Skip to content

If you had a QB Draft

The Browns Board
73 23 3.6k
  • In other words, you are pretending that all of these guys are in their prime and on a level playing field? I can see where you are coming from but I am not sure that was the point of this exercise.

    ETA: Palmer still doesn't qualify. 😛

  • In other words, you are pretending that all of these guys are in their prime and on a level playing field? I can see where you are coming from but I am not sure that was the point of this exercise.

    ETA: Palmer still doesn't qualify. 😛

    @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    I can see where you are coming from but I am not sure that was the point of this exercise.

    I'm not sure either, it doesn't specify. You could make a hundred different list's based on different factors, so I just eliminated the factors. If everyone of them had the same team, that is how I feel they would rank

  • for me and the QB's Rodgers, Rivers and Roflberger, that's a hard 4-6 to rank. I personally think Rivers has the most talent, Rodgers is the most complete, and I hate to admit it but Big Ben has the knack for winning games and getting it done. It all depends what you want to use to say which one is "better". I don't necessarily think saying Ben has the rings makes him "better", because I seriously believe if Rivers had the teams ben had he might be wearing a ring or two himself. I'd definitely say they are 4-6 though, and I pretty much agree with most of the lists here. I think Matt Ryan is a lot better than people give him credit for.

  • Any of you guys watching Sanchez shine tonight?

  • 1.Brady

    2.Manning

    3.Brees

    4.Rodgers

    5.Rivers

    6.Vick

    7.Ryan

    8.Schaub

    9.Eli Manning

    10.The Rapist

    11.Bradford

    12.Favre

    13.Romo

    14.Stafford (hes on one of the worst teams but i see him doing big things if he could stay healthy)

    Im going based on if i had to build a team what QB would i take in this is pretty much the order

    Also not sold on The Dirty Sanchez so glad we passed on him

  • for me and the QB's Rodgers, Rivers and Roflberger, that's a hard 4-6 to rank. I personally think Rivers has the most talent, Rodgers is the most complete, and I hate to admit it but Big Ben has the knack for winning games and getting it done. It all depends what you want to use to say which one is "better". I don't necessarily think saying Ben has the rings makes him "better", because I seriously believe if Rivers had the teams ben had he might be wearing a ring or two himself. I'd definitely say they are 4-6 though, and I pretty much agree with most of the lists here. I think Matt Ryan is a lot better than people give him credit for.

    @jrb12711 said:

    for me and the QB's Rodgers, Rivers and Roflberger, that's a hard 4-6 to rank. I personally think Rivers has the most talent, Rodgers is the most complete, and I hate to admit it but Big Ben has the knack for winning games and getting it done. It all depends what you want to use to say which one is "better". I don't necessarily think saying Ben has the rings makes him "better", because I seriously believe if Rivers had the teams ben had he might be wearing a ring or two himself. I'd definitely say they are 4-6 though, and I pretty much agree with most of the lists here. I think Matt Ryan is a lot better than people give him credit for.

    Rivers is the biggest damn baby int he NFL. He routinely has oodles of talent around him and still finds a way to cry his way out of games and it's not like that defense is or has been putrid. It's been pretty solid over the years. Ben is easily the best QB out of that draft class and Steeler fan or not I don't understand the love affair with Rivers. Starting a franchise tomorrow you want a QB that is going to lead his team and win the close games. Rivers isn't that guy and really is a baby. I've never viewed him as a "leader" and as you, yourself mention Ben wins football games. He's a gamer and there isn't a QB in the league I'd rather have under center.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    for me and the QB's Rodgers, Rivers and Roflberger, that's a hard 4-6 to rank. I personally think Rivers has the most talent, Rodgers is the most complete, and I hate to admit it but Big Ben has the knack for winning games and getting it done. It all depends what you want to use to say which one is "better". I don't necessarily think saying Ben has the rings makes him "better", because I seriously believe if Rivers had the teams ben had he might be wearing a ring or two himself. I'd definitely say they are 4-6 though, and I pretty much agree with most of the lists here. I think Matt Ryan is a lot better than people give him credit for.

