K2's license plate reads "6ULDV8"
sisky fringo
Posts
-
Former Brown Winslow arrested for burglary -
OTA's = Jokepracticing in shorts is good for muscle memory and mental reps, but it won't tell you if what you are planning on paper will work in 2018...in addition to injuries and general wear and tear.
actual game experience is what the team needs. OTA's are a joke. teams grow the most on Sundays.
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouf" - Mike Tyson
-
Barkley at #1 OverallAnd Adrian Peterson who I consider a superior RB, wasn't drafted until #7. Just another reason to NOT draft Saquon at #1.
Well, to be fair, he did guess right on two- Honey Badger, and Derek Carr. Hmmmm, Carr or Manziel- tough choice there. BTW, taking a look back at the 2014 Draft, I just got ill looking at all the Pro Bowl talent we passed on to get Gilbert and Johnny.
And Adrian "All Day" Peterson had health concerns stemming from that recent collarbone injury...and I still say no. Chubb is the right pick at #4.. AD has no rings.
But LT does. Lawrence, not LaDanian.
#1 Allen
#4 Chubb/Mayfield/Darnold
#33 don't care, surprise me.
(yes, If Chubb is gone I'd rather have 2 rookie QBs that don't play than draft Saquon "The Luxury We Can't Afford" Barkley).
-
Barkley at #1 OverallEvery player this guy has pined for is a non-factor in the NFL, or out of the league. Admire his determination though!
he was all in on Honey Badger.
Even a blind squirrel finds an occasional nut as they say.
Post 2,222
#2 represents relationship balance. My team is on the rise like a phoenix...
-
The "Eyes" Have It...Rosen's eyes have always reminded me of Rodgers so not surprised to see the pics Tour.
They should, both being pure bloodline Ashkenazi Athiest Crypto Khazarians and all...
My Jewdar on Rogers spiked an easy 5 years before Olivia Munn demanded he go public and pander about his Aunt and his long lost ethnicity. It was...whatever.
Smart guys, both of em. But Rosen isn't Rogers. His vessell is about as sturdy as Bridgewater's...and this is the AFCN.
What did Big Ben's eyes look like in college? Give me a smart tough kid with Big Ben's durability, arm, and size who loves football. Then find another one and grab them too.
I'm all in on Tyrod, Chubb is bpa.
-
Browns fans draft preparation -
Biggest Areas of Concern -
Biggest Areas of ConcernI'm concerned that Danny Shelton won't fit our scheme and about injuries. The rest I'm good with.
-
Garrett suffers injury according to mary KayMary Kay Dogface loves drama. Knee jerk reaction vs. actually knowing something.
-
Kizer taking SOME 1st team repsCody is facing the starting D who's not wearing pads. I'm not concerned about the batted balls or him finding his throwing lanes right now. It's early and they are motley crews.
Some vocal Trubisky loyalists around eh? That poor kid's life is gonna be a nightmare in Chicago.
He wasn't our answer, clearly. I'm sure you'll all come around at some point.
-
Kizer taking SOME 1st team repsKizer's throwing motion is looking great in the clips on the Browns site. For what that's worth. Just looks noticeably improved. Smoother. Faster. Spiral is tighter.
I've been following the top 4 really closely for about a year now and I liked them all at one point or another. I was a Trubisky guy until it was pointed out he locks his front leg when he throws. I'm all in on Kizer.
I'd like to see DeShonne run the scout team this year and become familiar with running other offenses during practice, coming along slowly. There are a ton of details to absorb, I see no point in rushing him.
I do like Cody and like his offseason initiative but I'd rather have Brock test out our revamped o-line while Cody is the insurance and Kizer grooms.
-
Watson, Kizer, Trubisky, Mahomes@ghoolie said:
Trubisky is the only QB in the bunch. Three black Tarkentons will all wind up in the fucking trash can with RG3, Culpepper, Newton and the rest of the jumpy, jittery, juggernauts.
NEW FLASH................nobody plays spread offernse, flag-football in the NFL. Kizer, Watson and Mahomes all used their feet to play QB. In college their physical ability is superior to most of the folks they play against. In the NFL their speed is ordinary and their life-long teachings to run run run...will get them fucked up quickly.
Trubisky plays with his brain and his arm. He is the only QB in this group who has real QB skills.
Kessler will get fucked up or pulled within 4 games, most likely the Steelers will concuss him again. Then we get Turdwieller, then black Tarkenton. We will get to see Trubisky twice. I can't wait to see him rip Williams "Irritated Gorilla Offense" to shreds, while Browns fans talk about how we are building assets.
Trubisky locks his front leg out when he throws. defenders will target it.
He's a good kid personally but It's likely the Browns weren't high on him and that's probably the biggest reason why. That's one of the hardest habits to correct regarding throwing. The Browns front office absolutely fleeced the Bears and kept they rest of the NFL guessing for 1 1/2 rounds.
I heard Kizer visited with the Browns 6 or 7 times pre draft. He throws a real nice catchable ball. It was on display in the short video the team put out yesterday on that pass to Britt (18), ball flew off his hand. His throwing motion was slower a month ago. Now his arm is a blurr. Browns are in great shape at QB compared to last year.
Ghoolie, if you are such a racist why even watch NFL? Plenty of hockey fan message boards out there. Or perhaps figure skating is more up your "skin pigmentation" alley.
Greg Williams "Gorillas" are going to make your Steelers wish Depodesta was still in baseball.
