Fact is, Brandon could go 24-of-36 for 398 yards and 3 TDs, 0 INTs with a win next week and then throw 21-of-34 for 293 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs in a loss and you will all say he's the worst QB in the NFL, should be strung up and kicked out of the league.
TishomingoSith
Posts
-
Weeds getting one more week! -
start Campbell^^^ Yes. Think DA against Buffalo.
Weeden just isn't NFL material.
Really, the Browns just aren't very good. Put a decent/good player on a BAD team doesn't make that team do a 180 overnight over even in a season or two.
-
start CampbellYeah, giving up 24 points in the 2nd half....
All on Weeden's shoulders. Hey, get ride of another QB. Brilliant. About as smart as my Bills.
-
Brandon Weeden... From Someone Who Watched Him Play For 3 Year At OsuThere has only been a few, a handful of players I've just loved watching so much at OSU I root for their NFL teams.... my first was Thurman Thomas, which I'll always be a Bills fan at heart. Then was Barry Sanders, but I couldn't really get into rooting for the Lions. Now it's Justin Blackmon at Jacksonville but my favorite of them all? (and this is coming from someone that has watched OSU football for 30+ years)... Brandon Weeden.
He is a once "ever 50 years" type QB in college and I have never in my life seen a quarterback as special as Weeden. Not ever. Not Mike Gundy, not Zac Robinson, not Rusty Hildger, etc, etc.
He was a coach on the football field and had the smarts and the arm to do WHATEVER he wanted including calling his own plays on the field. The first time I saw him play was when I was in the stands at Boone Pickens Stadium on a Thursday Night vs Colorado. Our backup quarterback who was starting in place of a hurt Zac Robinson (now with the Pats?) went 0-for-9 and we were down like 24-3 at the half. The 2nd half the put in Brandon and we go from a horrible team to a freaking bad-ass team with his arm. That game was his first touchdown pass to Justin Blackmon, back corner of the endzone. An amazing pass. We go on to win, Brandon throws for 250+ yards in the 2nd half alone. From then on, with a 70% healthy Robinson, I was rooting for Weeden to play out the season. We lost the Cotton Bowl that year and I have NO DOUBT we would have won with BW starting.
The next year Brandon had the helm and Justin has his breaking year. I've never seen anything like it. He controlled every part of the game, offense... he inspired the defense. He was freaking amazing. Then this past season? I have no doubt OSU should have been playing LSU for the championship and no doubt in my heart, OSU would have won.
I love Blackmon, he's a great kid and his sister goes to school with my oldest daughter. I know their family well... but I'll be rooting 100% for Brandon.
You guys got a leader, a gun slinger the likes of Brett Farve. A pure winner. 33 wins in 3 years as a starter! He's again, just a winner.
Bad points? Not many, he gets to hurry his passes when being pushed out of the pocket. I'm sure that will be a key the coaches focus on and he played his entire career in the shotgun after hurting his thumb, but if you watched the Senior Bowl, he played well under center. Just going to take a little time.
But you guys got a bad ass QB. Next to Luck (who Weeden Beat on the field, and in the stat line) he's the best QB in that draft... better than RG3 (who he ripped up and down the field... score was like 66-3 at one point?)... he beat Tannehill up and down the field and beat Landry Jones (score was 44-3 with 30 seconds to play in the 4th) up and down the field. No QB can say they beat and had better numbers than Luck, RG3, Tannehill and Jones... in one season.
Congrats Brown Fans... you got a winner. Now just go WIN! GO BROWNS!!!!!! GO BRANDON!!!!!