Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Cleveland Attendance

Cleveland Attendance

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
36 Posts 18 Posters 2.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • OSU Kid O
    • 48 Posts
    • 1 Reputation
    O OSU Kid wrote on last edited by
    #1

    WOW was I shocked when I attended the Indians game Saturday and only 9800 people were in attendance and they were lucky if that many were there. Sunday was even worse 8700 what is up with that.

    The GipperT G 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Nw220 N
      • 1k Posts
      • 27 Reputation
      N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I was gonna ask the same thing, i heard them bashing Cleveland on Espn because of there were so many open seats and shit....I dont live in Cleveland but if i did no matter how shitty the Indians were id be there for there Opening Day, Love me some Tribe

      DieHardBrownsFanD 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • O OSU Kid

        WOW was I shocked when I attended the Indians game Saturday and only 9800 people were in attendance and they were lucky if that many were there. Sunday was even worse 8700 what is up with that.

        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
        • 57k Posts
        • 4k Reputation
        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @osu-kid said:

        WOW was I shocked when I attended the Indians game Saturday and only 9800 people were in attendance and they were lucky if that many were there. Sunday was even worse 8700 what is up with that.

        I am not surprised. The Dolans have made a concerted effort to alienate the Indians fan base so they are simply reaping what they have sown.

        They purposely stripped the team of nearly all the talent they had a couple of years back, then expected the fans to support the minor league product they put on the field. The fans are not that stupid and they are demonstrating that fact. If I want to see minor league baseball I will go to an Akron Aeros game.

        1 Reply Last reply
        πŸ‘
        Quote Reply
        • Xanthros XanthrosX
          • 247 Posts
          • 33 Reputation
          XanthrosX Xanthros wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I was gonna say...how much support do you expect the fans to give a FARM team. Thats what the Indians have become, a talent grabber for the bigger teams to make a run at the postseason with. I would assume the owners are more worried about the value of a player than the talent that he can bring to the ballpark daily with. It's sad really. This team has made me stop watching baseball as a whole. They need a salary cap in baseball if they plan on saving "America's Pasttime"...

          Who let the DAWGS out??
          The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • XanthrosX Xanthros

            I was gonna say...how much support do you expect the fans to give a FARM team. Thats what the Indians have become, a talent grabber for the bigger teams to make a run at the postseason with. I would assume the owners are more worried about the value of a player than the talent that he can bring to the ballpark daily with. It's sad really. This team has made me stop watching baseball as a whole. They need a salary cap in baseball if they plan on saving "America's Pasttime"...

            The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
            • 57k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @xanthros said:

            I was gonna say...how much support do you expect the fans to give a FARM team. Thats what the Indians have become, a talent grabber for the bigger teams to make a run at the postseason with. I would assume the owners are more worried about the value of a player than the talent that he can bring to the ballpark daily with. It's sad really. This team has made me stop watching baseball as a whole. They need a salary cap in baseball if they plan on saving "America's Pasttime"...

            Agree. A salary cap and a salary floor...that way the teams are forced to spend any revenue sharing money on an effort to bring in major league talent. If you have to pay the money anyway you may as well try to win. Right now there are large financial incentives for teams NOT to win.....and the Dolan's are exercising their right to use those incentives.

            1 Reply Last reply
            πŸ‘
            Quote Reply
            • slimdawg slimdawgS
              • 541 Posts
              • 49 Reputation
              slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I wish they would just sell the team, that way we have a chance to get a real owner

              !!!!hopefully i'll be alive when it happens!!!!
              1 Reply Last reply
              πŸ‘
              Quote Reply
              • N Nw220

                I was gonna ask the same thing, i heard them bashing Cleveland on Espn because of there were so many open seats and shit....I dont live in Cleveland but if i did no matter how shitty the Indians were id be there for there Opening Day, Love me some Tribe

                DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                • 28k Posts
                • 6k Reputation
                DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @nw220 said:

                I was gonna ask the same thing, i heard them bashing Cleveland on Espn because of there were so many open seats and shit....I dont live in Cleveland but if i did no matter how shitty the Indians were id be there for there Opening Day, Love me some Tribe

                Actually, opening day was sold out. It was the other days that sucked. Why? Because Dolan has destroyed this franchise with his cheap ass.