    Rivers is the biggest damn baby int he NFL. He routinely has oodles of talent around him and still finds a way to cry his way out of games and it's not like that defense is or has been putrid. It's been pretty solid over the years. Ben is easily the best QB out of that draft class and Steeler fan or not I don't understand the love affair with Rivers. Starting a franchise tomorrow you want a QB that is going to lead his team and win the close games. Rivers isn't that guy and really is a baby. I've never viewed him as a "leader" and as you, yourself mention Ben wins football games. He's a gamer and there isn't a QB in the league I'd rather have under center.

    Homotron said:

    Rivers is the biggest damn baby int he NFL. He routinely has oodles of talent around him and still finds a way to cry his way out of games and it's not like that defense is or has been putrid. It's been pretty solid over the years. Ben is easily the best QB out of that draft class and Steeler fan or not I don't understand the love affair with Rivers. Starting a franchise tomorrow you want a QB that is going to lead his team and win the close games. Rivers isn't that guy and really is a baby. I've never viewed him as a "leader" and as you, yourself mention Ben wins football games. He's a gamer and there isn't a QB in the league I'd rather have under center.

    I don't think Rivers is so much a crybaby as he is a very arrogant dude. And yea, i'll agree he doesn't have the playoff wins, but there's two HUGE factors you overlooked here. One, yea the Chargers defense hasn't been terrible, but I would never even come close to saying they had a "championship caliber" defense like the steelers have had.

    Secondly, coaching plays another enormous factor when it comes to the playoffs. I have my personal reservations about Tomlin, but big ben got to learn under arguably the best coach of our generation for the early part of his career. Looking at Rivers, he had Marty (I'm sure my fellow fans can tell you a WHOLE lot about him and coaching in the playoffs), and Norv Turner, who also always chokes come that time of year. I think the caliber of the coach in the playoffs is probably the most overlooked factor for teams that end up winning. If you put a gun to my head and made me rank the three, I'd put it like this

    4. Rodgers

    5. Big Ben

    6. Rivers

  • @jrb12711 said:

    for me and the QB's Rodgers, Rivers and Roflberger, that's a hard 4-6 to rank. I personally think Rivers has the most talent, Rodgers is the most complete, and I hate to admit it but Big Ben has the knack for winning games and getting it done. It all depends what you want to use to say which one is "better". I don't necessarily think saying Ben has the rings makes him "better", because I seriously believe if Rivers had the teams ben had he might be wearing a ring or two himself. I'd definitely say they are 4-6 though, and I pretty much agree with most of the lists here. I think Matt Ryan is a lot better than people give him credit for.

    Rivers is the biggest damn baby int he NFL. He routinely has oodles of talent around him and still finds a way to cry his way out of games and it's not like that defense is or has been putrid. It's been pretty solid over the years. Ben is easily the best QB out of that draft class and Steeler fan or not I don't understand the love affair with Rivers. Starting a franchise tomorrow you want a QB that is going to lead his team and win the close games. Rivers isn't that guy and really is a baby. I've never viewed him as a "leader" and as you, yourself mention Ben wins football games. He's a gamer and there isn't a QB in the league I'd rather have under center.

    Homotron said:

    Rivers is the biggest damn baby int he NFL. He routinely has oodles of talent around him and still finds a way to cry his way out of games and it's not like that defense is or has been putrid. It's been pretty solid over the years. Ben is easily the best QB out of that draft class and Steeler fan or not I don't understand the love affair with Rivers. Starting a franchise tomorrow you want a QB that is going to lead his team and win the close games. Rivers isn't that guy and really is a baby. I've never viewed him as a "leader" and as you, yourself mention Ben wins football games. He's a gamer and there isn't a QB in the league I'd rather have under center.

    This is the first year that they have had a top10 defense since Rivers has been with them but their special teams have been historically bad. He is 52-24 with 4 playoff appearances as a starter with some of the best stats that you will see and has been a model of consistency (That is including this year with guys like McMichael, Naanee, Floyd, Crayton, and Ajirotutu). In that same time frame BR is 42-26 with 2 playoff appearances. I'm not sure why you believe he isn't a leader or a winner. He has had 12 4thQ comebacks and 15 game winning drives so the winning close games argument doesn't hold water. Also, I really don't think you want to go into individual statistics. I can assure you, it isn't close. The only argument that Ben comes out on top is Superbowl wins but let's not forget what Ben's performances in those games were like. I think that you are letting your dislike for a QB cloud your judgment of his actual worth.

    So it boils down to " I don't like Rivers and Ben plays on my favorite team, that is why I would take him".

  • Zombo said:

    I would go with one of the young guys (Bradford, Stafford, McCoy) and build around him. I don't want to win one Super bowl, I want to win seven.

    Zombo

    Really you don't want to draft a QB in his mid 30's that probably has 2 to 4 good years left?

    Wow someone actually read the original post.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Im 25 and have probably seen and done more than you ever will Stone. As for football I've watched it and played it since I was a kid and volunteer coaching high school ball in my off time when I'm not deployed.

    Yeah, I know nothing about football.

    And yet you are ranking a proven veteran with multiple superbowls below a rookie that isn't even guaranteed the starting gig on his team? Frankly, the Steeler honks can come off as absurd with some of their claims but you are making them look completely sane by comparison.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Im 25 and have probably seen and done more than you ever will Stone. As for football I've watched it and played it since I was a kid and volunteer coaching high school ball in my off time when I'm not deployed.

    Yeah, I know nothing about football.

    And yet you are ranking a proven veteran with multiple superbowls below a rookie that isn't even guaranteed the starting gig on his team? Frankly, the Steeler honks can come off as absurd with some of their claims but you are making them look completely sane by comparison.

    @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    And yet you are ranking a proven veteran with multiple superbowls over a rookie that isn't even guaranteed the starting gig on his team? Frankly, the Steeler honks can come off as absurd with some of their claims but you are making them look completely sane by comparison.

    I think you meant "below" not over, right?

    Yes, it would be absurd to rank McCoy over BR as a QB in this league. Maybe he simply means he likes McCoy's potential future over BRs. That might be arguable, but certainly not his current ranking.

  • @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    And yet you are ranking a proven veteran with multiple superbowls over a rookie that isn't even guaranteed the starting gig on his team? Frankly, the Steeler honks can come off as absurd with some of their claims but you are making them look completely sane by comparison.

    I think you meant "below" not over, right?

    Yes, it would be absurd to rank McCoy over BR as a QB in this league. Maybe he simply means he likes McCoy's potential future over BRs. That might be arguable, but certainly not his current ranking.

    @the-gipper said:

    I think you meant "below" not over, right?

    Yes, it would be absurd to rank McCoy over BR as a QB in this league. Maybe he simply means he likes McCoy's potential future over BRs. That might be arguable, but certainly not his current ranking

    .

    Fixed, thanks.

  • rivers is the biggest baby

    Philip%20Rivers%20Cry%20Baby.png

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Whoever said anything about ranking the 15 best QB's? The topic of the post was, as is, if there was to be a fantasy draft today who would you pick in your top 15 QB's. I would not nor have I ever picked BR. I do pretty well in fantasy football I think I'll stick to my own methods and stay away from QB's that find 4 game suspensions "routine".

    Plus I don't like the guy.

    Plus it pisses off Homo and Stone to no end which is really why I changed it to begin with. I agree with you on Sanchez, I don't have any idea why I put him on there.

    That's my preference and that's the point of the post.

    Who made you an expert of my opinion? Oh right, you're just some disgruntled xxxxhead with nothing better to do. Got it.

    There is no mention of fantasy football in the OP, FWIW.

    FTR, I enjoy discussing these type of rankings until people show up and take a huge dump in the thread with the sole purpose of ruffling feathers with no intent of adding anything of any value to the subject. It just gets old seeing the majority of threads here degnegrate into a pissing match between juvenile homers who do nothing but throw out hyperbole that they can't possibly believe.

  • OK, please help me settle a bet w/ my friend.

    Let's say there was a QB draft and you're the GM of the Browns. On your big board, who would be your top 15 QB's?

    @texasfight said:

    OK, please help me settle a bet w/ my friend.

    Let's say there was a QB draft and you're the GM of the Browns. On your big board, who would be your top 15 QB's?

    Did you settle the bet? What was it?

    Who's in your top 15?

  • Brady

    P Manning

    Brees

    Rivers

    Rothlisberger

    Rodgers

    Schaub

    Ryan

    Romo

    Cutler

    Vick

    Flacco

    E Manning

    Cassell

    Sanchez

  • mikeyP72 said:

    My original post I believe. I changed it because he was bitching about people underrating BR. If you don't like it, don't read my post. By the way, are you a Steelers fan?

    Browns' fan all of my life. But I am also a fan of the NFL in general and really don't despise any team.

  • Brady

    P Manning

    Brees

    Rivers

    Rothlisberger

    Rodgers

    Schaub

    Ryan

    Romo

    Cutler

    Vick

    Flacco

    E Manning

    Cassell

    Sanchez

    @bunsofsteel08 said:

    Brady

    P Manning

    Brees

    Rivers

    Rothlisberger

    Rodgers

    Schaub

    Ryan

    Romo

    Cutler

    Vick

    Flacco

    E Manning

    Cassell

    Sanchez

    Cutler on top of Vick?

  • @bunsofsteel08 said:

    Brady

    P Manning

    Brees

    Rivers

    Rothlisberger

    Rodgers

    Schaub

    Ryan

    Romo

    Cutler

    Vick

    Flacco

    E Manning

    Cassell

    Sanchez

    Cutler on top of Vick?

    Colt12 said:

    Cutler on top of Vick?

    That is a good question. To me, those two along with Schaub are wild cards.

    Cutler has showed the ability to be top 5 then he goes brain dead and just chucks to the opposite jersey.

    Vick could arguably be #1 with the way he has looked in his brief return but I still remember his inaccuracy as an Atlanta Falcon.

    Schaub certainly has the numbers but hasn't been a proven winner and may just benefit from his offensive system and having the best WR in football to throw to.

  • Colt12 said:

    Cutler on top of Vick?

    That is a good question. To me, those two along with Schaub are wild cards.

    Cutler has showed the ability to be top 5 then he goes brain dead and just chucks to the opposite jersey.

    Vick could arguably be #1 with the way he has looked in his brief return but I still remember his inaccuracy as an Atlanta Falcon.

    Schaub certainly has the numbers but hasn't been a proven winner and may just benefit from his offensive system and having the best WR in football to throw to.

    @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    That is a good question. To me, those two along with Schaub are wild cards.

    Cutler has showed the ability to be top 5 then he goes brain dead and just chucks to the opposite jersey.

    Vick could arguably be #1 with the way he has looked in his brief return but I still remember his inacurracy as an Atlanta Falcon.

    Schaub certainly has the numbers but hasn't been a proven winner and may just benefit from his offensive system and having the best WR in football to throw to.

    I agree, but I do not and will not ever trust Cutler. Some days he will strap up and throw 4 TDs for 350 yards, but sometimes he will throw 150 yards and 3 INTs. Vick has been very successful in his return, but his decision-making is questionable. Did you see the ball he threw to Brent Celek against Chicago? Yes, Celek caught the ball, but he was in quadruple coverage and the ball should not have been thrown.