Skip to content

Change is a coming....AGAIN

The Browns Board
39 16 2.2k
  • D daddybull1 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    The Browns need some playmakers. More importantly this team needs speed and quickness...

    The Browns are about the slowest team in the league.. Their pass routes take sooooo long to complete its no wonder the defenders are always jumping the route...

    As I said before, when selecting players, if all things are equal, take the speed... It's something you can't "coach up".....

    Peace

    T.Dawg

  • @next2nothing said:

    Roth played with his hand on the ground till Miami moved to a 3 - 4. We're going to need DE's who can rush the QB and Roth is that type of guy. He played DE in Iowa too.

    I agree a little bit on Gocong but with him being a guy Heckert made a trade to get, he's most likely not going to get released.

    I can see that with Roth, but at what price? I dont see us paying him a ton..

    besides we have too many white guys in our front seven..

    roth, gocong, fujita and schaffering... sometimes we look like a diviosn 2 team..

    as paul horning said" we need to get the black athlete"

    next2nothingN next2nothing wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @wrrebel said:

    I can see that with Roth, but at what price? I dont see us paying him a ton..

    besides we have too many white guys in our front seven..

    roth, gocong, fujita and schaffering... sometimes we look like a diviosn 2 team..

    as paul horning said" we need to get the black athlete"

    I think we'll be able to come to terms with him. He's showed production since he's been here and I think we really need to lock him down.

    You're forgetting that D'Qwell is a 4 - 3 LB and was really the wrong pick that year. He has never been good as a 3 - 4 LB. He'll be coming back and will be much better in the 4 - 3. Fujita will go back to the outside. Gocong will be serviceable at OLB too. I'd rather have him then slow Bowens and Barton. If we get rid of Rogers, Schaffering could be a good filler at DT for the time being.

    I do agree that we need a playmaker on our front 7 though but I think you're underestimating Roth and Fujita. Gocong is a 50/50 to me but I really can't remember how well he did at Philly.

  • @wrrebel said:

    I can see that with Roth, but at what price? I dont see us paying him a ton..

    besides we have too many white guys in our front seven..

    roth, gocong, fujita and schaffering... sometimes we look like a diviosn 2 team..

    as paul horning said" we need to get the black athlete"

    I think we'll be able to come to terms with him. He's showed production since he's been here and I think we really need to lock him down.

    You're forgetting that D'Qwell is a 4 - 3 LB and was really the wrong pick that year. He has never been good as a 3 - 4 LB. He'll be coming back and will be much better in the 4 - 3. Fujita will go back to the outside. Gocong will be serviceable at OLB too. I'd rather have him then slow Bowens and Barton. If we get rid of Rogers, Schaffering could be a good filler at DT for the time being.

    I do agree that we need a playmaker on our front 7 though but I think you're underestimating Roth and Fujita. Gocong is a 50/50 to me but I really can't remember how well he did at Philly.

    WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @next2nothing said:

    I think we'll be able to come to terms with him. He's showed production since he's been here and I think we really need to lock him down.

    You're forgetting that D'Qwell is a 4 - 3 LB and was really the wrong pick that year. He has never been good as a 3 - 4 LB. He'll be coming back and will be much better in the 4 - 3. Fujita will go back to the outside. Gocong will be serviceable at OLB too. I'd rather have him then slow Bowens and Barton. If we get rid of Rogers, Schaffering could be a good filler at DT for the time being.

    I do agree that we need a playmaker on our front 7 though but I think you're underestimating Roth and Fujita. Gocong is a 50/50 to me but I really can't remember how well he did at Philly.

    why get rid of rodgers now? He is perfect for the 4-3.. Hell lets bring in haynesworth.. schaffering should be used to give guys a blow or as a fluffer

  • @next2nothing said:

    I think we'll be able to come to terms with him. He's showed production since he's been here and I think we really need to lock him down.

    You're forgetting that D'Qwell is a 4 - 3 LB and was really the wrong pick that year. He has never been good as a 3 - 4 LB. He'll be coming back and will be much better in the 4 - 3. Fujita will go back to the outside. Gocong will be serviceable at OLB too. I'd rather have him then slow Bowens and Barton. If we get rid of Rogers, Schaffering could be a good filler at DT for the time being.