                "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                1 Reply Last reply
                πŸ‘
                Quote Reply
                • slimdawg slimdawgS
                  • 541 Posts
                  • 49 Reputation
                  slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  ^^^ EXACTLY

                  !!!!hopefully i'll be alive when it happens!!!!
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 9k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    I can remember going to games when Vernon Stouffer owned the team with announced attendance in the 3,000's.

                    I don't care how big Muni was, I still say there would be lucky to have 1500 in the place.

                    Here's the deal folks. Listen good.

                    Dolan doesn't have the big pockets, so if you want a good team in Cleveland, or a team at all, you best try to make 10 games a year.

                    If you are waiting for a winner before you go, really, what kind of fan is that??

                    I understand the frustration, but I see it happening again, and this time the Tribe might not survive.

                    If you aren't buying tickets, you have no room to complain....and that is the bottom line.

                    Hell, I live in Tennessee and am thinking of coming up later this month to catch a weekend series.

                    I can assure you....if I lived inside 50 miles of the stadium, I'd go to 20-25 games a year minimum.

                    How many people live in the greater Cleveland area these days....say inside 40 miles?? 1.5 mil??

                    2-3 games each(adults) would solve the Tribes cash woes, so if you are waiting for a winner before you go, just put on your bandwagon tee-shirt as far as I am concerned.

                    If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                      • 4k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      'Peen,

                      Normally you & I are in agreement, but not on this one. Dolan bought a team on a record string of sellouts with a SOLID track record of winning & fans buying Tribe gear like it was going out of style. He almost immediately cut payroll, let our good players leave & THEN had the nerve to say he would start spending money when the fans did. In other words, spend top dollar for an inferior product! Not this boy....I don't have money to waste & won't buy another Tribe ticket until he sells the team to a REAL owner. If he didn't have the money & competitive pride to do his best to field a contender, he should not have made the purchase. With the Browns and yes, the Cavs, I see owners really trying to bring winners to Cleveland. I don't see that resolve from Dolan.

                      End of my rant.

                      Mike

                      INΒ DORSEY I TRUST
                      ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
                      πŸ‘
                      Quote Reply
                      • Nw220 N
                        • 1k Posts
                        • 27 Reputation
                        N Nw220 wrote on last edited by Nw220
                        #11

                        I was curious on what the situation was because i know we still sell out the Q and we were pretty pathetic this year....I dont really follow baseball like i do Football but i always root for the Tribe and was wondering why there games didnt sell out like the other teams...But i guess i understand now and i dont expect fans to attend the games when they let C.C. Sabbatha and Cliff Lee get away from the franchise...

                        Baseball really needs a salary cap to make it a more comptietive league, Red Sox and Yankees buy all the players they want and it seems to be okay i really dont understand it

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                          • 14k Posts
                          • 5k Reputation
                          nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Dolan tries to run the team on a Mom n Pop budget and flounders...not a good recipe in My book...Sell the team to Dan Gilbert for fukk sake!

                          Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          πŸ‘
                          Quote Reply
                          • ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 100 Reputation
                            ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Did anyone else see that the dress like a green seat promotion worked tonight?

                            once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
                            S 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Browns B
                              • 438 Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              B Browns wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              They ran a promotion tonight. It was a invisible fan promotion. It worked out really well

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
                                • 4k Posts
                                • 139 Reputation
                                ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Big Talking Homo Southerns ... come on up and attend a Baseball game in fridgid rain with snow still lingering. Screw baseball in the 'winter'.

                                ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife

                                  Did anyone else see that the dress like a green seat promotion worked tonight?

