition is going to be this close, then you give the tiebreaker to the rookie you just spent a 1st round pick on.
If Manziel crashes and burns, our record should be bad enough to get a very high pick next year. Don't trade down, and just take the best QB left.