Glad to be out of Tampa, that was a brutal series to watch. But most of all I am glad that I don't have to hear those homeriffic announcers that they have anymore. They were really bad yesterday.
The Hammer
Posts
-
Huff to debut against Rays -
cutler to the bears! -
Mujica tradedMasters said:
The Cleveland Indians have traded right-hander Edward Mujica to the San Diego Padres on Wednesday for future considerations or cash.Holy Crap! Shapiro should be GM of the year for getting anything in return for him.
-
Should we consider Andre Smith Should he Fall to #5Aloysius said:
The 19 reps of 225 is very disappointing. Though Smith has very long arms, you'd think a guy that strong could work his way into the 25-30 range. The bench press is also considered a measure of endurance; that could have been a factor in Smith's poor performance.19 reps is weak for a tackle who was once thought to be a lock for a top 3 pick.
By the way, thanks for not posting the video of him running the 40. It's not a pretty sight when 340 pounders run with their shirts off.
-
Proposed rule changesI dunno...that sounds like one of those rule changes that seems a lot better on paper than it does in practice. What constitutes taunting? A guy slows down, turns around, waves the ball around, sure, that's easy. But what happens if a guy just looks to see if anyone's behind him and slows down to a jog? What happens if a guy looks around, sees no-one behind him, and slows down as he's going in for a go-ahead touchdown with less than a minute left to run some clock? What if a guy raises one finger to the home crowd? What if--God forbid--an eighteen year-old decides to high step a bit? Too much interpretation for my taste.
Remember Washington-BYU? The Huskies got royally screwed because the ref decided that he didn't like a QB flipping the ball up in the air on his way to celebrating with his teammates. You want the ref who called that to decide whether or not a kid who runs across the goal line with the football should get credited with a touchdown?
Come to think of it, I don't even think it seems better on paper. Screw that noise. It's football, not church. A post-play penalty works just fine--a team loses field position, or they make an extra point even less of a gimme--and it's never a gimme in college. I'm there to watch a football game, not get a lesson in moral uplift from a line judge.
Dennis
I'm with you on this one Dennis. That is absolutely awful that they are even thinking of taking points away for this. It is a freaking game. How can you take all of the fun out like this? You are taking the game away from the players and letting it be decided by the officiating crew. That is going a little too far in my opinion.
-
Why not sign Ben Sheets?If they limited his innings he may stay healthy the whole year. No one has signed him yet and maybe they can pull a Millwood.
He is going to command a much higher price now, than what we paid for Millwood a few years back.
It would be too much of a risk for someone who gets injured as much as he does.
-
Indians sign PavanoI like the signing. This adds depth to our rotation if he can stay healthy, which for him hasn't been easy.
If he earns those incentives, the contract is worth every penny.
-
Hartline going pro?\ said:
From TFY:Sources from Ohio State have told the TFY Draft Preview that receiver Brian Hartline is seriously considering entering next April’s draft.
I don't get why Hartline would be so eager to declare for the draft. With Robiskie graduating, isn't Hartline in line to be Pryor's top target next year?
And it's not as if Hartline's draft stock is surging right now; nfldraftscout projects that he'll be selected in the 5th Round.
I think that we are going to see everybody come out early this year. The reason being is the new Collective Bargaining Agreement that will be in place after the 2009 season.
It is all but certain that one of the stipulations of the new agreement will be a rookie salary cap. I believe that everybody that even has a remote possibility of getting drafted will come out this year to avoid the cap.
Which means that despite Colt McCoy saying he is coming back for next year, I think he will be advised to come out this year and grab the money while it is there.
-
Did I hear "Good coverage" and "Cousin" in the same sentence\ said:
I was just waiting for them to throw a flag on him there in the endzone at the end. Woulda sealed it for me.I almost had a meltdown after that play. There was no need for all of that contact. Thankfully they didn't call anything.
What the hell was he doing?
-
Ohio State vs Penn State\ said:
\ said:
I freak out at the thought of losing Katezenmoyer, but that eventually leads to an A.J. Hawk. Then he goes and I freak out. But that leads to a Laurinitis. Now I'll freak out he'll be leaving, but that will lead to a Sabino.Dont know much about Sabino, but, Laurinitis is the most overrated player I have seen in a while. Please tell me how he got 12 tackles last night?? 12??? And from an unbiased perspective, he is not even your best defensive player.... Freeman is better than him as far as LB goes, and you need to add in Jenkins and Gibson as better players. All Laurinitis does is pile jump and get credit for a tackle. Please.
I agree somewhat with you about Laurinitis. His biggest problem is shedding blockers. If there is a body on him he will most likely be taken out of the play. That will not translate well to the NFL at all.
That being said, I think he has great instincts on the field and plays the pass better than most linebackers in college.