I find it kind of odd you are over here trashing me, and my work over on BH Shep. I thought we had buried that hatchet? And as far as these other grown men acting like adolescents, nobody is buying it. I never claimed I was some great poster over here, in fact I rarely posted anything. I was more of a lurker on this board, that is until soap opera like drama came down on this place like the plague. Then I couldn't even stand to read it, let alone post. Unfortunately some of the people causing the drama here came over to BH as well. I'll concede that, as there is no doubt. I wish all Browns fans the very best. Good luck to you and yours.
TheBestPlayersPlay
Posts
-
I'm Coming Home... -
Ratliff?One can only hope we will see Ratliff against Pittspuke. It can't get any worse than what we have behind center currently. The starting QB for the Massillon Tigers would probably fare better.
-
6-3 or 60-3, it's still a winI am not trying to argue that we played stellar football yesterday, it was probably the most pathetic excuse for a football game that I have ever had the displeasure of viewing, but a win is a win period. Teams don't get extra W's just because they won in style. Sure the stats were awful, it was a 6-3 game, what did everyone think the stats were going to look like? We got the same amount of wins this week as the giants got whether it was 6-3 or 44-7, both teams got exactly 1 win, and that is more than the browns have gotten in the past 10 games, so I don't know about everyone else but I woke up this morning feeling better than weeks 1-4.
Please post another thread saying the same thing. Thank you.
P.S. Our starting QB is pathetic
-
Mangini "Couldn't Be Happier!"i always knew that special teams could decide a game, but i didn't know it could be the ONLY thing to decide the game.
Apparently you haven't seen many games with DA as QB.
-
Josh McDanielsWhat a coach.
-
Wimbley, Jackson, and the Young DL GuysObviously DQJ (13 tackles, 9 solos) and Wimbley (11 tackles and a sack) had terrific games. They're keepers. But Rubin and Mosley were really, really good, too, as was Corey Williams. Our defensive line is starting to play excellent football. We need a serious OLB in the offseason, but I'm liking the front 7 more and more.
It's gonna be tough to keep Rubin and Williams off the field. Good problem to have.
On offense, Lewis and Mack stood out for me. The line in general was good. Massoquoi as dreadful and Anderson was worse than dreadful... he was Anderson.
I'd start praying for Bradford to be awesome... but everybody at the top of the draft is gonna want him, including the Rams.
I agree with everything but the Bradford comment 100%. QB at the top of the draft scares the shinola out of me.
-
The Raiders are NOT a professional football franchise.I am not sure we have any room to point the finger. Wow that was a terrible game today
At least our defense and our special teams play with some heart. Also, our O-line, and our RB played nice games today. It's just tough when you have a QB starting who should be putting my groceries in a bag. Instead, I am putting my head in a bag out of embarrassment.
-
GAMEDAY Thread 10/11 Vs BuffaloI'm not trying to defend DA because he is having a bad game. But come on dude. A lot of those passes are in the hands.
And if you disagree its because you are starring at Quinns groin while he is sitting on the sidelines.
No, if we disagree it's because we know football. Hands or not, you chuck a ball as hard as you can from 5 yards out, and you allegedly have a "top 5" arm .....nobody is going to catch it. It's called touch ....something necessary to be a successful QB in the NFL.
-
GAMEDAY Thread 10/11 Vs BuffaloYou wanna try throwing the ball in 20 MPH winds? And we're running the ball well so far today. You're a moron
20 MPH winds? Are you xxxxing kidding me? The only people who hopped on the DA bandwagon for a 3rd time don't know a lick about football. This dude just can't be taught "touch" apparently. gmafb
Thank God we have Cribbs, who just got us 3 points, and carried the team on his shoulders last week while you all sang DAs praises in a loss.
-
QB Discussion (pre Oct 11th game)Please?
-
Please, beat us.Zombo said:
I can't imagine a scenario where we would actually lose.You guys are putrid, your QB has no balls, your coach is a robot and your team is about to give up on him.
Zombo
Oh come on Zombo, give DA a little more credit than that!! If there is a way to lose, he'll figure it out.
