Here is my attempt........
rocknrollbrowns
Posts
-
Thebrownsboard Needs Your Help -
Browns Roster Moves EarlyCan't they just resign Rogers, but at a discounted price?
-
Real FansI think you root for the team that is going to make you feel the best after they win. For some people they may think it is better for the Browns if shitsburg won but I think for most of us it made us happy that the Packers won.! That does not make anyone a real or unreal fan. I am glad I don't have to hear front runner steelers fans brag about number 7!
-
No Offensive Coordinator Next Year? -
No Offensive Coordinator Next Year?Yeah this is not looking good if you ask me no OC and a fresh new head coach who has to manage both, dosent look good
With Jauron on board Shurmur doesn't have to worry too much about the defensive side of the ball. I think we will be just fine, at least we will know that the head coach and OC will be on the same page for a change!!!!!!!!
-
Is Shurmer Calling Offensive Plays Causeing a Problem In Finding a Quality OC?So do we really need an OC? With Jauron on board Shurmmer can leave the defense up to him and concentrate on the offense. He would only need offensive assistants to get the job done.
-
Tipped Passes for InterceptionsI think its because teams are so caught up in the speed of the receiver and not how well they catch. So we are getting really fast guys that can't catch and this is leading to more tipped balls.
-
Thank you, Pat Shurmur. I'm now a big fan !!!!If you don't have a problem with the guys that he got rid of then how can you criticize him? He figured out how to work with Big Baby, didn't he? I think the whole "cater to the ego" is a crock of bull. It starts with character. You can bring in those super talented-loud mouths at the end to sprinkle on top of a strong locker room. The Browns didn't have that when he arrived.
I was kind of hoping they would have kept Mangini. I know he had to get a solid locker room in place and had to get rid of those guys. Once you get a solid locker room you should be able to bring in a couple of guys with some talent and a little attitude without them tearing apart the team. I just think he was not willing to work with those kind of players at all.
-
Thank you, Pat Shurmur. I'm now a big fan !!!!I am just hoping he is not afraid to have a few talented guys on the team even if they have big ego's. A good coach can deal with these types of players and can get them to play team ball. If you want talent your going to have to put up with some things you don't like. Mangini would just get rid them instead of trying to figure out how to work with them. Although I think he did the right thing in getting rid of the players he did. He had to create a core team who bought in to his system. I just don't think he was willing to bring in that type of player after laying the base.
-
Do You Really Want the WCO?I believe we finished in the top 15 in scoring defense last year but thats about to get blown up..WCO does not involve much motion or trading or movement..Running it in this division could be risky in my opinion,,will see I guess
I think it will work in this division. Both the Stoolers and Gayvens defenses are set up to stop each other. If we come in with something different we just might have a chance. Of course our defense can't be giving up a ton of points or it doesn't matter how good our offense is!
I am hoping things happen here just like the Jets. Mangini laid the base down and got a disciplined team put together, and a new coach comes in who can take them to the next level.
-
2011 COACHING AND FRONT OFFICE MOVEMENTAre we really sure this is the guy? This does not sound good!
listen close starting at the 0:48 second mark!
-
2011 COACHING AND FRONT OFFICE MOVEMENTI'm on the same page as Shep....As fans, even the most knowledgeable don't know SQUAT compared to Holmgren & Heckert. I'll live with their decision. Actually, when was the last time we had REAL football people, & successful ones at that, bringing in a Head Coach who is on the same page they are. This is not an inherited HC, but one of their choice. I'll trust their judgment because they can back it up with solid track records.
I have to admit that I'm not a big Rob Ryan fan & I'm VERY interested in who will be the DC....Ryan, or ???
Mike
Since we are still paying Mangini why not let him be the DC? He is not getting another head coaching job any time soon!
-
Browns Fire Eric ManginiWhy is no one talking about Bill Cowher? He knows how to win in this division and it seems as though he is wanting to coach again. I would hope that Holmgren at least inquires!
-
Is this the real McCoy?I wonder if the Saints fans were calling for a QB change after Brees threw 4 interceptions against the Browns? It was just a bad game! I think Colt will be fine and the Steelers game will be huge for him. It is a defense he has seen and now he knows what its like to play in the cold. So if he throws up another stinker then I might be inclined to say he is not the man. But from what I have seen so far I think he can be the guy!
-
Disappearing 2nd Half Offense!I wasn't blaming anyone. I've loved how the defense has played all year.
But we've been tackling poorly, especially in the 4th quarter.
It seems like our defense keeps trying to strip the ball instead of tackling. They need to start wrapping up some legs and stop giving guys those extra yards!
-
This'll Get You in the McMood for SundayJust watch this video!!!!......
http://videos.utexasclan.com/view.php?id=7124
Its hard to watch as an OSU fan but if Colt gets to this type of level we are in for a hell of a ride!
-
Things I want to hear Mike Holgren say."Eric Wright has been released because he sucks"
-
Eric WrightI just watched the overtime again and the play that bothers me was a 3rd & 9 with 8 minutes to play. This is the play where the reciever was hurt and Eric Wright just quit on the play and the reciever makes a diving catch for a first down. That was just bad football and Wright needs released!
-
WTF!!Why we lost:
1. Defense can't get a sack to save their lives
2. Stuckey's fumble fingers
3. Cribb's injury
4. No discernible talent at the WR position
5. Time of possession, Jets: 47.08 Browns: 27.36
6. Eric "can't cover shit" Wright
HC, OC, and DC aren't on that list. I remembered to forget more football than you ever forgot to remember...or something like that.
#6 should be #1
and you could add a #7- Refs inability to call holding on several 3rd down plays that the jets converted!
-
This'll Get You in the McMood for SundayThanks, That was awesome! I was at the game and forgot to record it so that is the first time I have seen the highlights.