Skip to content

Joe Freakin' Haden

The Browns Board
58 33 4.7k
  • Holy bejeezus, this kid was all over the field today.

    He was making tackles in space, he was blanketing receivers any time Henne went downfield, and he had yet another pick.

    This is looking like a fantastic pick with each passing week because he is getting markedly better as the season goes on. If we can get someone on the offensive side of the ball (wide receiver) that can have the same type of impact Joe has had then I would say that would be another tremendous selection on Heckert's part.

    Oh, and hurry back Colt McCoy.

  • Holy bejeezus, this kid was all over the field today.

    He was making tackles in space, he was blanketing receivers any time Henne went downfield, and he had yet another pick.

    This is looking like a fantastic pick with each passing week because he is getting markedly better as the season goes on. If we can get someone on the offensive side of the ball (wide receiver) that can have the same type of impact Joe has had then I would say that would be another tremendous selection on Heckert's part.

    Oh, and hurry back Colt McCoy.

    @nw-ohio-brownie said:

    Oh, and hurry back Colt McCoy.

    I agree, however Jake did play pretty decent today and we got our 2nd straight win out of him. Oh, and JOE FREAKIN' HADEN! 😎

  • haden and ward played great and i even saw a little something out of massaqua. but JOE FREAKIN' HADEN!!

  • Joe haden is great. He makes some mistakes but is althetic enough to make up for it. He will only get better.

    here he comes to save the day!

  • Joe haden is great. He makes some mistakes but is althetic enough to make up for it. He will only get better.

    here he comes to save the day!

    @wrrebel said:

    Joe haden is great. He makes some mistakes but is althetic enough to make up for it. He will only get better.

    here he comes to save the day!

    Absolutely. You can tell this kid has some instinct and athleticism to play the position. Didn't hear Eric Wright's name once!

  • He looked great today but i wouldn't give him too much props for the pick. He was toast on that play and Henne just threw a terrible ball. 90% of NFL QBs throw a TD there. Other than that the kid was outstanding.

  • @wrrebel said:

    Joe haden is great. He makes some mistakes but is althetic enough to make up for it. He will only get better.

    here he comes to save the day!

    Absolutely. You can tell this kid has some instinct and athleticism to play the position. Didn't hear Eric Wright's name once!

    @earl34 said:

    Didn't hear Eric Wright's name once!

    I recall him getting one tackle, but thats about it.

  • He looked great today but i wouldn't give him too much props for the pick. He was toast on that play and Henne just threw a terrible ball. 90% of NFL QBs throw a TD there. Other than that the kid was outstanding.

    @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    He looked great today but i wouldn't give him too much props for the pick. He was toast on that play and Henne just threw a terrible ball. 90% of NFL QBs throw a TD there. Other than that the kid was outstanding.

    I suppose you're right about him being toast and not "deserving" but a turnover is a turnover and I thought he recovered nicely. Henne helped, for sure, but Haden still had to get position and catch it. Even if it isn't a pick, Haden was showing us a lot of athletic corner play that really looked like a top 10 pick. That's refreshing.

  • @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    He looked great today but i wouldn't give him too much props for the pick. He was toast on that play and Henne just threw a terrible ball. 90% of NFL QBs throw a TD there. Other than that the kid was outstanding.

    I suppose you're right about him being toast and not "deserving" but a turnover is a turnover and I thought he recovered nicely. Henne helped, for sure, but Haden still had to get position and catch it. Even if it isn't a pick, Haden was showing us a lot of athletic corner play that really looked like a top 10 pick. That's refreshing.

    @earl34 said:

    I suppose you're right about him being toast and not "deserving" but a turnover is a turnover and I thought he recovered nicely. Henne helped, for sure, but Haden still had to get position and catch it. Even if it isn't a pick, Haden was showing us a lot of athletic corner play that really looked like a top 10 pick. That's refreshing.

    I agree with most of what you said except for him recovering. Henne hit him in stride instead of the WR who had 3 steps on him.

  • @earl34 said:

    I suppose you're right about him being toast and not "deserving" but a turnover is a turnover and I thought he recovered nicely. Henne helped, for sure, but Haden still had to get position and catch it. Even if it isn't a pick, Haden was showing us a lot of athletic corner play that really looked like a top 10 pick. That's refreshing.

    I agree with most of what you said except for him recovering. Henne hit him in stride instead of the WR who had 3 steps on him.

    @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    I agree with most of what you said except for him recovering. Henne hit him in stride instead of the WR who had 3 steps on him.

    We'll have to agree to disagree. πŸ™‚ I agree that it was a horrible throw but I'm not going to make that Haden's fault.

  • Now that Joe has played a few NFL games, he is starting to get the swagger, and do the things I saw him do at Florida.

    Joe changes the way teams play offense.

    As good a cover guy as he is, I think the thing that sets him apart is his run support. He knows how to string out plays and run guys out of bounds, and knows how to slip blocks and make tackles.

    Joe isn't a big guy, but Mighty Mouse is as tough as nails.

    As time goes on, he will start turning it in to a half field gameplan for other teams....whichever side of the field he isn't playing.

    That will give us some big advantages.

