Thomas5737
Posts
-
Total Qbr(Mccoy And Anderson) -
Marecic's RoleWill miss Vickers when (if) he goes. Has been a great Browns since he was drafted.
Let me preface this by saying that i'm not questioning anyone's fanhood or trying to tell you what kind of fan you should be.
I was thinking about how the modern day fan judges current and former players on their team, not just Browns fans. I understand that when you get a new player we usually improve his grade, like if you veiwed him as a C player when he was with the Redskins, now that he is a Browns he's more like a B or B- and that is cool. I have also noticed that when a player leaves, lets use Winslow as an example, most fans automatically drop him a full grade. Winslow was a B+ with us and is a C- as a Buc. I think we as fans should continue to embrace our former players (obviously not if they go within our division or take the Braylon route on exit). This is the age of free agency when you root a lot more for a team than a player but it may not have to be that way. If we were loyal fans of players I think players would be more loyal to us. Yeah, they have money on the line and that will win out more times than not but if we had a great reputation for loyalty to the player and the team we may do a better job with free agents and easier dealing with current players upon contract negotiations.
That got long winded, sorry.
Once again, do as you please I just miss the way it used to be sometimes
-
Tony GonzalezI would gladly take him. While not a sexy TE, he can pretty much do it all.
Would you trade Watson for him?
I wouldn't. Watson may have a few more years on him but he isn't as injury prone.
-
Tony Gonzalez -
Brian RobiskeI never get to watch to much collage ball. I really don't get to stoked about it anyway. But my friends have been life long season ticket holders for the Buckeyes and they really liked the guy and claimed he was a good "hands" guy. I would love to see him do great but the way it looks now I dunno
I do think he has pretty good hands. He may also be a good route runner, but he doesn't have much quickness, not to mention top speed. I'll take quick recievers all day over burners, especially if we go WCO. I think quickness is a bigger key to getting open than speed, except maybe on deep outs.
Give me the Wes Welkers, Roddy Whites, Steve Smiths etc...
-
Brian RobiskeVery true. It was a very nice play but Im still not "sold" on Robiske
Me either, didn't like the pick when we drafted him, mostly because i'm a Buckeye fan who saw him play. A very good college player, but I didn't think his game would translate to the pro's very well.
Still, I hope i'm wrong
-
Brian RobiskeI hate that the announcer claims it should have been intercepted. Maybe Colt knew he had a chance against that particular defender? Maybe he wouldn't make the throw against a better DB? Maybe he placed the ball perfectly?
No way that gets intercepted unless they shove Robiske out of the way prior to the ball getting there. It shouldn't have been a TD, the defender shouldn't have over-pursued the play when he had zero chance to intercept and little chance to knock the ball away.
-
PlayoffsThe biggest contender for the 6th spot Wildcard is Baltimore. Jets have it locked up as a 5th seed.
Baltimore is 8-4, Cleveland is 5-7. Browns are 3 games back with 4 left to play. One would think that the Browns have absolutely no chance at overcoming a 3 game deficit. But they do.
Baltimore's remaining schedule is very difficult. Browns is incredibly easy.
Baltimore must play their next game at houston for Monday night football where is a must win game for Houston. Houston is solid team and better than their record indicates and will play their asses off. This could be a L for Ravens.
Baltimore's next game is home for the Saints, who are playing as good as anybody right now. Potential L for Ravens.
The following game is home for Cleveland who is a favorite to be 7-7 at this point. This will be the battle for the wildcard right here. We are much imporved from the earlier loss in the season where we only lost by a td. Give the ravens a a L here.
Baltimore is then home for Cinci where i will give them a W.
Browns OTOH have 3 cupcakes remaining. Bills, Bengals, and STEELERS.
Now there are no cupcakes in the NFL, and you can't take a single game for granted. But, other than carolina, who in the league would you rather face in back to back weeks than the Buffalo Bills and Cincinatti Bengals. We should win these two games.
This puts us at 7-7 against Baltimore. Very tough game. Can we pull out the win at home? Definitely.
The last week will be a win since steelers will be resting their players. Pitt will clinch up the number 2 spot in the AFC. They have nothing to play for. They can't get the one spot because Pats already beat them earlier in the year. They wont get the #3 because their record will be much better than the winner of the AFC South or the AFC West.
Pitt will be soft while Browns will be playing for thier whole season. Give Browns the W.
I believe the Browns have a good chance of finishing 9-7 and Baltimore also finsihing 9-7.
The question comes down to will we win the tiebreak? Yes becasue we will have the better divisional record!
Keys for this to happen:
1. we must win every week. We have a soft schedule so its not impossible and we pay good hard nosed football and manufacture wins.
2. Ravens must lose these next two weeks. If they drop a MNF game to the texans in texas (possible) and drop a home game to the saints (probable) then the Browns control our own destiny.
3. Steelers Must keep WINNING! WE need them to have clinched a #2 spot in the AFC so they rest their players in week 17 and have no incentive to play for.
it's something to root for.
The Raiders, Dolphins, Colts and Chargers all have a better record than the Browns also, so we need to add losses to each of those teams in this crazy scenerio.
But I'm game...
Go Browns!!
Go Texans!
