I agree with you on the most part, but our Offensive Lines have been creating holes (at-times) since we've returned to the league. It's just that we haven't had a back hit them quick/hard enough before they closed.Same as everyone calling for the O-lines head in the first 10 quarters of play this season. in steps another QB and all of a sudden the O-line isn't giving up sacks no more.
Harrison is hitting the holes with precision timing and he's into the secondary. Jamal danced at the mouth of the hole.
I've had end zone seats since 1999, and I can tell you that each year we opened holes, but besides Jamal's running with attitude and hitting them hard in 2007, and this year, we haven't had a back come close to exploiting the holes (no matter how big or small).
The O-line's been looking good to me, and what's even better is that Mangini has the team playing hard at the end of a season when there's nothing but pride left to play for. I don't know if Mangini is the guy or not, but I think he needs to stay in place for at least another year. One season doesn't prove anything, and it looks like my Brownies are improving.