    I do agree that we need a playmaker on our front 7 though but I think you're underestimating Roth and Fujita. Gocong is a 50/50 to me but I really can't remember how well he did at Philly.

    why get rid of rodgers now? He is perfect for the 4-3.. Hell lets bring in haynesworth.. schaffering should be used to give guys a blow or as a fluffer

    next2nothingN next2nothing wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @wrrebel said:

    why get rid of rodgers now? He is perfect for the 4-3.. Hell lets bring in haynesworth.. schaffering should be used to give guys a blow or as a fluffer

    Rogers has shown he is only good for maybe 12 - 15 plays a game. He tweeted after our 0 - 3 start this past season that the season was already done. I don't know about you but he hasn't shown that he even wants to be on this team.

  • @wrrebel said:

    why get rid of rodgers now? He is perfect for the 4-3.. Hell lets bring in haynesworth.. schaffering should be used to give guys a blow or as a fluffer

    Rogers has shown he is only good for maybe 12 - 15 plays a game. He tweeted after our 0 - 3 start this past season that the season was already done. I don't know about you but he hasn't shown that he even wants to be on this team.

    WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @next2nothing said:

    Rogers has shown he is only good for maybe 12 - 15 plays a game. He tweeted after our 0 - 3 start this past season that the season was already done. I don't know about you but he hasn't shown that he even wants to be on this team.

    yeah but he is ideal for the 4-3 and is the most talented guy on our dline..

  • @next2nothing said:

    Rogers has shown he is only good for maybe 12 - 15 plays a game. He tweeted after our 0 - 3 start this past season that the season was already done. I don't know about you but he hasn't shown that he even wants to be on this team.

    yeah but he is ideal for the 4-3 and is the most talented guy on our dline..

    next2nothingN next2nothing wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @wrrebel said:

    yeah but he is ideal for the 4-3 and is the most talented guy on our dline..

    I agree BUT if he can't be on the field for long how much of an impact is he really making?

    Plus I don't want one of our most talented players to quit so easily on the team.

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I think a fresh start with a coach who can push his buttons he may work out.

    Let's face it him and mangini dispised each other.. mangini had a rule, no talented players

  • I think a fresh start with a coach who can push his buttons he may work out.

    Let's face it him and mangini dispised each other.. mangini had a rule, no talented players

    BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @wrrebel said:

    I think a fresh start with a coach who can push his buttons he may work out.

    Let's face it him and mangini dispised each other.. mangini had a rule, no talented players

    Rodgers also has a rule... Kiss my big black ass... if you want me to play football ...better pucker up Pat

  • L longhorn wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Rebuilding imples we once had the building we wanted and now we are rebuilding it. In reality we are building.........a big house hopefully and not yet pitching another tent in the middle of nowhere.

  • P peterbell wrote on last edited by peterbell
    #23

    ROGERS WAS A 7 MILLION DOLLAR TURD THIS YEAR..He basically quit on the team..keep him really..

    bring in Haynesworth? ..Lets get Caruth from Cincy who killed his girlfriend..Too many white guys?..WTF

    does that mean? .Are you an afro centrist racist? How about bring in good players with a semblance of character. You're

    getting dumber by the post..good grief

  • ROGERS WAS A 7 MILLION DOLLAR TURD THIS YEAR..He basically quit on the team..keep him really..

    bring in Haynesworth? ..Lets get Caruth from Cincy who killed his girlfriend..Too many white guys?..WTF

    does that mean? .Are you an afro centrist racist? How about bring in good players with a semblance of character. You're

    getting dumber by the post..good grief

    WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @peterbell said:

    ROGERS WAS A 7 MILLION DOLLAR TURD THIS YEAR..He basically quit on the team..keep him really..

    bring in Haynesworth? ..Lets get Caruth from Cincy who killed his girlfriend..Too many white guys?..WTF

    does that mean? .Are you an afro centrist racist? How about bring in good players with a semblance of character. You're

    getting dumber by the post..good grief

    If pete and repeat were on a boat and pete fell off, who is left?

