#4 #22
-
so tired about hearing the qb is what we need its not even sure RG3 will be coming out this year then what, what are we going to do if he dont come out we arent trading the farm away for luck that would be stupid
so tired about hearing the qb is what we need its not even sure RG3 will be coming out this year then what, what are we going to do if he dont come out we arent trading the farm away for luck that would be stupid
You think RG3 will stay in college when his stock is so high there's talk about people trading up to the 2nd spot to get him? Barkely was hoping to be the 1st overall pick next year so he stayed back and Landry just needs time to get better so he made the right choice for his long term career, but nobody in their right mind stays back when they're stock is pretty much maxed out.
-
RG3 and Colt McCoy are the same. Colt is IMO better than RG3... why would you want to spend the number 4 overall pick of the Draft to draft a guy you already have on the team? In fact, it may even be a downgrade to what you already have... but seems as how this FO released Vickers and signed Marecic, I see how you'd come to the conclusion we take RG3

RG3 and Colt McCoy are the same. Colt is IMO better than RG3... why would you want to spend the number 4 overall pick of the Draft to draft a guy you already have on the team? In fact, it may even be a downgrade to what you already have... but seems as how this FO released Vickers and signed Marecic, I see how you'd come to the conclusion we take RG3

Well, the world disagrees with you. Every GM in the league who makes a living scouting these players thinks RG3 is better than Colt. That is why Griffen is projected to go as high as 2nd and Colt made it to the 3rd round. When you evaluate a player who look at their skill set as it could relate to the NFL. McCoy didn't have that skill set, he was a "winner" and all that BS. I said before he was drafted that we're wasting a pick. I said that his ceiling was a decent playoff caliber QB if we surround him with pro bowl talent. But he's never going to be a game changer. He'd have shown it by now if he was. RG3 will be a difference maker and he'll be a guy who will win games for you. Then when you surround him with talent is when he becomes elite and the team becomes elite. You don't have that now and there's nothing you can say that would justify that opinion.
-
jparsh, haven't you realized that the people on this forum enjoy being 3-13?
-
jparsh, haven't you realized that the people on this forum enjoy being 3-13?
-
RG3 and Colt McCoy are the same. Colt is IMO better than RG3... why would you want to spend the number 4 overall pick of the Draft to draft a guy you already have on the team? In fact, it may even be a downgrade to what you already have... but seems as how this FO released Vickers and signed Marecic, I see how you'd come to the conclusion we take RG3

RG3 and Colt McCoy are the same. Colt is IMO better than RG3... why would you want to spend the number 4 overall pick of the Draft to draft a guy you already have on the team? In fact, it may even be a downgrade to what you already have... but seems as how this FO released Vickers and signed Marecic, I see how you'd come to the conclusion we take RG3

Oh, I'm not sold on Griffin- but it sure isn't because he lacks the physical skill set to succeed in the NFL.
Griffin and McCoy are NOT the same. McCoy is mobile, Griffin has upper echelon WR track speed. McCoy's arm strength is barely adequate, Griffin has a rocket launcher arm- I'd even posit he puts a tad more zip on the ball than even Andrew Luck.
-
RG3 and Colt McCoy are the same. Colt is IMO better than RG3... why would you want to spend the number 4 overall pick of the Draft to draft a guy you already have on the team? In fact, it may even be a downgrade to what you already have... but seems as how this FO released Vickers and signed Marecic, I see how you'd come to the conclusion we take RG3

RG3 and Colt McCoy are the same. Colt is IMO better than RG3... why would you want to spend the number 4 overall pick of the Draft to draft a guy you already have on the team? In fact, it may even be a downgrade to what you already have... but seems as how this FO released Vickers and signed Marecic, I see how you'd come to the conclusion we take RG3