    Give it a few more weeks of this and teams will look for him and adjust from there.....if it isn't already happening.

  • I still think it's a bad pick, with Clausen and Bryant still on the board how do you draft a CB top 10. He better be the best CB in the NFL to go that high πŸ™‚ ....Maybe he is, Bryant sure would be nice though.

  • I still think it's a bad pick, with Clausen and Bryant still on the board how do you draft a CB top 10. He better be the best CB in the NFL to go that high πŸ™‚ ....Maybe he is, Bryant sure would be nice though.

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    I still think it's a bad pick, with Clausen and Bryant still on the board how do you draft a CB top 10. He better be the best CB in the NFL to go that high πŸ™‚ ....Maybe he is, Bryant sure would be nice though.

    Is this more sarcasm? Clausen?

  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    I still think it's a bad pick, with Clausen and Bryant still on the board how do you draft a CB top 10. He better be the best CB in the NFL to go that high πŸ™‚ ....Maybe he is, Bryant sure would be nice though.

    Is this more sarcasm? Clausen?

    @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    Is this more sarcasm? Clausen?

    Hopefully it is, because I am tired of trying to say that Haden is still a good pick. Peoples problem is all the money he is getting, well he's getting money and he is playing good. Deal with it because I highly doubt that if he goes to a pro bowl next year, or keeps on get the INT's this year and wins DROY that anyone is going to be saying that he is a bust.

  • Now that Joe has played a few NFL games, he is starting to get the swagger, and do the things I saw him do at Florida.

    Joe changes the way teams play offense.

    As good a cover guy as he is, I think the thing that sets him apart is his run support. He knows how to string out plays and run guys out of bounds, and knows how to slip blocks and make tackles.

    Joe isn't a big guy, but Mighty Mouse is as tough as nails.

    As time goes on, he will start turning it in to a half field gameplan for other teams....whichever side of the field he isn't playing.

    That will give us some big advantages.

    Give it a few more weeks of this and teams will look for him and adjust from there.....if it isn't already happening.

    @ballpeen said:

    Now that Joe has played a few NFL games, he is starting to get the swagger, and do the things I saw him do at Florida.

    Joe changes the way teams play offense.

    As good a cover guy as he is, I think the thing that sets him apart is his run support. He knows how to string out plays and run guys out of bounds, and knows how to slip blocks and make tackles.

    Joe isn't a big guy, but Mighty Mouse is as tough as nails.

    As time goes on, he will start turning it in to a half field gameplan for other teams....whichever side of the field he isn't playing.

    That will give us some big advantages.

    Give it a few more weeks of this and teams will look for him and adjust from there.....if it isn't already happening.

    Yep, couldn't agree more with every word. The swagger, confidence - whatever you call it - is there. Like you mentioned, that was a big part of his game with the Gators and Haden didn't look at all comfortable early this year. That's changed, and quickly. There's growth to be had, no doubt, but the kid has been pretty damn terrific.

    Beanpot

  • You just have to love the way Haden tackles. VERY solid fundamentals. Maybe he should run the tackling drills.

    What surprised me was when I saw a "box" of the game & he had 4 tackles, 1 assist, & an int. I would have SWORN he had more tackles, but whatever the count, he had a great game.

    Mike

  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    I still think it's a bad pick, with Clausen and Bryant still on the board how do you draft a CB top 10. He better be the best CB in the NFL to go that high πŸ™‚ ....Maybe he is, Bryant sure would be nice though.

    Is this more sarcasm? Clausen?

    @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    Is this more sarcasm? Clausen?

    judge for yourself

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15033

  • You just have to love the way Haden tackles. VERY solid fundamentals. Maybe he should run the tackling drills.

    What surprised me was when I saw a "box" of the game & he had 4 tackles, 1 assist, & an int. I would have SWORN he had more tackles, but whatever the count, he had a great game.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    You just have to love the way Haden tackles. VERY solid fundamentals. Maybe he should run the tackling drills.

    What surprised me was when I saw a "box" of the game & he had 4 tackles, 1 assist, & an int. I would have SWORN he had more tackles, but whatever the count, he had a great game.

    Mike

    Me and my roommate said the same thing to each other. We were so sure that he had more tackles that we actually checked both espn and nfl.com. If you think about it though his guy wasn't catching balls because he was either knocking them out of the air of just straight out catching them. He had one special team tackle and the rest were him taking out Browns/Williams legs on the outside run.

  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    judge for yourself

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15033

    That's the thread I was looking for! All's quite in camp shep now....finally.

    Kid shows up....balls skills AND can tackle. Take note EW....this is how u play the position.

  • He looked great today but i wouldn't give him too much props for the pick. He was toast on that play and Henne just threw a terrible ball. 90% of NFL QBs throw a TD there. Other than that the kid was outstanding.

    @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    He looked great today but i wouldn't give him too much props for the pick. He was toast on that play and Henne just threw a terrible ball. 90% of NFL QBs throw a TD there. Other than that the kid was outstanding.

    Capitalizing on the opponents mistakes counts as props to me, if wright or elam were covering there instead of haden it would have been 6 points or at best a lucky bat down..

    Yep being a little lucky and both opportunistic and capable of seizing the moment count to me! πŸ˜‰