Scouting combine, so far
-
If spiller is there at no.7 we need to grab him. A good running game will carry a mediocre offense.
I totally agree with you I just think that running the ball is about attitude and if you commit to it, you'll be successful with almost any back. Because of that, there will be a few dome teams and middle of the road teams that would be willing to trade two picks and a player for a Chance to get Spiller. And considering how much defense is in this draft, the more picks we can get, the better. And we can always get a good RB in the 3rd or 4th round.
-
Tebow can scoot....I was surprised at his off the line torque...Now how that relates to success as a NFL QB is anybody's guess but i think the kid understands that he is basically starting over again and needs to prove himself.....It is obvious he is serious about doing whatever it takes to succeed at the next level.....He get's an A for effort from me...
If anyone has a good source for combine video let me know..Did you know that vegas takes bets on combine events???? Only in America
-
If spiller is there at no.7 we need to grab him. A good running game will carry a mediocre offense.
somewhat agree on picking Spiller.Vikings had a 1,000 yd. rusher the year before they drafted Peterson,but still picked him.If Haden is there at 7 I think you take him,its the best player and biggest need on defense.Ben Tate may be the pick in rd. 2
-
Tebow can scoot....I was surprised at his off the line torque...Now how that relates to success as a NFL QB is anybody's guess but i think the kid understands that he is basically starting over again and needs to prove himself.....It is obvious he is serious about doing whatever it takes to succeed at the next level.....He get's an A for effort from me...
If anyone has a good source for combine video let me know..Did you know that vegas takes bets on combine events???? Only in America
Tebow can scoot....I was surprised at his off the line torque...Now how that relates to success as a NFL QB is anybody's guess but i think the kid understands that he is basically starting over again and needs to prove himself.....It is obvious he is serious about doing whatever it takes to succeed at the next level.....He get's an A for effort from me...
If anyone has a good source for combine video let me know..Did you know that vegas takes bets on combine events???? Only in America
It's just the way the kid is....what you see isn't a act....it is genuine and the way the guy is...I don't think the kid cares what he is paid.
He just wants to have someone want him...and the team that does is going to get the steal of the draft.
That kid is going to be a Super Bowl MVP....as a QB.
As Mooch said....he could play QB for me any day......Chucky has said the same thing.....both Holmgren guys......I bet Holmgren likes his too.
If he is there at our pick in the 2nd, I think there is a good chance we take him.
-
Tebow can scoot....I was surprised at his off the line torque...Now how that relates to success as a NFL QB is anybody's guess but i think the kid understands that he is basically starting over again and needs to prove himself.....It is obvious he is serious about doing whatever it takes to succeed at the next level.....He get's an A for effort from me...
If anyone has a good source for combine video let me know..Did you know that vegas takes bets on combine events???? Only in America
It's just the way the kid is....what you see isn't a act....it is genuine and the way the guy is...I don't think the kid cares what he is paid.
He just wants to have someone want him...and the team that does is going to get the steal of the draft.
That kid is going to be a Super Bowl MVP....as a QB.
As Mooch said....he could play QB for me any day......Chucky has said the same thing.....both Holmgren guys......I bet Holmgren likes his too.
If he is there at our pick in the 2nd, I think there is a good chance we take him.
It's just the way the kid is....what you see isn't a act....it is genuine and the way the guy is...I don't think the kid cares what he is paid.
He just wants to have someone want him...and the team that does is going to get the steal of the draft.
That kid is going to be a Super Bowl MVP....as a QB.
As Mooch said....he could play QB for me any day......Chucky has said the same thing.....both Holmgren guys......I bet Holmgren likes his too.
If he is there at our pick in the 2nd, I think there is a good chance we take him.
If he has a good showing at his pro day, he'll not make to the 2nd round.....I think he goes in the 1st, for sure. I think the Jags get him at #10.
-
Tebow can scoot....I was surprised at his off the line torque...Now how that relates to success as a NFL QB is anybody's guess but i think the kid understands that he is basically starting over again and needs to prove himself.....It is obvious he is serious about doing whatever it takes to succeed at the next level.....He get's an A for effort from me...
If anyone has a good source for combine video let me know..Did you know that vegas takes bets on combine events???? Only in America
Tebow can scoot....I was surprised at his off the line torque...Now how that relates to success as a NFL QB is anybody's guess but i think the kid understands that he is basically starting over again and needs to prove himself.....It is obvious he is serious about doing whatever it takes to succeed at the next level.....He get's an A for effort from me...