-
Positivity Alert! Hoorray For Our...c-dawg said:
Ohio University's own Dave Zastudil is among the top five in punting so far (used to watch him in Peden Stadium when Wake's Jim Grobe had the best rushing attack in the US, he had one hell of a leg then too).I know, he has had plenty of chances, but that also means plenty of chances to screw up too. He hasn't:
Rank 5
Punts 25
Yds 1,130
Net Yds 941
Lng 60
Avg 45.2
Net 37.6
Dn IN 20 11
TB 4
FC 4
Ret 11
No blocks and only two kicks out of bounds.
Not too shabby...we could be worse off after all.
I know, I know. Dude, a punting thread? Can't focus on QBs and WRs all the time...
Maybe the ST will carry the Browns again this week to an "almost victory" and we can all celebrate some more. Our ST does rock, and I appreciate them trying to will us to a victory last week. Unfortunately our offense got in the way.
-
Tom Brady: My Favorite Receiver is the One Who's Open"You saw New England [win without a star receiver] for a long time," Furrey said. "Guys just go out there, do what they're supposed to do and keep their mouth shut and make plays and win games. That's what it's about. It's great to have big names in the paper, big names around the public, but it's about winning ballgames. That's what we're going to try to do."
Love it.
-
Draft homeworkLooking back at 99 draft ...this will be a series....
We drafted 11 guys in 99....not one is even in the league.
Notable first round misses.......still in league....Donovan Mcnabb, Ricky williams , Edgerin James, tory holt, champ bailey, chris Mcallister...etc etc...in round one patrick kearney, jevon kearse, antoine winfield,al wilson....blah
notable second rounders still in league......Dre Bly,jon hansen,mike petersen,mike rucker(just retired this year)Jimmy Kleinssaser....etc etc alot more
third rounders still in league....Chike Okefor, Marty Booker, Joey Porter, jon thornton, kevin Faulk, etc etc
4th Brandon Stokely, rosevelt colvin, aaron smith etc etc
5th kelly gregg, (Eric Barton, David Bowens) lol
6th desmond clark
7th donald driver..............there are a ton of guys still playing from this draft class that I did not mention...alot!!! none of our guys are even in the league. now the year 2000 next...
OUR PICKS: TC, KJ, Daylon McCutcheon, Rahim abdullah, marquis smith, waLI RAINER, DAREN CHIAVERINI, MARCUS SPRIGGS, kENDALL OGLE, jAMES DEARTH, MADRE HILL
Madre Hill was to be our diamond in the rough next great RB. And What about the next coming of Brian Brennen Mr. Chiaverini. Great draft.
These guys don't even have to pay me to run one of their drafts and I could do a whole hell of a lot better than what we've had the past decade. Maybe I can contact Lerner and save him some jack. (hopefully Mangini bucks the trend)
-
Starting WR's to be announced by the end of the weekAt least now we won't have to hear DA knob slobberers blame BE for Dereks lack of production anymore.
-
Kosar says Anderson was "fantastic"Was he drunk, or just high on pills? Love Kosar ....when he's sober. (which obviously wasn't the case in this instance)
-
Face it, fellas. Life could be A LOT worse.A reader comment on PFT just reminded me how much worse off Philip could have left us, if he had gotten his way:
Quinn may very well bust out, but we dodged an even bigger bullet here.
via here.
Indeed. I remember Phil getting very pissed off at the media for picking apart Russell before the draft.
-
What We Can Accomplish This YearWhat's the source? I'd love to see this. Harrison has speed and hits the hole but he goes down too easy to be a elite back. Nice complement, though.
Been begging for Cribbs to be our rB since we drafted him. His college coach said he would have been drafted day one had he played him at RB. His legs are tree trunks, his explosion and vision are phenominal.
CBS ran a graphic that said Anderson had 5 game winning drives in his career.
Double that number, and you'll have his game losing drives.
-
Browns opponents are a combined 14-2DA, now with nearly 30 starts, has only once beaten a team with a winning record.
We're eventually going to have to beat teams with winning records.
WOW. Even I thought DA was better than that. Pathetic.
I still say draft Eric Berry next year, the Browns won't be paying DA. Bring in average to below average FA QB next year, and we'll still be improved at the position by 10 fold.
-
Braylon Edwards Accused of AssaultI'm sure he was just out celebrating his teams "almost win" like a lot of you are, and drank a bit too much. It happens to the best of us while celebrating those "almost wins". From the report, it says he was out with a group of his teammates. Cheers to your "almost win" guys!! Hopefully our pro-bowl QB, and our dominant playmakers can bring us an "almost win" next week as well!!