                                  SJ_Browns S
                                  • 1k Posts
                                  • 12 Reputation
                                  S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @clevelandfanforlife said:

                                  Did anyone else see that the dress like a green seat promotion worked tonight?

                                  πŸ˜†

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

                                    'Peen,

                                    Normally you & I are in agreement, but not on this one. Dolan bought a team on a record string of sellouts with a SOLID track record of winning & fans buying Tribe gear like it was going out of style. He almost immediately cut payroll, let our good players leave & THEN had the nerve to say he would start spending money when the fans did. In other words, spend top dollar for an inferior product! Not this boy....I don't have money to waste & won't buy another Tribe ticket until he sells the team to a REAL owner. If he didn't have the money & competitive pride to do his best to field a contender, he should not have made the purchase. With the Browns and yes, the Cavs, I see owners really trying to bring winners to Cleveland. I don't see that resolve from Dolan.

                                    End of my rant.

                                    Mike

                                    ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 9k Posts
                                    • 2k Reputation
                                    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @canton-mike said:

                                    'Peen,

                                    Normally you & I are in agreement, but not on this one. Dolan bought a team on a record string of sellouts with a SOLID track record of winning & fans buying Tribe gear like it was going out of style. He almost immediately cut payroll, let our good players leave & THEN had the nerve to say he would start spending money when the fans did. In other words, spend top dollar for an inferior product! Not this boy....I don't have money to waste & won't buy another Tribe ticket until he sells the team to a REAL owner. If he didn't have the money & competitive pride to do his best to field a contender, he should not have made the purchase. With the Browns and yes, the Cavs, I see owners really trying to bring winners to Cleveland. I don't see that resolve from Dolan.

                                    End of my rant.

                                    Mike

                                    I know we do, and this is more a point of view then it is agree or disagree, so all is cool here.

                                    I guess my only point is driving the guy further in debt to make a point doesn't seem to be the way to get a better team.

                                    JMO

                                    If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

                                      Big Talking Homo Southerns ... come on up and attend a Baseball game in fridgid rain with snow still lingering. Screw baseball in the 'winter'.

                                      ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 9k Posts
                                      • 2k Reputation
                                      ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
                                      #18

                                      @atenears said:

                                      Big Talking Homo Southerns ... come on up and attend a Baseball game in fridgid rain with snow still lingering. Screw baseball in the 'winter'.

                                      I guess you are talking to me since I am the only southerner on this thread unless you are including Canton as a southern city.

                                      I said over the course of the season. No doubt baseball starts too early. Especially in a stadium without a dome, in a climate that is cold 9-10 months of the year.

                                      "Let's build a outdoor stadium on the shores of a Great Lake where the weather is unpredictable and cold most of the year."

                                      When I come up for a couple of games this year, I expect to see your ass sitting next to me where we can watch and talk baseball.

                                      If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 5k Posts
                                        • 1k Reputation
                                        jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        I mean I see both sides of the argument here. I know Paul Dolan isn't necessarily a wealthy owner, but come on. He can't expect to not stretch his budget and take a chance to support fans coming to the ball park. Peen, I love the tribe and watch them every night. I live in NC, but if I lived in Cleveland I wouldn't be going to games often. Baseball is extremely unique in that you can spend as much as you want to build your team. Cleveland is NOT a small market team, yet our payroll is $50 million. I know it goes both ways, but that old saying rings true: gotta spend money to make money. Oh, how I think what our team could be if Dolan was aggressive and paid people. C.C, cliff Lee come to mind..

                                        Bottom line, we're slowly turning into the pirates. We actually get good talent, but trade em away and keep losing.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 9k Posts
                                          • 2k Reputation
                                          ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          Trust me, I see both sides as well.

                                          I just don't see how boycotting the team or taking in a token game or two is going to solve anything.

                                          If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                          jrb12711J 1 Reply Last reply
                                          πŸ‘
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate