I like it a LOT. All depends upon how we use him. We need to re-structure his deal.. and Landry to keep them both. Hoping Landry is swayed to stay with Amari coming on board...but He may want a change of scenery. Doutful WR is with our 1st, but slim chance it still happend but have to grab a couple WR's in this deep WR draft. I like the Njoku tag.. looks like they woke up to the fact he is really good. Now, game plan to feature him more. He's way more explosive than Hooper.
Sez.EJ
Posts
-
Browns trade for Amari Cooper -
Preseason Game 2So in 3 quarters (2 preseason games) Weeds is 18 of 25 for 3 TD'S, zero int's.. and 229 yards. Seems like Chuds/Norv's offense is tailor made for him. I'm not quite ready to annoint him yet.. but it does show how a system that fits you and a year of experience goes a long way. Weeds is making some progress.
So lauvoa had ankle surgery, Pinston is out for a while..who is behind them..thats our new starting left guard. Next man up!!!!
Good thing we held onto Brandon Jackson, he's now the #2 RB.. Lewis is out at least half the year with a broken leg, Hardesty's knees are toast... Mingo has a lung contusion or something along that line, but he'll be back the quickest. Thats just football.. next man up..
-
Training Camp News, August 1 (It's August!)My am pretty certain we will be pretty good at rushing the passer..What worries me; is that if we can't stop the run.. it won't matter.
I believe our DL is up to the task, but our LB's are not exactly known as run stuffers. DQJ struggled in the 3-4 last time out...hoping the experience will help him...but the other guys.. not run stuffers.. So if we can't stop the run.. all the pass rushing talent in the world isn't worth a thing because teams will continue to pound the rock at us.. I'm hoping they will be better than I think they will be.
-
Article On Nfl.com: Weeden Most Improved Qb For 2013http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7480/brandon-weeden
Jaworski has reviewed all the film on Weeds and believes he will be a "rock solid starter" in the NFL. I believe Jaws is a solid evaluator of mechanics etc.. Weeds just needs to improve on his reads and he's on the way. Said Weeds "showed uncommon poise and calm in the pocket".
-
Josh Gordon Suspened Two GamesGORDON ALREADY IN STAGE 3 OF THE NFL DRUG PROGRAM
I read this this morning. This means this is his second hit since being in the league and his next could end up being a one year suspension.
-
Can boring football be winning football?The topic question: Can boring football be winning football?
Winning is never boring.
-
Does Heckert Make a Trade?I no longer see where Rogers has value. He has done nothing this year (except 2 false starts) to show he is worth anything. I did not even here his name called today. I think he's done. He has not recovered from his injuries from last year.. so.. I hate to say it.. he has no value.. He's worth more to us as a backup.
-
BROWNS DEFENSEI think the safety spots are going to be in flux most of the season. I think you may have it right for game 1.. but I think that's not the way it will end up. I can see some rookies possibly taking jobs. or at least getting a lot of play time in certain packages.. I for one cannot wait to see Asante on special teams with Cribbs.. tackling the ball carrier..
-
Lombardi: Haden struggled in campnmills said:
And the Jets have Darelle Revis and Cromartie 2 of the best in the game yet they drafted a CB in the first round. I dont understand how Shep preaches that the NFL is a passing league (which I agree to an extent) but doesnt see the need to be able to stop it.Umm cuz the Jets are smart... So are the Browns for drafting Haden.
If Haden started over Wright or Brown right away.. how sad would that be if he could walk in and take a vet's job like that. It would be a sad testimony on our secondary. and all the offseason work to make it better. That we drafted the top corner out of college who gave up ZERO td's his whole college career to be the #3 or #4 is awesome.. He can work on taking the vet's job once he masters the system and the nfl.. Not to mention.. some people seem to think we only need to cover 2 recievers on pass plays.. HELLO.. 4-5 reciever sets are pretty normal in our division now. Pitts, Cinci, and Balt ALL added multiple recievers in the offseason. We need a BUNCH .. a WHOLE BUNCH of great corners to be a great defense. We get Wright, Brown, Haden, B-mac and the improved safeties... Will be interesting.. Pray for some DL help and a pass rush and this could be very good.
-
Lombardi: Haden struggled in campAnyone playing on the Florida defense (especially the Secondary) has speed to burn or they would never touch the field. Lombardi is a joke. I guess that 4.4 he ran does not make him fast enough.
-
Will Mangini Be Fired Monday?He will be fired on Tuesday since that is when the meeting is set for.
-
BAD TASTE STILL LINGERSYeah.. we ended this season with a victory. 4 straight wins . Pittsburgh who is a mere shadow of their former selves, 2 bottom feeders in KC and Oakland and a middle tier team in Jacksonville.. I am not knocking this performance..It's actually impressive..
My problem is this past offseason, combined with the first 12-13 weeks of the season were the most disgusting thing I have ever seen witnessed. Even 4 wins in a row cannot erase this from my mind..
This was BY FAR.. the worst season I have ever lived through ... first time in my life I was so disgusted I turned off the tv during several games (this was when DA was crapping his pants week after week)... Terrible coaching, terrible decisions, combined with terrible on field play... I am thankful this season is over. I wish there was such a thing as a brain scrubber so I could erase this nightmare from my mind.
Bash me for this if you want.. It WAS the worst season ever.
I sure hope Holmgren can do better in the coming years.. I also know that it's Holmgrens reputation that is on the line. I do not see him putting his name on this product without bringing in his own guys... guys who live and breath in HIS system. I don't think Mangini survives the Tuesday meeting. If it were MY team.. I would go with my own guys.. especially when it's going to be me who has to answer for the resultes.
-
Petition to Keep Mangini CoachFirst post here. I'm trying to get the word out on this petition. Just want some knowledgeable, patient Browns fans let their voice be heard. Thanks for your support.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH... Really? Holmgrens going to put his reputation on the line becuase of a petition?????? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...
-
Steelers will make the playoffsSteelers are pounding the Dolphins!
Patroits are pounding the Texans. (we need Houston to lose)
If the Jets OR Ravens lose today the steelers make the playoffs and can begin their march to their 7th Super Bowl Championship.
sorry browns, you didn't ruin a thing only pissed off a hornets nest of nasty steeler football.
the bubster.
REALLY?
-
Browns will win Today against the BengalsLast week we were coming off Monday Night Football and a little petered. Today we show that taking these wannabe's to OT wasn't a fluke.
Shake the savings jar clean, bet the kids lunch money ... this ones in the bucket.
So warm here I sat out under the moon in a wife beater ... Marko you'll be fine next weekend.
How many trap games are there in a season? Seems like I see this posted all too frequently. I guess we need to build a better trap.. it's not working.
-
Question for those who have NFL NetworkI think it's "just ok" I find myself watching it more in the offseason then the regular season.
-
Qb Comparison against the same teamCribbs sucks as a reciever, or should I say ..still sucks as a reciever. he's innefective in the WildDawg. Harrison falls down when a fingernail touches him. He's afflicted with the dropsies too and I now understand why he was inactive last week...they should have left him there. Jennings looked tenative hitting the hole. ..I would have liked to see him get a few more touches... Jamal lewis is STILL our best runningback and that's pathetic. The pass protection was lousy. Run blocking was decent... The playcalling was ok except for a couple 3rd and longs where we were too conservative. Quinn was hot and cold.. threw some very nice balls but was behind the recievers too much.. recievers still need work reading the defenses and when to cut off routes... they don't know the offense well enough yet(momass/stuckey) . Why Cribbs is on the field as a WR instead of Furry is baffling.. Cribbs is terrible.
Defensively the run defense is pathetic for the 11thousanth game/season in a row. The secondary did pretty darned good.. Our pass rush was better. If we don't get some defensive ends next year it will be more of the same.. teams just run the ball and run clock on us. In our division we must get better in the front 3.. and front 7 overall..but our DE's are pathetic. They got pushed around all day in the run game. Kept Palmer to 107 yards passing.. but that's not a good stat since we let then run the ball at will and he did not need to throw in order to beat us.
Not many positives to take from this game...
-
Impact rookies we COULD of had...woulda coulda shoulda... don't look back..look forward. We have some guys in this draft that can still turn out to be fine players.. It takes at least 3 years to evaluate a draft.. You can look back for 20 years and say we shoulda or we coulda had this or that guy.. it's just a waste of time.. Sorry..i should have just skipped responding..but it just pisses me off a bit.. cuz hindsight is 20-20.. look forward not backward.. the past cannot be changed..only the future..
-
F'ck this TeamFunny.. this was the first game I have enjoyed in about 6-8 weeks.. I was bummed we lost,but I was exhilerated to see some offensive progress and innovation for once. I am used to the D only showing up once every 2-3 weeks..that's not a shock.. But to see some progress on offense was really really nice today.. gives me some hope for next year. I have ZERO expectations for this year other than to get the young guys some experience.. This year is a bust.. period..but at least it was fun watching the Browns again...
-
What the hell was that?It makes sense.. Furry is supposed to beat his guy 1 on 1 and score a TD... That didn't work so .. kick the field goal. if there were a few more ticks on the clock we could have run one more play to the end zone before kicking...but it did not work out that way.