How about that draft?
-
Shaun Rogers was inexcusably awful this year, with a whopping 16 tackles and 1.5 sacks. The only aspect of our defense that looks promising is the secondary. For a 3-5 weeks, Haden, Ward, and Elam really played shutdown defense... then it all went downhill.
This draft is loaded with D-lineman too. Not to base everything off of ESPN's Scout Inc. but the top 10 players are a good example of the amount of talent at the D-line position in this draft. 6 of the top 10 are D-lineman and only one is under 280lbs:
2. Da'Quan Bowers
Position: DE School: Clemson Grade:97 Height: 6'4'' Weight: 280lbs
3. Nick Fairley
Position: DT School: Auburn Grade: 97 Height: 6'5'' Weight: 298lbs
6. Robert Quinn
Position: DE School: N. Carolina Grade: 96 Height: 6'4'' Weight: 254lbs
8. Marcell Dareus
Position: DT School: Alabama Grade: 96 Height: 6'2'' Weight: 303lbs
9. Adrian Clayborn
Position: DE School: Iowa Grade: 95 Height: 6'3'' Weight: 285lbs
10. Stephen Paea
Position: DT School: Oregon State Grade: 95 Height: 6'1'' Weight: 304lbs
PavingHillis said:
6. Robert QuinnPosition: DE School: N. Carolina Grade: 96 Height: 6'4'' Weight: 254lbs
6'4" and 254?!?! Jesus, how fast does he run the 40?
-
PavingHillis said:
6. Robert QuinnPosition: DE School: N. Carolina Grade: 96 Height: 6'4'' Weight: 254lbs
6'4" and 254?!?! Jesus, how fast does he run the 40?
6'4" and 254?!?! Jesus, how fast does he run the 40?
Although his position in college was DE, he would probably be like a Wimbley OLB/DE pass rusher project. From what I remember he was a pass rusher in college, didn't he get into some trouble and get suspended this year? I don't know why everyone keeps rating him so high? Having not played an entire season, I would expect his stock to fall a bit.
-
I'd be a little more inclined to see if we can pick up a good receiver already in the league; especially if we can't get Green; even if we have to trade a draft pick to get it. That way we can hit the ground running more quickly with veteran receivers. Then draft players that will help shore up some of the other spots we badly need. If a Jones or Blackmon drifts late into the 2nd or 3rd round and you can get them cheap then great.
I have some faith that we'll do the right thing. This past draft was pretty good for us.
-
I'd be a little more inclined to see if we can pick up a good receiver already in the league; especially if we can't get Green; even if we have to trade a draft pick to get it. That way we can hit the ground running more quickly with veteran receivers. Then draft players that will help shore up some of the other spots we badly need. If a Jones or Blackmon drifts late into the 2nd or 3rd round and you can get them cheap then great.
I have some faith that we'll do the right thing. This past draft was pretty good for us.
I'd be a little more inclined to see if we can pick up a good receiver already in the league
I agree with that, but I don't want to settle for an old FA receiver like T.O. who has maybe 1 or 2 good years left.
-
Dallas and Houston are officially 6-10, below us in the draft. The difference from 8th pick to 6th pick could help us nabb A.J. Green! or a stud DL...
I'm just trying to be optimistic

Dallas and Houston are officially 6-10, below us in the draft. The difference from 8th pick to 6th pick could help us nabb A.J. Green! or a stud DL...
I'm just trying to be optimistic

Just what we need to waste another pick on a DL when we have no OFFENSE.....and NO LB's
perfect........
-
Dallas and Houston are officially 6-10, below us in the draft. The difference from 8th pick to 6th pick could help us nabb A.J. Green! or a stud DL...
I'm just trying to be optimistic

Just what we need to waste another pick on a DL when we have no OFFENSE.....and NO LB's
perfect........
Just what we need to waste another pick on a DL when we have no OFFENSE.....and NO LB's
perfect........
Did you read my post at all? I said A.J. Green! He is a WR = offense. If he and Jones are gone (unlikely) but if they are go for a pass rusher... Defense wins championships

-
PavingHillis said:
Out of curiosity, how do 1st round WR's usually fair in their first NFL season? I don't mean to be a downer, but I have a feeling we will lose A.J. Green to Cinci at #3, but if we were to get him, would he be able to make a impact from the get go?since 1990
76 WR have been picked in the first round
22 have made at least 1 pro bowl
14 have made 2 or more pro bowl
since 1990
76 WR have been picked in the first round
22 have made at least 1 pro bowl
14 have made 2 or more pro bowl
Are the 14 included in the 22??
-
trade up.This years 1st next years 1st next years 3rd Cribbs,Wallace,and Rogers to Carolina for 1 overall next year 5th and pick Andrew Luck
-
since 1990
76 WR have been picked in the first round
22 have made at least 1 pro bowl
14 have made 2 or more pro bowl
Are the 14 included in the 22??
Are the 14 included in the 22??
Yes the 14 are included but I am wrong on those numbers my source (wikipedia) was wrong on a few guys.
How it should look
Since 1990
76 WR have been picked in the first round
21 of them have made the pro bowl at least 1 time
10 of those 21 have made the pro bowl 2 or more times
Desmond Howard, Percy Harvin and Koren Robinson each made the pro bowl once (they were included in the numbers above) but made the pro bowl not as WR but as kick returners.
Wikipedia had Roy Williams(1), Terry Glenn(1) and Joey Galloway(0) as being in multiple pro bowls (actual pro bowls)
I had Santana Moss in 2 pro bowls but he was only in 1 he was on 2 all pro teams
-
My question is if there is no season next year do we get another 6th overall pick for the 2012 draft? If so that would be nice for Carolina.
-
My question is if there is no season next year do we get another 6th overall pick for the 2012 draft? If so that would be nice for Carolina.
My question is if there is no season next year do we get another 6th overall pick for the 2012 draft? If so that would be nice for Carolina.
If there is no season next year then the team with the 32nd pick should get the 1st overall, like a snake draft. That would be the only rational way to do it.
-
My question is if there is no season next year do we get another 6th overall pick for the 2012 draft? If so that would be nice for Carolina.
If there is no season next year then the team with the 32nd pick should get the 1st overall, like a snake draft. That would be the only rational way to do it.
If there is no season next year then the team with the 32nd pick should get the 1st overall, like a snake draft. That would be the only rational way to do it.
That might be the most logical way to do it but I would rather us getting another high pick. (either way I would rather have the season be played)
-
If there is no season next year then the team with the 32nd pick should get the 1st overall, like a snake draft. That would be the only rational way to do it.
That might be the most logical way to do it but I would rather us getting another high pick. (either way I would rather have the season be played)
That might be the most logical way to do it but I would rather us getting another high pick. (either way I would rather have the season be played)
Me too. I couldn't stand not having the NFL for a year. And yes, we would like to have two 6th overall picks, but what about the Patriots, Falcons, and Saints? They would bitch about getting screwed in the draft and Goodell would have no option but to resort to the snake draft.
-
That might be the most logical way to do it but I would rather us getting another high pick. (either way I would rather have the season be played)
Me too. I couldn't stand not having the NFL for a year. And yes, we would like to have two 6th overall picks, but what about the Patriots, Falcons, and Saints? They would bitch about getting screwed in the draft and Goodell would have no option but to resort to the snake draft.
Me too. I couldn't stand not having the NFL for a year. And yes, we would like to have two 6th overall picks, but what about the Patriots, Falcons, and Saints? They would bitch about getting screwed in the draft and Goodell would have no option but to resort to the snake draft.
I don't know... I think a lot of people would have a problem giving the defending super bowl champions the first overall pick. Im sure it is in the rule book someplace.
-
Me too. I couldn't stand not having the NFL for a year. And yes, we would like to have two 6th overall picks, but what about the Patriots, Falcons, and Saints? They would bitch about getting screwed in the draft and Goodell would have no option but to resort to the snake draft.
I don't know... I think a lot of people would have a problem giving the defending super bowl champions the first overall pick. Im sure it is in the rule book someplace.
I don't know... I think a lot of people would have a problem giving the defending super bowl champions the first overall pick. Im sure it is in the rule book someplace.
Well, there would have to be 2 drafts. In the 2011 draft you use the original draft order and in the 2012 you completely flip the order and revert to the snake draft.
OR, on a completely different note, they could resort to the lottery, similar to the NBA and just determine the draft order that way. Since there was no past season though, each team would get 1 ball so every franchise has the same opportunity.
-
I don't know... I think a lot of people would have a problem giving the defending super bowl champions the first overall pick. Im sure it is in the rule book someplace.
Well, there would have to be 2 drafts. In the 2011 draft you use the original draft order and in the 2012 you completely flip the order and revert to the snake draft.
OR, on a completely different note, they could resort to the lottery, similar to the NBA and just determine the draft order that way. Since there was no past season though, each team would get 1 ball so every franchise has the same opportunity.
Well, there would have to be 2 drafts. In the 2011 draft you use the original draft order and in the 2012 you completely flip the order and revert to the snake draft.
OR, on a completely different note, they could resort to the lottery, similar to the NBA and just determine the draft order that way. Since there was no past season though, each team would get 1 ball so every franchise has the same opportunity.
I just don't think it is i likely they would give the highest picks to the best teams like that. They may do something like average draft position over the last 5 or so years. Who knows.
-
Well, there would have to be 2 drafts. In the 2011 draft you use the original draft order and in the 2012 you completely flip the order and revert to the snake draft.
OR, on a completely different note, they could resort to the lottery, similar to the NBA and just determine the draft order that way. Since there was no past season though, each team would get 1 ball so every franchise has the same opportunity.
I just don't think it is i likely they would give the highest picks to the best teams like that. They may do something like average draft position over the last 5 or so years. Who knows.
I just don't think it is i likely they would give the highest picks to the best teams like that. They may do something like average draft position over the last 5 or so years. Who knows.
Or another idea would be to do a snake draft per say but keep the original start so Carolina goes 1 and 65. That might be more fair. I did a quick google search and didnt really come up with anything.
-
My question is if there is no season next year do we get another 6th overall pick for the 2012 draft? If so that would be nice for Carolina.
If there is no season next year then the team with the 32nd pick should get the 1st overall, like a snake draft. That would be the only rational way to do it.
If there is no season next year then the team with the 32nd pick should get the 1st overall, like a snake draft. That would be the only rational way to do it.
how exactly is that fair? am i missing something?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login