What's your over/under for the Browns this year? If it's two games I'll put $1000 on the over. Easy Money, Rodney.
-
Camp NewsScoob may play harder for them than he would have for us so wise to temper all comparisons.
Had Greg Williams been the DC last year perhaps Scooby wouldn't have been put on practice squad at all. Combined with Peppers on coverage and blocking...damn.
-
Watson, Kizer, Trubisky, MahomesThis is one of the most interesting QB draft classes I've ever seen. Each has very specific + and - to their game.
We have the "Michael Jordan of QBs", the big-body canon-armed yet intelligent and eloquent current Cleveland Brown, another an intriguing hometown homer who is light on film, and lastly Mahomes who has probably the most mystery and most natural throwing talent of all of them.
I feel decent about Kizer, but I definitely look forward to casually following all of their careers.
-
Discipline - the lack thereofI thought 15 penalties in 2 games was bad.
13 penalties today (in Miami). Granted almost 40% belonged OutTo Pasture. - Pryor did a lot of good things today...and didn't act foolishly and draw a penalty. (could he have consulted with Greg Pruitt?)
...it seems that we should just fair catch every punt. Trying to return them just results in a penalty putting us worse position.
penalties aside, Pasztor had a tall order and Cody actually stayed alive. i didn't envy either of them. playing across from Joe Thomas must feel like the wildebeast with the hurt leg when the herd is surrounded by wolves.
plenty more coaching moments to cover. one lesson at a time this team is learning together what not to do.
-
Carl Nassibfunny interview w him on the Browns site...hot Carl's got a little sass in him!
he made Grossi look silly w the Eminen/headphone comment, among others...
-
positives from a crushing lossWell, it's early, but it's time for me to eat a little crow. I was probably the toughest critic of Danny Shelton, and he was fast approaching "Browns First Round Normalcy". What a difference two games make. Our first game, he showed pop and strength. Not dominant, but definitely displayed some of the penetration and power that we hoped for last year. Fast forward to second game, and he WAS dominant. His numbers were eye popping, and I could hear him talking a bit of smack and really getting into the game. He did well and it was noticeable. It's early, but it makes me happy. We at least know he CAN make it happen, now it's time to see about consistency.
The improvements to get excited about begin with Corey Coleman. Browns may have caught a severe break when the refs ruled that catch a TD, because if they ruled it incomplete, I'm not sure they could have reversed it. It was a BIG break, and something our young rookie desperately needed. The throw was actually perfect and Coleman made it a bit harder than it had to be. He didn't quite catch it cleanly, and he didn't drag his toes with the second foot. Obviously this is VERY difficult to do, but he's a pro. This catch gave him the confidence he needed to go out and look for the ball. You could see the difference. I absolutely LOVE how he jumped for that deep ball. That's something you just can't coach. The second TD was a result of the first. Had to respect the speed and play off, and that's what happened.
in space Corey Coleman is nearly undefendable 1 on 1.
-
McCown/Nassib potentially out for awhile -
McCown/Nassib potentially out for awhileMcCown is a gritty bastard, but damn if he doesn't hold on to the ball for way too long sometimes. He literally could have avoided 4-5 hits yesterday just by playing smarter.
Call it whatever you want, but there's a reason top QB's stay healthy and that's because they know when to go down and or let it go. God Bless McCown because you can't fault a guy for hanging tough but there's a limit at the position
i believe they still woulda hit him even if he got rid of it sooner, because they weren't getting penalized for it. it's almost like they knew.
-
Corey ColemanHere's what I really like about Corey's game:
He goes up and fights for the ball and has terrific timing. His first touchdown catch was VERY iffy, and I'm guessing he wasn't completely in. We somehow lucked out and didn't have another camera angle, but I'll take it. If I'm nitpicking, I'd say he could've done a better job with his feet. He had time to drag and secure the ball. Again, I'm NITPICKING, but in the pros, sometimes a matter of dragging a foot can mean the difference.
I also like that red zone touchdown call...a LOT. You want to play off Corey? Well, go right ahead. This touchdown was actually set up by the FIRST one. If you watch the first touchdown, you'll see Coleman's defender try to jam him up, but completely miss. You miss on Corey, and he's right by you. Every time. So on the next one, the guy gives Corey a little cushion. Tackling Coleman in the open field does NOT look like fun.
agree on the toe drags. it matters and that TD catch looked like it could have gone either way.
my favorite intangible of his is his ability to track the ball is elite. rain, sleet, snow, hail, and under lights you need it. you can't coach it and not everyone has it. WR Little and TE Dray did not for example.
one on one with a DB in open space Coleman gets past them probably 6/10 times now. he has the ability to be a 8/10,9/10 level player. tough. lands on the ball carrying a defender and gets up and walks away. unlike many i have seen who lay on the ground in a crumpled pile fetal position. we will be attempting to extend his contract early and locking this guy up for a while.
CC, TP, and JG as a WR core is a daydream that's about to become a reality for years to come. simply catching his TD's in bounds clearer and learning the playbook better are really good problems for a rookie WR to have. he's way ahead of the rookie WR curve.
I also want to know what the refs saw when they overturned his catch along the sidelines where they said he went out of bounds before the catch. I thought they needed indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field. Unless the refs had a viewpoint from a camera shot that they did not show on TV, I saw nothing that would have overturned that call. Quite the opposite, the catch should have been confirmed.
i agree. it's why they never scored again.
the game appears very controllable through reffing when the players are inconsistent at executing.
i have this theory. it involves two or more people conspiring to...
