Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
V

Vers

@Vers
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
66
Topics
2
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Hoyer is the reason this season is still in play
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    Good call by OP.

    I was kinda hoping Manziel would beat Hoyer out, but Hoyer is playing lights out. I pffttt at the guy who said Farmer provided Hoyer w/all this talent. Hoyer is making chicken salad out of chicken poop. Well, not quite.........as our OL is playing well and we have 3 good backs. The WRs are dreadful and Hoyer's timing and accuracy are making them look better. Hawkins caused both picks yesterday by terrible route running. He free lances too much. The best appears to be Gabriel. That is kinda amazing.

    Anyway, Hoyer is making good decisions, gets rid of it on time, is an excellent leader, has some guts, improvises, exudes confidence, and is a play-maker.

    I'm on the Hoyer bandwagon.


  • Bryant is Mingo Mingo is Bryant.
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    @nickers said:

    Using him in coverage means he's not he as was billed. It means he's been less than marginal.. Not buying that load of crap... And no. I'm not sorry I feel this way.. He blows.

    No, you blow.

    They put him coverage because he is better at it than Sheard and Kruger. Try reading the comments from Pettine instead of making dumb-ass statements.


  • Gilbert in the first round?
    V Vers
    The Browns Board Cornerback bust

    Timid was one of the biggest busts of all time. He had a ten-cent mind. Dumb as hell. Emotionally weak. Inaccurate. Gutless.

    Biggest mistake we ever made was resigning him to a new contract after it was apparent he was a pussy.


  • Teddy Twatwater...
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    @jrb12711 said:

    Do you even realize how stupid what you said is? Let's start with the fact that you blatantly contradict yourself above. I don't do this on the site often, but let's go down the list of a few recent burnout QB's and their first career starts:

    Jamarcus Russel: 74.2% completion, 225 yds, 1td, 91.3 QB rating

    Brady Quinn: 65.7% completion, 239 yds, 2 tds, 104.3! QB rating

    Matt Leinart: 62.3% completion, 232 yds, 2tds, 91.7 rating.

    Bridgewater first start: 63.3% completion, 317 yds, 98.9 QB rating

    So, Jamarcus Russel had a higher completion% and our pretty boy Quinn had a higher rating than your love child did in his first career start. But please, keep telling me how it's stupid to say making too much out of one start is short-sighted. I'm sure Russell would love having that conversation with you over some purple drank.

    Do you guys major in stupid?

    Where did I mention completion percentage, yards, and qb rating? What the fuck?

    It's called reading defenses pre-snap and reading coverages post-snap.

    Throwing a ton of bubble screens and only having one read doesn't mean you can read defenses and coverages.

    Oh, and DieHard. Fuck you, punk!


  • Teddy Twatwater...
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    I see a lot of middle school logic in this thread. That tells me something.

    I also see many saying "after one game.........." That tells me something else.

    The first comment tells me you are intellectual peons.

    The second tells me that you did not watch him in college. He was the only qb in the draft that read defenses and coverages w/any sort of success.

    He may--or may not--be a great qb, but your reasoning is illogical. I say he has what it takes to be successful. That is not a guarantee, it is called a prediction that was fueled by logic rather than ignorance or middle school-itis.


  • Greco Ranked as #4 OG in the League
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    #54 = Justin Gilbert

    😵


  • Greco Ranked as #4 OG in the League
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    @vers said:

    --Cousins played RG at the beginning of the year because both Lava Man and Pinky were hurt.

    I must have missed that play...

    What play?

    Pinky and Lava both got hurt during preseason last year. That is why Cousins started the first couple of games.


  • Teddy Twatwater...
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    @the-gipper said:

    Akili Smith won his first game as a starter in the NFL too. I think this guy may do just slightly better than Akili Smith.

    I really try and ignore stupid posts like this, but after several of them, I cave in and have to address the ignorance.

    How in the fuck are you going to compare Akili Smith and Bridgewater?

    One was brain dead. The other is extremely smart.

    One couldn't read defenses. The other is a master at it.

    One couldn't read coverages. The other is amazing.

    One held the ball too long. The other makes quick decisions.

    One was inaccurate. The other is accurate.

    Oh wait. They are both black.

    Good call, genius. 😵

    I was very loud on the DawgTalkers board that we should draft Teddy at 4. Heck, I would have traded up for him. He is the most football smart qb to come out in quite some time, even smarter than Luck. It's what separates him from the other chumps. Guys like Manning, Brady, Brees, Ben, Rodgers, Luck, and Rivers come in all different shapes and sizes. They all have one thing in common. They are football smart. So is Teddy.

    The guy is going to be a star.


  • Agnew
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    I disagree and think that Agnew has actually been an asset to our running game.

    He has neutralized many defenders and has blown-up a few [even though that really isn't the goal..]

    One should remember that in a ZBS, the FB does not always lead the RB to the hole.

    I think it was a wise choice to keep Agnew over Gray and that he is one of the reasons our running game is working so well, thus far.


  • The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    LOL Poetic.

    Good to see you again.


  • Greco Ranked as #4 OG in the League
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    A few things:

    --Cousins played RG at the beginning of the year because both Lava Man and Pinky were hurt.

    --Lava Man started the majority of games at RG last year.

    --Pinky got some time there, as well...........but not nearly as much as Lava Man.

    --I was really worried about our guards when I heard we signed Shanny. Lava, Pinky, and even Grecco worried me. I was pissed we didn't go after either Jon Asamoah, Schwatz;s brother, or Beadles. I would have even went after Albert or Veldheer from Oakland.........both would have been good RT's.

