UPS driver in the greater Dayton area.
Sturim
Posts
-
What Does Everyone Do For A Living? -
Is He or Isn't He?I went into this season fine with the fact that we would play BQ this season, good or bad, and finally find out exactly what we have. It boggles my mind that we have yet to play him ( we spent a 1st round pick on him) a full season and see what sort of improvement and actually get a real feel for what we have. I keep thinking they will move him either by the trade deadline or at the end of the season....and thus will begin yet another story of a blunder the browns franchise created.
-
ManginiI agree with mark, that looked like a qb draw to me. They had time on the sideline before that play (someone took a timeout) to discuss it.
-
Fox Sports Goat of the Week: Eric ManginiI think Squintz hit the nail on the head. I think our owner is clueless when it comes to football operations and what it takes to make a program competitive again. He's been here since '99 and things have been a mess since then. It drives me nuts to see programs with 1st year coaches that are competing. What we saw sunday was a team that had quit on its coach 3 weeks into the season.
-
Ponder this...All I can remember at the end of DA's "great season" was realizing that all he was doing was throwing it deep and hoping someone on the same team managed to get under it. Thats pretty much what happened if you recall all the circus catches...my personal favorite was BE laying out and having to ROLL 6 yds to get into the endzone. Nevermind the fact he was 10 yards behind the nearest defender...that just shows DA's accuracy issue there. At the end of that season, I was praying the browns moved him in the off season and got something out of him before people realized he wasn't really anything special...which the rest of the world did the following season as he showed really just how average he was.
-
There Will Be Better DaysI'm with EJ on this one...I expected this game to be ugly early against a team with a good D and a really good running game. This wasn't against a team that is going nowhere this season, it was a team that alot of people believe to be candidates for representing the NFC in the championship game.
-
Brady Quinn sucks and always has! Can we please put Derek Anderson back in.I'm not going to base the season off the first game...especially against the vikings with the real possibility they will be in the superbowl for the NFC this season. I know people are getting tired of losing and seem to think this mess here in cleveland is going to get turned around in one draft/offseason. IT'S NOT THAT EASY! I'm looking at this season to see some improvement and see how this team does down the road. To simply base everything off this one game is just simply idiotic....give it a chance to get better and don't go shooting for the moon right out of the gate~
-
Brady Quinn wins the QB competitionDo any of you dumbasses even talk football or do you just sit here and twist each other's nipples and say "I know you are, but what am I?"
I swear I walked into a 8th grade study hall.
[/quote
you must have slipped in the bathroom and hit your head on the toilet, Sarge. The "walking into an 8th grade study hall" really did happen to you today...hope you used the time to prep for the rest of your busy day!
-
thoughts at halftimeI blame DA for getting hit and picked...he was holding the ball too long...nothing new there. He has to read the blitz coming and do something about it. They are giving the qb that power now with the new regime. If he can't check out of it now, he's going to be throwing more jump balls up.
-
3rd & Goal at the 6, you have a chance to get $11 milLum figured he better get his shot in quick after the egg his boyfriend laid tonight. The browns looked like a train wreck all over tonight...I was really hoping to see something positive tonight.
-
Jasper Brinkleyyeah, I saw alot of plays where he was gettin' ate up by a lineman and the play went past him. I saw nothing there to make me think we should try to go get him.
-
Sean Jones in Philly Green?Vegas, are you saying that you are content with Adams taking his place? I know Im not...I saw enough of Adams when he had to start to know he isnt going to cut it. I still think that Jones was a good safety and is still young enough to help this club out. I really did think we would bring him back. I hope Mangini knows what he is doing...RAC thought he did too a few years back. Mangini is on the clock, hope he finds all the pieces he's looking for before the alarm goes off.
-
Sean Jones in Philly Green?well, Im not exactly an Adams fan. Im getting the feeling this season is going to make last season not look so bad. I felt that Jones was one FA we would sign and bring back, but I guess I was wrong on that. At least after last season I think I have my expectations for this franchise in check and really don't get too bent out of shape over the moves made in cleveland anymore.
-
A note to those who want to dump Braylon Edwards.I personally think you don't ever draft a receiver in the top 10 due to the fact there are so many good quality receivers around. I think the position is overrated when it comes to how important it is to have top tier talent. Give me a killer running game and I'll take a couple quality receivers any day over the divas in the league.
-
When all the World was Browns TownI liked KW2 personally. I think the guy had alot of heart and played hard when he did play. How many guys in the NFL practice in full pads these days? There were alot of guys on that team that quit last season, but I don't think he's one of them and I think he'll flourish with the Bucs. We'll get to see what we wanted here....but with another team.
-
A Product You Can TrustI have yet to even register on another teams board, let alone go and post on it regularly...u tell me silverback...who the hell is obsessing? It amazes how often I find steeler fans posting on this website. I would think you could spend your time on your own board or at least on the team you are about to play at least. Stupid xxxxin' reply silverback....but then I got to consider the source.
-
Anderson's contract solvedIve never seen anything like it. Lum is here for one reason only, and thats DA. I find that really odd almost as stalkerish to the point maybe someone should file a police report about Lum. I'm a browns fan and always have been...really don't think Lum is any sort of a browns fan but simply following his lost love or something. I never seem to see him post on anything anywhere in these forums unless its defending DA. IF DA gets us winning Lum, I'll back him. I've seen enough of him since last season though to realize he isn't getting any better and killing this team. All across the country media is saying he'll end up somewhere as a BACKUP. Thats where he was with Frye here and now he's going back to that roll so deal with it.
-
Anderson's contract solvedthere u go throwing that "ROSTER BONUS" in there again...with no link to an actual browns source. I like how you made a whole new topic to make it look all official and everything Lum....nice touch.
-
Mangini's First 'Mangenius' Movegood to see Lum is still alive and well...I was getting worried. Keep getting your shots in bud, your days with DA in cleveland are numbered. I hope you enjoy the new boards with his new team as a backup somewhere as much as you tried to pretend to be a browns fan here.
-
Tressell Outcoached AgainPryor is a freshman and every college in the country wanted him...I'm not going to get down on the guy. I felt he kept OSU in the game with his legs. I can't help but feel texas knows they got lucky in the game tonight. That game was lost when they faked the LB blitz and let the receiver get behind everyone but the one safety. They should have been keeping everything in front of them and I really feel the buckeyes would have won that game. No way Texas should have been in the the championship game on thursday...but I think that will be more apparent after that game.