tiamat63
Posts
-
2026 Run The 9 thread. Your Offense, Defense & Personnel Analysis. -
The Browns Board Lives: New Owner, New System, Same DataDamn... I thought something looked different when I logged in.
Nicely done, the board looks fantastic!
-
2026 Run The 9 thread. Your Offense, Defense & Personnel Analysis. -
The Official Browns vs Panthers Game 3 ThreadMike Evans should be in the Hall of Fame in Canton TODAY with what he's done to propel mediocre QBs into looking like world-beaters.
Purdy is far from mediocre.
IDL will need long term evaluation.
DPR is absolutely a consideration
Agreed on CB & Watson
RT Will also be a high need
-
Jared VerseVerse hasn't been generating as much purely off the edge. So Coach Rut found some new ways to get him involved - mostly using him to set picks on stunts. It's a selfless job, but one he generated a few pressures on even when he isn't the 'point man' setup to do so.
He isn't prime Myles, but this front is working together collectively MUCH better these past couple weeks. The bulk of our pressures have been from the interior work. There's certainly nothing wrong with that provided we get even average play on the edge.
-
The Official Browns vs Panthers Game 3 ThreadAt this point I'd prefer to see Dawand. But this team paid top 10 RT money to Tytus.
Unless he's hurt, he's likely playing. But his biggest weakness in the running game is also Dawands - being the backside cutoff or wash in outside/wide zone.
-
2026 Run The 9 thread. Your Offense, Defense & Personnel Analysis.For those interested in some of the 'why' behind the running game struggles. It's a big long-winded, but hopefully worth it.
-
The Official Browns at Buccaneers Game 2 ThreadI only understood some of this, but l wanted to get your opinion on the O-line thus far and who’s the weak link?
I only watched highlights from the last game, but l tried to zero in on the center Jenkins. He gets help at times, but l thought he looked good.
They look tentative in run blocking, and l suspect that is partly why the rush numbers are down.
Weak link is Tytus Howard so far and it isn't particularly close.
-
The Official Browns at Buccaneers Game 2 ThreadRe: the OL
I'm seeing a bit of mismatch between Coaching Philosophy/preference and personnel. Not all that dissimilar to what I was concerned about with the DL & LB's coming into the season.
Dating back to his time with Georiga and all the way through with Baltimore, coach Monk is been a heavily invested gap-focused play caller in the run game. I'm watching how this OL executes and maintains gap/down/power and I'm not liking it. Where the OL has their better moments are when we work off vertical zones. I don't think the running game issues are solely to blame on QJ or the QB situation, I think we're run into a wall of what our OL's strengths are (their feet) and their weakness (lateral displacement with technique and sheer force)
The nice part is that it's fixable - to an extent. There are a lot of vertical/inside zone structures that can be installed to hit in sort of, what I can only call a 'gap fashion'. Especially against teams that run a lot of odd/mint/tite fronts. I'm of the mind Coach Monk and the rest of the offensive play staff need to start considering IZ as their running game foundation sooner rather than later. That will help create lateral displacement and that vertical separation in the running game we just aren't getting right now with sustainability.
-
The Official Browns at Buccaneers Game 2 ThreadCelebrate the W today - get back to work tomorrow.
Always nice to start out the week in the win column!
-
The Official Browns at Buccaneers Game 2 Thread -
The Official Browns at Buccaneers Game 2 ThreadCan't overcome negative plays.
-
The Official Browns at Buccaneers Game 2 ThreadSomehow still a single digit underdog. That's wild.
-
2026 Run The 9 thread. Your Offense, Defense & Personnel Analysis."Got a name? A kid once called me ' Please, Mommy, not HIM'....
That's how I feel watching Arch.
-
The Official Browns at Jaguars Game 1 ThreadPC, Laptop, Tablet, phone - doesn't matter. You can join from nearly any device.
If you're interested in seeing more of the game, you're welcomed to join us.
Hey, friends. We'll be having one of our community, All-22 film reviews tonight, at 8:15PM EST on the RT9 discord.
discord.gg/bJjgqBjJq
We'll be taking a live, 'rough draft' viewing of the Browns defense vs the Jaguars ; under new DC, Mike Rutenberg and doing some play charting along the way.
This is hosted like a virtual classroom - nothing is needed of you. Join the channel, click on the screen share and that's it.
See you then!
-
The Official Browns at Jaguars Game 1 ThreadSo far I'm not one bit impressed with Rutenberg... This passive sit and wait zone bullshit has to stop..
On Lawrence's 1st 3 throws, including the touchdown, 2 of them were man coverage and only 1 was man match. I haven't had a chance to chart all the vision match zones, but these are defenses that are successful at the highest levels of the NFL (Vic Fangio and beyond)
So man got us burnt early and often because of Jacksonville's clever use of spacing in their motions.
This team plays little "zone" coverage (spot drop) as most of you here would understand it. That really isn't how most zones function in the modern NFL.
-
2026 Run The 9 thread. Your Offense, Defense & Personnel Analysis. -
Tale Of The Tape - Browns @ Jaguars -
Tale Of The Tape - Browns @ Jaguars -
The last dayIf she still technically owns the board im sure she can just ask for another verification code.
^^^ This
edit: If the board can be saved, I would vote a sticky thread in memorial to all our dearly departed TBB posters.