    I have to say that I think that Grecco has awed me this year. I got kicked off of DawgTalkers because I told a guy to get a fucking job. Oh my!!! But anyway, I had been praising Grecco each week. He is kicking ass! His seal blocks are outstanding. He is chipping on the double teams and getting to the second level. He is playing great.

    Glad to see I was wrong about him.

    I love the ZBS. When I coached high school, we ran a ZBS. It takes smarter guys. More agile guys. More cohesion. You have to be more technically sound. But man, if you get that, it is far superior to the Man [base] blocking system that most run because their big guys are too freaking stupid and lumbering to run the ZBS. Love the fact that Shanny brought in the ZBS and Grecco is thriving in this system.


  • Wrong About Winn...
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    That was honorable. You probably don't give a damn, but you just gained more respect from me.

    Nothing wrong w/being wrong, my man. You admitted to it. That makes you a bigger man.


  • Brian Hoyer is the reason we're losing...
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    @hoorta said:

    Actually, it would have worked, if West hadn't moved. The Refs weren't aware of the rule, and the play would have stood. As to a HS play-- see below.

    So for the short attention spans, let me remind you the Bengals beat the Browns a few years back on a trick play- (Browns D fell asleep, remember?) And they pulled another one this past Sunday.

    And my 0.02- trick plays have been part of the game since"The Statue of Liberty". If you can get a cheap score using one, more power to ya. Or you want to make onside kicks, fake punts & field goals illegal too? 🙂

    Excellent points.


  • 5 Browns Starting QB’s played in week 3
    V Vers
    The Browns Board Hoyer Manziel Anderson Gradkowski Campbell

    @hoorta said:

    Yes, Mr. Mellon- I must say I was quite shocked seeing Anderson's gaudy qbr. Us Browns fans are betting he can't keep that up. 🙂

    Name one Browns QB since our rebirth who even came close to matching DA's numbers in 2007.

    It's too damn bad the majority had a woody over BQ and bad-mouthed everything DA did. Perhaps if he wasn't looking over his shoulder and having to hear all the ignorant BS that the fans and media spewed, he would have got the job done long term.


  • Mingo
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    Browns: Barkevious Mingo not being asked to rush passer

    Good article and I agree. I know that many people are trashing the guy, but he is doing his job.

    I was pretty shocked that the Browns often put him on the the strong side and Kruger on the weak side. He isn't going to put up good numbers over there and a bunch of people are going to rip on him, but he is a pretty good player.

    I will say that if it were my team, I would utilize Mingo more as a pass rusher. He has the quickness that the others lack.


  • The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    @poeticg said:

    The Good- Hoyer played really well, I like the dynamic with Manziel also. It's really refreshing to see a veteran not like Hoyer in here and helping the young stallion get his legs under him. Hawkins has already been the best FA WR that we've ever had, he's also very young and hungry. He's an absolute magician running routes and his hands are exceptional. We will have a very potent WR group when Gordon returns. We put up a huge fight against Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

    The Bad- We lost. Benjamin has lost his flair and his confidence, a change may be needed at returner. Haden got beat for the winning field goal, although Whitner should have been there over the top to cut him down sooner. Rookie mistakes from both the players and the Coaching Staff.

    The Ugly- We're now 0-2 in the division and although we still have a lot of football left to play we need to get it in gear and turn around our record to keep us in the hunt down the stretch. Penalties, flags and bad calls from the refs- They cannot allow WRs to push off our secondary so consistently and continue to flag us exclusively.

    The Forecast- We have 6 winnable games in a row coming up after the bye week and if we capitalize we could really shake things up in the AFCN.

    Thanks for sticking to the topic.

    Are you the same Poetic who used to be on DawgTalkers or the Browns main message board?


  • Billy Cundiff
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    Not mad at all. It just amazes me how stupid people are or are poorly they evaluate what is right in front of them.

    The first snap was bad. He still almost made it from 50.

    The second kick [that was blocked] had absolutely nothing to do w/him.

    He was excellent last year.

    I don't get the beef, unless you are either completely clueless or have a love affair w/Dawson and are just looking to bad-mouth his replacement.

    And I am not really talking to you. I am talking to all the clueless wonders on this thread who have stated similar nonsense.


  • Billy Cundiff
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    @roycerolls said:

    if you aren't Billy Cundiff then you're fucking him. No other person on the planet could possibly get so jazzed over a horseshit kicker.

    I am not a fag. I am not jazzed. I am just intelligent enough to not blame a kicker for a bad snap and an unblocked defender.

    Look loser...........I can't help if you are too fucking stupid to see what happened. That is your own problem. And frankly, it warms my heart to see so many ignorant people out there. It's less competition on the food chain. You are a bottom dweller. Probably unemployed. My only concern is that I have to support your ignorant ass.


  • Joe Haden got smoked again
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    @d-bone said:

    After 3 weeks, the Browns have the NFL's 31st ranked defense................... Wow.

    Even with that sieve of a unit, we are 2 plays away from being 3-0. Before the season, most of us were stressing the QB and WR positions and didn't even think twice about the D....... Go figure.

    That is very true. Good point.


  • Joe Haden got smoked again
    V Vers
    The Browns Board

    Joe has always been overrated by the fans. Until last year, he never covered the other team's #1 WR. He just played a side. Horton asked him to step up. He did..........somewhat, but he seemed to give up a lot of late plays that were huge in us losing games.

    I think Joe does better against bigger receivers. He is very physical. He gets them off their rhythm. Smaller, quicker receivers give him more problems.

    The new emphasis on not being handsy is hurting Joe. He is not a quick-footed guy. He relies on his hands. This rule enforcement takes away some of his effectiveness, and fortunately, he is getting away w/more than most because of his rep.

    I think the guy is okay, but he isn't even close to deserving the top CB money in the NFL. That is a freaking joke.

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate