This One is For WRREBEL
-
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I want him here. Besides his reputation, he is a Browns fan. He would be more passionate about this job than any other candidate we would hire.
I can't believe I am saying this, but...
In Jon we trust.
Mangini was absolutely ecstatic about coaching in Cleveland because of their long term history
Mangini was absolutely ecstatic about coaching in Cleveland because of their long term history
Unlike Mangini, Gruden knows how to coach a football game.
-
Brady Quinn grew up rooting for the Browns to.
Brady Quinn grew up rooting for the Browns to.
Really?? Really your comparing Brady Queen QB to Jon Gruden the coach..
Not even in the same league dude, brady quinn was never named peoples most beautiful people
Gruden gets his haircut every 4 weeks by supercuts his lucky number is 317
-
Brady Quinn grew up rooting for the Browns to.
Really?? Really your comparing Brady Queen QB to Jon Gruden the coach..
Not even in the same league dude, brady quinn was never named peoples most beautiful people
Gruden gets his haircut every 4 weeks by supercuts his lucky number is 317
-
Another garbage thread.
-
Brady Quinn grew up rooting for the Browns to.
Really?? Really your comparing Brady Queen QB to Jon Gruden the coach..
Not even in the same league dude, brady quinn was never named peoples most beautiful people
Gruden gets his haircut every 4 weeks by supercuts his lucky number is 317
Really?? Really your comparing Brady Queen QB to Jon Gruden the coach..
Not even in the same league dude, brady quinn was never named peoples most beautiful people
Gruden gets his haircut every 4 weeks by supercuts his lucky number is 317
Please show me where I compared the two? I was stating the fact that becuase someone plays/works/coaches for the team they like doesn't mean they are any good. Matter of fact I didn't even mention Grudens name now did I?
I just think your pissed off because you THINK I was talking about your boy toy.
-
This is why I make fun of you.
I think hes obsessed with the dude. Im waiting to hear what Grudens morning routine is next.
-
Mangini was absolutely ecstatic about coaching in Cleveland because of their long term history
Unlike Mangini, Gruden knows how to coach a football game.
Unlike Mangini, Gruden knows how to coach a football game.
Then why did he get fired for winning 4 games his last season with Tampa? That's less them Mangini won this year and Gruden had what, 4 years to turn things around after he took Dungys team to the SB? Looks to me like his plan didn't work out to good there.
-
This is why I make fun of you.
I think hes obsessed with the dude. Im waiting to hear what Grudens morning routine is next.
I think hes obsessed with the dude. Im waiting to hear what Grudens morning routine is next.
I thought you would never ask
goes to bed at 11 p.m. and wakes at 3:17 a.m. for a very early morning workout and a few quiet hours at the office. And he doesnt require a lot of sleep.
-
Brady Quinn grew up rooting for the Browns to.
Really?? Really your comparing Brady Queen QB to Jon Gruden the coach..
Not even in the same league dude, brady quinn was never named peoples most beautiful people
Gruden gets his haircut every 4 weeks by supercuts his lucky number is 317
Really?? Really your comparing Brady Queen QB to Jon Gruden the coach..
Not even in the same league dude, brady quinn was never named peoples most beautiful people
Gruden gets his haircut every 4 weeks by supercuts his lucky number is 317
Gruden likes 317 because that is the area code for central Indiana and he knows the alien mothership is landing there to beam aboard the faithful. (why do I have a vision of WRREBEL sculpting a model of a mountain top out of mashed taters?)
WRREBEL if you tell us next what kind and color of undies he wears you best change your screen name to JON's_BOY.

-
Really?? Really your comparing Brady Queen QB to Jon Gruden the coach..
Not even in the same league dude, brady quinn was never named peoples most beautiful people
Gruden gets his haircut every 4 weeks by supercuts his lucky number is 317
Gruden likes 317 because that is the area code for central Indiana and he knows the alien mothership is landing there to beam aboard the faithful. (why do I have a vision of WRREBEL sculpting a model of a mountain top out of mashed taters?)
WRREBEL if you tell us next what kind and color of undies he wears you best change your screen name to JON's_BOY.

Gruden likes 317 because that is the area code for central Indiana and he knows the alien mothership is landing there to beam aboard the faithful. (why do I have a vision of WRREBEL sculpting a model of a mountain top out of mashed taters?)
WRREBEL if you tell us next what kind and color of undies he wears you best change your screen name to JON's_BOY.

That isnt why its his lucky number. stick to the facts! If i cant trust you to know why its his favorite number how do i know u really know what underwear he wears?
-
I think hes obsessed with the dude. Im waiting to hear what Grudens morning routine is next.
I thought you would never ask
goes to bed at 11 p.m. and wakes at 3:17 a.m. for a very early morning workout and a few quiet hours at the office. And he doesnt require a lot of sleep.
I thought you would never ask
goes to bed at 11 p.m. and wakes at 3:17 a.m. for a very early morning workout and a few quiet hours at the office. And he doesnt require a lot of sleep.
Someone reads people.com. You left out the part about Gruden turning into a knife-wielding killer doll at night. Other wuss NFL coaches just suck on their wife's toes at night. When he is in his Chucky alter-ego Gruden runs the South Central LA Offense where knife and uzi wielding players clear the middle of the field for 95 yard quaterback sneaks.
GRUDEN > all.
-
Unlike Mangini, Gruden knows how to coach a football game.
Then why did he get fired for winning 4 games his last season with Tampa? That's less them Mangini won this year and Gruden had what, 4 years to turn things around after he took Dungys team to the SB? Looks to me like his plan didn't work out to good there.
Then why did he get fired for winning 4 games his last season with Tampa? That's less them Mangini won this year and Gruden had what, 4 years to turn things around after he took Dungys team to the SB? Looks to me like his plan didn't work out to good there.
So would you rather have Marty Mornhinweg or Mike Mularkey, who were both failures in Detroit and Buffalo? Mornhinweg only won 5 games in two years and Mularkey won 14 but never took his team to the playoffs.
-
I see where Gruden's dad went to Orange HS. Where did Jon Gruden go to HS?
I think he attended Dayton College, didn't he?
-
I see where Gruden's dad went to Orange HS. Where did Jon Gruden go to HS?
I think he attended Dayton College, didn't he?
I see where Gruden's dad went to Orange HS. Where did Jon Gruden go to HS?
I think he attended Dayton College, didn't he?
Clay High School in South Bend, IN. Started college at Muskingum, finished at Dayton.
College year book lists him as most likely to become overrated NFL coach.
-
Then why did he get fired for winning 4 games his last season with Tampa? That's less them Mangini won this year and Gruden had what, 4 years to turn things around after he took Dungys team to the SB? Looks to me like his plan didn't work out to good there.
So would you rather have Marty Mornhinweg or Mike Mularkey, who were both failures in Detroit and Buffalo? Mornhinweg only won 5 games in two years and Mularkey won 14 but never took his team to the playoffs.
So would you rather have Marty Mornhinweg or Mike Mularkey, who were both failures in Detroit and Buffalo? Mornhinweg only won 5 games in two years and Mularkey won 14 but never took his team to the playoffs.
Can I pick none of the above?
-
So would you rather have Marty Mornhinweg or Mike Mularkey, who were both failures in Detroit and Buffalo? Mornhinweg only won 5 games in two years and Mularkey won 14 but never took his team to the playoffs.
Can I pick none of the above?
Can I pick none of the above?
The point I was trying to make was that everyone is calling Gruden overrated and stuff. But at least he won a Super Bowl, and I have no idea why Holmgren would even consider those guys as head coaches. They both had their chances and fell flat. At least Mangini had a playoff appearance and 2 winning seasons, before he got fired from the Jets.
So this seems to be the checklist:
( ) Pat Shurmur - OC of the Rams for one year, a team that finished 7-9 in the worst division in the history of the NFL
( ) Mike Mularkey - 14-18 in 2 seasons as HC of the BILLS
( ) Marty Mornhinweg - 5 wins in 2 seasons as HC of the LIONS (WINNER)
(X) Jon Gruden (doesn't want to return to coaching this year)
(X) Jim Harbaugh (declined to interview)
( ) John Fox - 1 SB appearance, 3 Playoff appearances, 73-71 record
X - already out of play
I've always supported Holmgren, but this is beginning to look like a train wreck of candidates. What is he thinking?
If he just wants to interview failed HC's, why not call Dick Juron, Steve Mariucci, Rod Marinelli, Brad Childress, Romeo Crennel and Butch Davis
-
Can I pick none of the above?
The point I was trying to make was that everyone is calling Gruden overrated and stuff. But at least he won a Super Bowl, and I have no idea why Holmgren would even consider those guys as head coaches. They both had their chances and fell flat. At least Mangini had a playoff appearance and 2 winning seasons, before he got fired from the Jets.
So this seems to be the checklist:
( ) Pat Shurmur - OC of the Rams for one year, a team that finished 7-9 in the worst division in the history of the NFL
( ) Mike Mularkey - 14-18 in 2 seasons as HC of the BILLS
( ) Marty Mornhinweg - 5 wins in 2 seasons as HC of the LIONS (WINNER)
(X) Jon Gruden (doesn't want to return to coaching this year)
(X) Jim Harbaugh (declined to interview)
( ) John Fox - 1 SB appearance, 3 Playoff appearances, 73-71 record
X - already out of play
I've always supported Holmgren, but this is beginning to look like a train wreck of candidates. What is he thinking?
If he just wants to interview failed HC's, why not call Dick Juron, Steve Mariucci, Rod Marinelli, Brad Childress, Romeo Crennel and Butch Davis
The point I was trying to make was that everyone is calling Gruden overrated and stuff. But at least he won a Super Bowl, and I have no idea why Holmgren would even consider those guys as head coaches. They both had their chances and fell flat. At least Mangini had a playoff appearance and 2 winning seasons, before he got fired from the Jets.
So this seems to be the checklist:
( ) Pat Shurmur - OC of the Rams for one year, a team that finished 7-9 in the worst division in the history of the NFL
( ) Mike Mularkey - 14-18 in 2 seasons as HC of the BILLS
( ) Marty Mornhinweg - 5 wins in 2 seasons as HC of the LIONS (WINNER)
(X) Jon Gruden (doesn't want to return to coaching this year)
(X) Jim Harbaugh (declined to interview)
( ) John Fox - 1 SB appearance, 3 Playoff appearances, 73-71 record
X - already out of play
I've always supported Holmgren, but this is beginning to look like a train wreck of candidates. What is he thinking?
If he just wants to interview failed HC's, why not call Dick Juron, Steve Mariucci, Rod Marinelli, Brad Childress, Romeo Crennel and Butch Davis
Find me the source that says Jon Gruden absolutely won't be coaching in 2011. As far as I know, he has yet to make a decision.
-
The point I was trying to make was that everyone is calling Gruden overrated and stuff. But at least he won a Super Bowl, and I have no idea why Holmgren would even consider those guys as head coaches. They both had their chances and fell flat. At least Mangini had a playoff appearance and 2 winning seasons, before he got fired from the Jets.
So this seems to be the checklist:
( ) Pat Shurmur - OC of the Rams for one year, a team that finished 7-9 in the worst division in the history of the NFL
( ) Mike Mularkey - 14-18 in 2 seasons as HC of the BILLS
( ) Marty Mornhinweg - 5 wins in 2 seasons as HC of the LIONS (WINNER)
(X) Jon Gruden (doesn't want to return to coaching this year)
(X) Jim Harbaugh (declined to interview)
( ) John Fox - 1 SB appearance, 3 Playoff appearances, 73-71 record
X - already out of play
I've always supported Holmgren, but this is beginning to look like a train wreck of candidates. What is he thinking?
If he just wants to interview failed HC's, why not call Dick Juron, Steve Mariucci, Rod Marinelli, Brad Childress, Romeo Crennel and Butch Davis
Find me the source that says Jon Gruden absolutely won't be coaching in 2011. As far as I know, he has yet to make a decision.
Find me the source that says Jon Gruden absolutely won't be coaching in 2011. As far as I know, he has yet to make a decision.
Ask Weasel. He knows everything the guy does before he even does it.
-
I see where Gruden's dad went to Orange HS. Where did Jon Gruden go to HS?
I think he attended Dayton College, didn't he?
I see where Gruden's dad went to Orange HS. Where did Jon Gruden go to HS?
I think he attended Dayton College, didn't he?
Clay HS, South Bend. Hey, it's THE University of Dayton, hate to admit I graduated from there too. Oh, and I had to check his bio on Wiki- was only the backup quarterback on Dayton's Division III football team, which means he wasn't very good. May have to drive down Evanston in the UD ghetto to see if his house is still standing.
And since you're into trivia Gipper- what other REAL FAMOUS NFL personage graduated from UD? (no cheating)
-
Gruden likes 317 because that is the area code for central Indiana and he knows the alien mothership is landing there to beam aboard the faithful. (why do I have a vision of WRREBEL sculpting a model of a mountain top out of mashed taters?)
WRREBEL if you tell us next what kind and color of undies he wears you best change your screen name to JON's_BOY.

That isnt why its his lucky number. stick to the facts! If i cant trust you to know why its his favorite number how do i know u really know what underwear he wears?
That isnt why its his lucky number. stick to the facts! If i cant trust you to know why its his favorite number how do i know u really know what underwear he wears?
Gruden is the perfect fit for this club and i hope he seriously considers coming to cleveland and coaching again..
Holmgren needs to get straight to work on it and not take no for an answer!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login