Thoughts on the draft.
#3 Richardson- Thought the trade was criticized too much. We had 13 picks- and we probably wouldn't want to carry 1/4 of the roster chalked full of rookies. Even if we consider the wasteland that is the practice squad. Richardson is going to make the Claiborne/Blackmon people on here happy. I see a shiftier Byner and dare I say a little Jim Brownesque power.
#22 Weeden- The draft hinges on Weeden obviously if he is good (Top 15 QB) for the Browns for the next 8 years we've hit a home run this weekend. I have faith that Richardson will be a star and a few others below will be productive pros for awhile. I'm not crazy about the #22 spot. The Pats wanted to trade up we couldn't move down with them? I'd feel better if he was picked lower and then the pick or picks we could have had with the trade could have been used to make the 3rd round pick a 2nd round pick (ton of great players drafted right after our 2nd round pick). Reiff was tempting at 22, but I Weeden would have been picked by a trade up team in the beginning part of round 2.
37- Schwartz was not on my radar but as I read more about him he's a better pick for the Browns than Glenn/Martin. I see Ryan Tucker type production. On a side note- I've said for two month the Steelers would take Adams.
3 round trade down- I was thinking great move as all the questionable picks were being taken from our original third round pick until our 87 pick (heck a punter went). But John Hughes! Worst pick- hope he proves me an idiot. I thought he was a product of his teammate who was drafted higher. I watched a few Bearcat games- His buddy stood out way more. Hughes was probably a 5th round pick based on his size. I wanted TY Hilton here- He's going to make Luck look good.
4- Benjamin- The guy has speed I remember the OSU game two years ago. Watching his highlights he looks like he has hands as well. Nice pick. He's a slot guy next to Little probably a future punt and kickoff guy as Cribbs winds down. Can't ask for more in round 4.
4- The LB- sorry missed most of draft from here- the guy looks like a solid developemental guy.
5- Miller- Colorado- Depth in the trenches always needed. I don't see him taking anyones spot so don't pencil him yet and maybe ever.
6- Acho- is exactly the type of guy we never seem to draft at this point- how many years do the Browns draft some obscure prospect that didn't produce at the coolege level but has size. Maybe he's an overachiever and maybe he overachieves for the Browns.
6- Winn was a great value pick- remember him playing well when I watched them against Va Tach a few years ago.
7-Wade- looks slow but was projected high (3rd round) and made some plays in college- maybe he has great instincts and watches film- couldserve him well as a depth guy in our secondary.
7- Smelly- Make the star happy. I like it.
We are coming together, but I have a feeling we will be asking for a pash rusher, #1 WR and probably a ball hawk safety in next seasons draft.