I dont even think i can comment on this
-
Blackmon is Dez Bryant without the mental baggage. RG3 will be Steve McNair.
-
Blackmon is Dez Bryant without the mental baggage. RG3 will be Steve McNair.
Blackmon is Dez Bryant without the mental baggage. RG3 will be Steve McNair.
I think the Bryant/Blackmon comparison is fair but RG3 to McNair? That remains to be seen. Personally I see Griffin as better than McNair but I'd still take it if that's all he amounts to.
-
#4...Ryan Tannehill
#22..Mohammad Sanu
-
-
#4 - RG3 please
#22 - Kendal Wright WR - Baylor
#22 is a tough call. We really need to shore up so many positions. We need to shore up our OL. I think we need that stud LB. RB might need looked at but I thought Chris Ogbonnaya made some great runs this year and showed potential. I like him a lot more than Hardesty at this point.
One thing that is certain, you need a QB. You need a guy who is going to go out on the field with confidence and make the needed throws. Colt did not look like that at all this year. For someone with the name of "Colt" he was awefully gun shy. We need someone that knows he has the arm to make the throws that are needed to stretch the defense and to throw into tight coverage. Look our WR's aren't going to be open all the time, it's not going to happen regardless of how good a WR is. QB and WR's make each other great. And sometimes you just have to make that throw, and let the WR make a play. The greats have all done that.
I would love to see Colt prove me wrong. He has a great head on his shoulders, and a great attitude, I'm just worried because he Digressed this year from last year. Shoot he even looked better in our preseason this year. Something changed and happend and he is going to have to figure that out.
But as of right now we need someone with some swag, a little mojo. Colt didn't display that confidence this year that I want to see in a QB.
-
#4 - RG3 please
#22 - Kendal Wright WR - Baylor
#22 is a tough call. We really need to shore up so many positions. We need to shore up our OL. I think we need that stud LB. RB might need looked at but I thought Chris Ogbonnaya made some great runs this year and showed potential. I like him a lot more than Hardesty at this point.
One thing that is certain, you need a QB. You need a guy who is going to go out on the field with confidence and make the needed throws. Colt did not look like that at all this year. For someone with the name of "Colt" he was awefully gun shy. We need someone that knows he has the arm to make the throws that are needed to stretch the defense and to throw into tight coverage. Look our WR's aren't going to be open all the time, it's not going to happen regardless of how good a WR is. QB and WR's make each other great. And sometimes you just have to make that throw, and let the WR make a play. The greats have all done that.
I would love to see Colt prove me wrong. He has a great head on his shoulders, and a great attitude, I'm just worried because he Digressed this year from last year. Shoot he even looked better in our preseason this year. Something changed and happend and he is going to have to figure that out.
But as of right now we need someone with some swag, a little mojo. Colt didn't display that confidence this year that I want to see in a QB.
For someone with the name of "Colt" he was awefully gun shy.
Coaching and play calling.
-
For someone with the name of "Colt" he was awefully gun shy.
Coaching and play calling.
Coaching and play calling.
Yeah but thats not gonna change with Shurmur
-
For someone with the name of "Colt" he was awefully gun shy.
Coaching and play calling.
Coaching and play calling.
Agreed to a point. Our play calling sucked, but sometimes you have to pull the trigger and let it fly.
-
Coaching and play calling.
Yeah but thats not gonna change with Shurmur
Yeah but thats not gonna change with Shurmur
It might. Even though Holmgren has put his vote of confidence in Shurmur, it doesn't mean that Holmgren hasn't behind closed doors kicked someone's a$$ for some of the crap going on this year. For some reason I get the impression that some people think that Holmgren and Shurmur are in bed together. I highly doubt that. I'm sure after plenty of games there were some very deep discussions about coarching, playhing, etc, etc, by Holmgren. We are getting an OC, so something is going to change, and from my persepective it has to be better than what we did this year.
The question is who do we hire and when? Do we hire before the draft or after the draft? If we get RG3, do we look for a OC that will adapt to RG3's skill set and develope a WCO around him? Or do we hire an OC and get him involved in our draft choices...?
-
Coaching and play calling.
Agreed to a point. Our play calling sucked, but sometimes you have to pull the trigger and let it fly.
Agreed to a point. Our play calling sucked, but sometimes you have to pull the trigger and let it fly.
I really think with the hiring of Childress will help McCoy A LOT. The best thing Shurmur did this year realize he can't call plays.
-
Coaching and play calling.
Yeah but thats not gonna change with Shurmur
-
#4 - RG3 please
#22 - Kendal Wright WR - Baylor
#22 is a tough call. We really need to shore up so many positions. We need to shore up our OL. I think we need that stud LB. RB might need looked at but I thought Chris Ogbonnaya made some great runs this year and showed potential. I like him a lot more than Hardesty at this point.
One thing that is certain, you need a QB. You need a guy who is going to go out on the field with confidence and make the needed throws. Colt did not look like that at all this year. For someone with the name of "Colt" he was awefully gun shy. We need someone that knows he has the arm to make the throws that are needed to stretch the defense and to throw into tight coverage. Look our WR's aren't going to be open all the time, it's not going to happen regardless of how good a WR is. QB and WR's make each other great. And sometimes you just have to make that throw, and let the WR make a play. The greats have all done that.
I would love to see Colt prove me wrong. He has a great head on his shoulders, and a great attitude, I'm just worried because he Digressed this year from last year. Shoot he even looked better in our preseason this year. Something changed and happend and he is going to have to figure that out.
But as of right now we need someone with some swag, a little mojo. Colt didn't display that confidence this year that I want to see in a QB.
#4 - RG3 please
#22 - Kendal Wright WR - Baylor
#22 is a tough call. We really need to shore up so many positions. We need to shore up our OL. I think we need that stud LB. RB might need looked at but I thought Chris Ogbonnaya made some great runs this year and showed potential. I like him a lot more than Hardesty at this point.
One thing that is certain, you need a QB. You need a guy who is going to go out on the field with confidence and make the needed throws. Colt did not look like that at all this year. For someone with the name of "Colt" he was awefully gun shy. We need someone that knows he has the arm to make the throws that are needed to stretch the defense and to throw into tight coverage. Look our WR's aren't going to be open all the time, it's not going to happen regardless of how good a WR is. QB and WR's make each other great. And sometimes you just have to make that throw, and let the WR make a play. The greats have all done that.
I would love to see Colt prove me wrong. He has a great head on his shoulders, and a great attitude, I'm just worried because he Digressed this year from last year. Shoot he even looked better in our preseason this year. Something changed and happend and he is going to have to figure that out.
But as of right now we need someone with some swag, a little mojo. Colt didn't display that confidence this year that I want to see in a QB.
I'll agree that Colt regressed- but I'm willing to give him one more season to "get it". Get him a real wr opposite Little, and fix the damn o-line. If he still sucks, we go QB in 2013. The Bengals did OK with Andy Dalton in the second round, no?
-
Hi! I'm new here, but I've been keeping up with the draft possibilities. I fully expect (and if you read the Redskins boards, so do they) for the Redskins to trade with St. Louis for the number 2 pick. Do we really want to get into a bidding war with the Redskins when we have so many other holes to fill? It's quite possible that Jeff Fisher will be the Rams next head coach and he just happens to be one of Mike Shanahan's very good friends. RG3 was interviewed about his favorite QB and his favorite team of all time and his answer was John Elway and the Denver Broncos when Shanahan coached. I'd bet that he'd relish the idea of being coached by the guy who coached his all-time favorite QB.
Also, we do not need a QB and even if we do, we definitely have too many holes to fill to be getting into a bidding war with someone like Dan Snyder over one that doesn't fit our system in the first place and when we already have Colt McCoy (who I'd like to see the starting QB next year with more talent around him).
I think the best scenario for us is to bring in Matt Flynn at QB and for the draft to go this way:
1. Colts - Luck
2. Redskins - RG3 (trade with Rams)
3. Vikings - Kalil
4. Browns - Blackmon
22. Browns - Richardson
Trading down is always an option, but I don't think the team should trade out of the top ten. I do think that after the combine the race between Blackmon, Jefferson and Floyd as far as who is the best receiver in the draft will be a lot closer so trading down with the Dolphins or Redskins could mean that we get extra picks in addition to a really good WR (I still think though that the Rams hold all the cards).
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