-
New Nickname for McCoyColt .45
Hopefully after this weekend it will be Colt 4-5. He'll actually be 3-1, but 4-5 as a team in which he will HAVE to remain the starter registering wins against 3 playoff teams in a row.
-
New Nickname for McCoySeems to me that his name alone says it all..."Colt" is young, energetic, and he represents the future. In addition, it's just 1 syllable that's easy for all to spell.
That's good enough for me.
Mike
Maybe, but some of us aren't as edumacted as the rest of ya and could use a dumbed down name instead of Kolt. Where would I be without MoMass' nickname?
-
New Nickname for HILLISListening to his interviews he sounds like a religious fellow, so how about "Satan hatin' Peyton" Hillis. just kidding, unless someone likes it.

-
Browns history trivia for StanI won't answer anything, I will give Stan the 1st go at it. I do however want to pose a bonus question for him...
During the 1986 season Bernie Kosar started 16 games at QB for the Browns, who was the Browns starting QB that season?
-
Jets vs BrownsHillis is a beast, but you need to be scared of our D line. Rbs don't get a lot of yards against us and they have to fight for every one of them. If you think our team doesn't want to face you on Sunday, then you don't know Rex at all. Rex has brought this team a confidence that has long been missing. He and all his players, will play anybody, anywhere at anytime.
Don't know what Hillis will do against the Jets. He had a deep thigh bruise and a groin pull during the Steelers/Saints weeks that really slowed him down and he had to get rotated out of the lineup after nearly every run. He is a big back, but his vision is awesome and he is quick and agile. If the Jets D-line does push around the Browns offensive line Hillis will still fall forward for a few yards.
Pats fans said he wouldn't be successful because they handle big backs well... they may have been right about their defense but they were wrong about Hillis. He isn't a straight ahead big back that just runs off guard every run.
If the Jets stop Hillis for say 16 carries for 45 yards the Browns will have a hard time winning. I don't think that will happen, I see more like 23 carries for 90 yards and his weekly TD.
I think the Browns score about 20 if they don't get any big turnovers from their defense.
The question is will the Jets passing attack with their quality recievers have a big game. I think they will set up a couple TD's for the Jets.
I think it will be a close game if both teams show up and Hillis stays healthy, and turnovers might be the deciding factor.
-
Predict the score/stats Pats @ CLEBrowns 73-0
Mostly because I don't want to win and have to pay shipping on the prizes.
Honestly, we are playing better and realistically i'd put the final at around 27-17 Pats.
But, i'm a homer and I will predict a score with the best case scenerio in mind and say Browns win 20-10. Defense steps up again. Colt throws for one TD and Hillis finishes off another drive with a short TD Run.
Total yards
Pats: 389 (329 passing)
Browns: 293 (211 passing)
Player of the game: Ward with a recovered fumble and a pick.
-
WHO DATcanton said he pretty up his girl and drive her down to gippers house so she can blow him
his "girl"...
careful what you wish for!
j/k Canton, enjoy life and football I suspect the Saints will still roll into the playoffs.
-
Alex Mack Calls Out HarrisonPointing out most of the players in the NFL disagree with what this board thinks is whining? I will make 3 times as much money as you if I open up a school in Cleveland.
Okay Dr. can you help me with this feeling of Deja Vu i'm having?
-
Grading Out the ColtI voted yes.
If he continues to grow, or heck, plays as well as he did today, it makes all the sense in the world to continue to let him start and grow.
I believe he will show more pronounced growing pains going forward as defenses start to gameplan around him, but how cool would it be to have a legitimate quarterback that teams have to game plan against?
Imagine he pans out and does become our franchise qb. Imagine Haden and Ward also reach their potential and grow from what they've already shown and start for the next 7 years. What a great draft 2010 would go down as for us.
Sure it's just imagining, but I like it!
-
Referees....Homotron said:
I DVR all the games. I'll be sure to watch it again, I usually do. I didn't see the "blatant holds" because I don't believe they exist. Sure there is some grabbing and showing all the time but not enough to warrant a call. I also didn't think the officiating was anywhere close to horrible. The Steelers handled the game and now you're grasping at straws. Give it a rest.Saw Roth get tackled from behind twice on Pittsburgh runs to his side, if you go back and look for holds watch for those too!
Also, you obviously see everything through rose colored glasses, like almost every fan so don't bother checking back in with your findings.
-
Trash-Talk Thread for Browns & Steeler fansSame old whining. Come up with new stuff. It never stuck and never will.
So are you whining about someone whining?
-
BREAKING NEWS: COLT MCCOY LIKELY TO START SUNDAYHomotron said:
I was talking about the first portion. Wallace and a healthy Hillis, I'd wager the results are exactly the same. We won our first 4 games without much offense. We have the offense now. I know it's any given Sunday and respect must be given to this Rivalry but when it all boils down the Steelers are about to get xxxxing nasty.Also you said "No Polamalu, no Aaron Smith. A hurt James Harrison. You weren't playing this defense last year. You are playing THE DEFENSE this year. Big Difference."
Soooo, the Steelers without certain players makes a difference but the Browns (or probably any other team) the results are the same?
You can't have your Kate and Edith too.