If anyone has a good source for combine video let me know..Did you know that vegas takes bets on combine events???? Only in America
Lefevour posted a faster time
He will be available in the later rounds also. I have seen the kid play, I was really impressed with him. I would love to see the Browns draft him -
If the Browns believe tebow or mccoy are franchise QBs they must be taken with the 1st pick. You cannot screw around trying to get additional picks in if the right guy is there.
-
Berry ran a 4.46
Edit: Haden just ran a 4.57
-
berry's official time was a 4.40, haden was slow, but his positional drills were impressive, his technique can make up for his lack of straight line speed
-
I don't think there is a bad pick at #7 but I maintain, I would rather see us trade out and get more picks. There is soo much depth this year and the more picks the better. However, I'm sold on Thomas, Berry, and Haden. Either one would be fine by me.
I don't think there is a bad pick at #7 but I maintain, I would rather see us trade out and get more picks. There is soo much depth this year and the more picks the better. However, I'm sold on Thomas, Berry, and Haden. Either one would be fine by me.
Haden's unofficial 4.57 and 4.60 40..
-
taylor mays UNOFFICIALLY 4.24! DAMN
-
taylor mays UNOFFICIALLY 4.24! DAMN
taylor mays UNOFFICIALLY 4.24! DAMN
he still gets hurt a lot and blows his assignments. he's too risky for number 7 overall.
-
Haden will be re-running that 40 at his pro day, ... he looks outstanding on the various agility drills.
It's hard to believe he runs the 40 that "slow".
Does it change his status if he runs the 4.57/4.6 at his pro day ?
I honestly don't know. But one guy covering the combine says Earl Thomas is the best safety in the draft.
We could trade down, get another 2nd round pick, and still get Earl Thomas.
Oh, THIS draft is going to get crazy.
-
I don't think there is a bad pick at #7 but I maintain, I would rather see us trade out and get more picks. There is soo much depth this year and the more picks the better. However, I'm sold on Thomas, Berry, and Haden. Either one would be fine by me.
Haden's unofficial 4.57 and 4.60 40..
Haden's unofficial 4.57 and 4.60 40..
I'm still not too concerned about Haden's straight ahead speed. If he doesn't get beat a lot, he won't have to run anybody down. So its a damn good thing Eric Wright is fast! Boy, I'm really looking at this as the glass is half full.
His 40 time doesn't do enough to change my mind about him. What it does mean is that he should drop a few spots now. This may allow us to trade down, get some more picks, and get Haden for less money. But we'll see how Heckert and Company handle it. I would rather have Berry anyways. Or as mentioned above, that Earl Thomas kid. I think a safety is more valuable than a CB. They can cover more ground.
-
Just saw this on CBSSportsline.com
02/27/2010 - "I have a lot to prove," Brown said Thursday. "I don't get talked about all the time on ESPN like those other guys because they're from big schools, and I'm from Troy. It's a great opportunity to let everybody see I can make all the throws and hopefully show I'm just as good as they are." Brown said he has talked to scouts from the Browns in Indianapolis, but he has not met with Coach Eric Mangini, team president Mike Holmgren or General Manager Tom Heckert, at least not yet. The Browns are expected to draft a quarterback with one of their 11 picks. One knock on Brown is he has a three-quarter arm delivery, and he doesn't plan to change it. "I've heard media people say it's an odd delivery and it's a problem," Brown said. "I disagree. I don't think it's a problem. The only reason it's different is it's quicker than anybody else's. "It would be a problem if I short-armed it and didn't have velocity, but that isn't the case. I think it's good because it's so quick. Hopefully everybody else agrees." Brown completed 61.7 percent of his passes in 2008 and 63.7 percent in 2009 playing in the Sun Belt Conference. - Jeff Schudel, The News-Herald
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players...w;pageContainer
Interesting.....
-
One of my theories is that we will draft a QB and it will be somebody none of us have heard about. I expect them to grab a system QB with the Jets 3rd round pick that we have. Somebody like the kid from CBS sportsline. I like that he has a strange delivery. I remember some kid out of the U having a strange delivery and it worked out pretty well for us.
PS. This is going to sound like Jon Madden but...duh....duh....Levi Brown? If you want your kid to grow up and be a football player folks, name him Levi. That is a football name. Its on par with Tank Mass or Pyle Hitter. I like the look and sound of this kid.
-
C.J. Spiller...
That is all.

-
C.J. Spiller...
That is all.

C.J. Spiller...
That is all.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cleveland Brown C.J. despoil with moribund pimp struts the pissburgh end zone several times next season.. Oh baby!!!!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login