  • @peterbell said:

    ROGERS WAS A 7 MILLION DOLLAR TURD THIS YEAR..He basically quit on the team..keep him really..

    bring in Haynesworth? ..Lets get Caruth from Cincy who killed his girlfriend..Too many white guys?..WTF

    does that mean? .Are you an afro centrist racist? How about bring in good players with a semblance of character. You're

    getting dumber by the post..good grief

    If pete and repeat were on a boat and pete fell off, who is left?

    L longhorn wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @wrrebel said:

    If pete and repeat were on a boat and pete fell off, who is left?

    Jon Gruden?

  • @wrrebel said:

    If pete and repeat were on a boat and pete fell off, who is left?

    Jon Gruden?

    P peterbell wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @longhorn said:

    Jon Gruden?

    Naw..The boat on Gruden sailed along time ago..sorry WRREBEL..hurt you're feelings..BADLY

  • @longhorn said:

    Jon Gruden?

    Naw..The boat on Gruden sailed along time ago..sorry WRREBEL..hurt you're feelings..BADLY

    WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @peterbell said:

    Naw..The boat on Gruden sailed along time ago..sorry WRREBEL..hurt you're feelings..BADLY

    My neighbor has 3 rabbits

  • D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Mangini was simply a fall guy. Holmgren and Heckert both knew what was going to happen and you can tell by the free agent signings last year. We didn't sign any true 3/4 defensive linemen in part because they didn't expect mangini to stick around.

    Now after wasting a year for political reasons holmgren will be asking us for patience saying championship football is on the horizon.

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @junkyard-dawg said:

    Get the xxxx outa here with that racial bullshit.

    Not racial dude... just facts we were slow and white, which go together like peanut butter and jelly

  • How many players typically leave a team from one season to the next? None of this is particularly surprising or insightful. They might let OLD player go? Is this supposed to be shocking?

    Oh ... and I lost respect for the Cleveland sports media in about 1970.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @kshutchins said:

    How many players typically leave a team from one season to the next? None of this is particularly surprising or insightful. They might let OLD player go? Is this supposed to be shocking?

    Oh ... and I lost respect for the Cleveland sports media in about 1970.

    Kathy,

    I agree....Does this mean you & I are showing our age? I may have lost respect for them even before 1970.

    Mike

  • @kshutchins said:

    How many players typically leave a team from one season to the next? None of this is particularly surprising or insightful. They might let OLD player go? Is this supposed to be shocking?

    Oh ... and I lost respect for the Cleveland sports media in about 1970.

    Kathy,

    I agree....Does this mean you & I are showing our age? I may have lost respect for them even before 1970.

    Mike

    K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @canton-mike said:

    Kathy,

    I agree....Does this mean you & I are showing our age? I may have lost respect for them even before 1970.

    Mike

    Oh, yeah. I keep waiting for the Browns to offer senior citizen discounts but I'm no silver-haired granny yet.

    It was 1970 when I abandoned all hope of any improvement. Cleveland is such a great sports town you'd think they could do better. Gad.

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Anyone who thinks there is some secret reason why Holmgren did what he did is Retarded. People who think we can just switch our offense and defense to something that our personnel (who were already bad in the systems already in place) are not suited for and expect them to excel in a new system in one year are Retarded. Holmgren gave Mangini another year to prove that his system could work and he ended the season on a really shitty note giving Holmgren enough of a reason to switch to his own system which he has seen alot of success with. A system that we are currently not yet set up to use, a system that WILL take time to get get up and running.

    Everyone who is already calling for the new guy to be fired can go to hell in my book. Same with the ones who will be calling for his firing after one season when he doesn't take the team to the playoffs.

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #33

    im already in hell...its called being a browns fans. close your eyes and imagine all is well, keep sucking at the teet....

    so you choose not to see that holmgren set mangini up to fail? thats fine....but i will not allow this hypocrite fat xxxxing walrus to get his little scheme past me.

    demand results then ask for patience? xxxx him....he wasted a year of football just to let his little plan play out. so this is now year 2 for wally....

    dont like it hillis is boss? go xxxx yourself then.....cause i dont give a damn what u think.