I chose blackmon in the first round because he looks to be a beast at wide reciever and the browns really need help there. I would say your next biggest need is a defensive end because only sheard got pressure and even he was inconsistent. I would say the Browns should go with BPA with the 22nd pick because the draft is deep enough at DE to wait till the second round. It might be interesting if Quinton Couples dropped to 22nd pick because he didn't have a great season because he has a lot of potential but looked disinterested this season so i don't think they should draft him but it could happen.
Ronde
Posts
-
2012 Nfl Draft -
The Browns Need ... Another Game Breaker WrBrowns should take Blackmon, if he's available. I think he's going to St. Louis, but they could also realistically get Kalil.
If St. Louis get Kalil, Blackmon should drop to the Browns. If Blackmon is off the board, I think the Browns will end up with Griffin.
If that happens with the 22nd pick, get the best WR available, which most likely will be Wright or Floyd.
Drafting a RB that early, IMO is too risky. If he turns out to be as good as Peterson, it'll be worth it. But if he isn't, the Browns won't get any real value from the pick. You rarely see nowadays teams that have a single back as their focus of their offense. The value from a RB in with a top 10 pick just isn't worth it.
Now, if Richardson falls to 22nd overall, as unlikely as it is, then I'd think would be a good pick to draft him with.
I agree with these statements, in the modern game running backs just aren't as important as they used to be. If you want Richardson i see the best value would be to trade down out of the 4th pick to the 7th so the Jaguars can get Blackmon and the browns would then get extra picks and in all likelihood Richardson would still be on the board at 7.