Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
R

Realplayer

@Realplayer
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
55
Topics
0
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Antonio Brown
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    @texasag1969 said:

    Hollywood Brown? What more perfect name could you want for the Browns. Who gives a damn whether he can play.

    Him and Callaway on the outside, Landry in the slot and Njoku at TE, lots of speed on the field. Good defenses won't be able stack the box against Chubb like they did this past season.


  • GREG WILLIAMS OUT
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    I like GW but not as the guy I think could bring a title to CLE. I think his success is a product of the players having a chip on the shoulder from the past 2 seasons and Hue being gone. I don't think he can motivate these guys the same next season when all their opponents next season will take them seriously. His HC record is suspect. I hate him blitzing so much and that timeout he called at the end of the DEN game really raised some red flags. Talent can only carry you so far. I'm hoping Kitchens can be that guy. Young, fresh, innovative. Gregg seems stuck in his ways.


  • KITCHENS NEW HEAD COACH
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    I was shocked he got the job. I thought for sure McCarthy would get the job. I wonder if it was Dorsey or Haslem who forced HC candidates to commit to Kitchens as OC. Sounds like a Haslem thing.


  • Antonio Brown
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    @domcucch1994 said:

    Despite the media criticism of AB, Jarvis Landry has openly recruited AB to come over to Brown town.

    Would you guys like to see AB in a Browns uni, or do we keep what we have and maybe add another young WR in the draft?

    If you do think so, would you trade a 1st rounder to the Squealers for him?

    I think he would immediately make our offense one of the best in the NFL..

    Him and Jarvis as the X, Calloway in the slot.

    But then that leaves Perriman and Higgins on the fence..

    I can't see Steelers trading within the division or AFC. Brown is older than Julio. Not a fan of bringing in WRs in their 30s. They're better off drafting his cousin Hollywood Brown who played with Baker at Oklahoma. 


  • Freddie's Staff searches
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    @tiamat63 said:

    whole heartedly endorse this.  Guy is an asshole but coaches the hell out of defense, uses concepts similar to Williams and might be one of the more creative DC's in getting exotic with 4 man pressures.

    Can't see Schwartz making a lateral move.


  • Freddie's Staff searches
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    @canton-mike said:

    One name that popped into my head is Carson Palmer. He just retired in early 2018, knows Freddie well (in fact, was instrumental in getting Freddie his life saving medical help), & could be a tremendous assistant on the offensive side of the ball IF he would be interested. Just a thought.

    What names can you folks think of, particularly on D.

    Mike

    I'd prefer some experienced guys since he's a 1st time HC. I know he coached under Whisenhunt in ARZ who had Russ Grimm who could be his OL/AHC and Teryl Austin was also on staff too. Tom Moore also coached with Kitchens in ARZ. 


  • Cleaning House
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    @darren15 said:

    Josh Cribbs gone .... Joe Thomas O line coach ?

    I wonder could they get an OL coach from INDY. They did great this year. 


  • Cleaning House
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    @nickers said:

    Rumored to be gone(Anus Jones) to Tampa with BA...

    Good! ST was a weakness this year.


  • Potential Interior DL thread
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    I think Dre' Mont Jones would be a great pick. Dorsey doesn't seem to mind bringing in buckeyes. He looked good with Bosa. Garrett, Jones, Ojunobi and Ogbah would be nasty!


  • Top 50 FA's
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    @louisville-slugger said:

    C.J. Mosely is the only one on that list that I would be confident to give a huge a contract. 

    I would look at cheaper options this year because the free agent class is pretty weak and they will still command top dollar. Muhammed Wilerson signed a cheap deal with packers last year and got hurt early. I would see of we can get him for a similar deal. He is immensely talented but needs a fire lit under him.

    I would also offer up a 6th or 7th for Robert Nkimdeche(if hes not out right cut). He has Suh level talent but is a bit of a head case. If he doesn't pan out no big deal we cut him.

    Honestly I would focus on bringing back the guys that contributed this year. They should be cheaper and we know what they can do. Perriman, BBC, Robinson, Higgins, and Charles combined would cost less than most of those over rated guys

    I'd wait to see how this class looks after cap casulties. All these new HCs coming in also want to shake up their rosters. I got my eye on Tampa. Desean is likely out. If they hire Arians, JPP and McCoy won't fit in 3-4 D Arians likes to run. 


  • We Need To Keep Lamar Jackson In The Pocket
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    @nickers said:

    Message to 3G.. Please put a spy on Black Tebow.. I want someone shadowing that Fraud of QB at all times... I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THAT LITTLE MAGGOT RUNNING ALL OVER OUR DEFENSE. Get it DONE Cleveland!!

    Lamar is fast enough to outrun the spy. They just need to rush 4 maybe 5 and bust Lamar in the mouth consistently. He isn't built to take a lot of hits and his accuracy isn't that great.


  • who would be your choice?
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    @lbc-mike said:

    I am expecting a new crew next year coaching.

    Same. Can't see Dorsey passing on hiring his own guy (McCarthy). I'm curious to see if he takes the job since it's likely the Jets will have opening at HC.


  • who would be your choice?
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    @beare said:

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-face-tough-coaching-decision-freddie-kitchens-gregg-williams-154906516.html

    if it came down to williams or kitchens for head coach who would you choose? or do you have another choice who is it?

    If it was up to me it'd be Arians as HC, Kitchens as AHC/OC (so he doesn't leave) and Bowles as DC. 


  • Peter King on Baker and Kitchens
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    @atom said:

    according to jay glazer The Browns have allready locked up Kitchens as are o.c

    I seen that. That hurts the HC candidate pool unless they already know a guy who will take the job and doesn't have an issue with it. I remember WAS did that with Zorn and it didn't work out well.


  • Peter King on Baker and Kitchens
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    @crstphr2 said:

    Hire Arians and Kitchens will most likely stay.

    I just wonder would Dorsey even consider Arians. He's been campaigning for the job hard but media seem to think McCarthy got the job because of his ties from FO. I hate the idea of Baker already having to learn a 2nd offense in his 2nd year when he is playing well in the 1st one but I guess if Goff can do it, Baker can too.


  • Duke Johnson
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    @hx214 said:

    He is a slash back hasn’t been used correctly all season. Should be slot, 3rd down, punt returner. 

    He makes top 10 money, he will be traded to someone like the Falcons and be the next Sproles/Westbrook. 

    I was thinking CLE should give him heavy usage against teams with good run Ds like DEN. I see they try to force it to Chubb.  Be like how NE was with Blount and Dion Lewis.


  • Official Jabrill Peppers Appreciation Thread
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    @clevfan4life said:

    Where did carrie come from, dude is stud

    Oakland


  • Official Jabrill Peppers Appreciation Thread
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    The secondary played nice without Ward out there..

     Carrie with the HUGE interception. He’s been pretty consistent all year.

    I could only imagine how good the D is with a healthy Ward with the way Peppers played.


  • Id like to see the Browns def emulate something from the texans D next year....
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    @clevfan4life said:

    I still think we need to pick up a big LDE either in the draft or FA, but i like what the texans do with their front 7. They run their base 4-3 most of the time and use mercilus as the 5th rusher sometimes. Then in their nickel packages they bring up mercilus to the line as the 34 olb'er and move watt back to his old 5 tech spot...

    We have the RDE and the olb'er (Avery) in this equation.....

    Definitely. This would be a great offseason to do so. 

    I think a legit DT opposite of Ojunobi would be nice.

    Browns seem to do a good job producing a pass rush from the ends especially when the refs call holding but imagine if they had a consistent interior pass rush, the pocket would shrink and the sack numbers would be up!

    I'm curious to see what JAX does with their DL. They'll be over the cap and it looks like Malik Jackson will be available. If Campbell was available, he'd be nice in CLE. 

    Draft wise, I'd assume Gerald Willis/Dre'Monte Jones will be available.


  • The truth
    R Realplayer
    The Browns Board

    @clevfan4life said:

    Williams is getting too cute with his stunts. We're losing edge control too much when they have myles stunting/looping around. I get it, its because theres not much pressure aside from myles, which is why LDE needs addressed in the draft or FA. But teams almost know when the def call has myles going to.the inside....they abuse it almost everytime.

    Would love to see a FA vet on the DL. Can't have the D full of college age kids. Need some experience to help these boys win.

    I got my eye on JAX and PHI to see who they cut from their D. They'll both be over the cap. Wouldn't mind Malik Jackson, Calais Campbell etc.

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate