Skip to content

#4 #22

The Browns Board
173 30 4.9k
  • jparsh, haven't you realized that the people on this forum enjoy being 3-13?

  • jparsh, haven't you realized that the people on this forum enjoy being 3-13?

    Chickenwang said:

    jparsh, haven't you realized that the people on this forum enjoy being 3-13?

    No, I haven't. If you notice I'm a newbie. 🙂

  • RG3 and Colt McCoy are the same. Colt is IMO better than RG3... why would you want to spend the number 4 overall pick of the Draft to draft a guy you already have on the team? In fact, it may even be a downgrade to what you already have... but seems as how this FO released Vickers and signed Marecic, I see how you'd come to the conclusion we take RG3 😉

    @poeticg said:

    RG3 and Colt McCoy are the same. Colt is IMO better than RG3... why would you want to spend the number 4 overall pick of the Draft to draft a guy you already have on the team? In fact, it may even be a downgrade to what you already have... but seems as how this FO released Vickers and signed Marecic, I see how you'd come to the conclusion we take RG3 😉

    Oh, I'm not sold on Griffin- but it sure isn't because he lacks the physical skill set to succeed in the NFL.

    Griffin and McCoy are NOT the same. McCoy is mobile, Griffin has upper echelon WR track speed. McCoy's arm strength is barely adequate, Griffin has a rocket launcher arm- I'd even posit he puts a tad more zip on the ball than even Andrew Luck.

  • i guess wright may learn how to run the middle of the route tree sometime....he does burn.

    blackmon is the next fitz? sigh....

    its sad we cant even wait till players do anything before we know how careers will shake out.

  • RG3 and Colt McCoy are the same. Colt is IMO better than RG3... why would you want to spend the number 4 overall pick of the Draft to draft a guy you already have on the team? In fact, it may even be a downgrade to what you already have... but seems as how this FO released Vickers and signed Marecic, I see how you'd come to the conclusion we take RG3 😉

    @poeticg said:

    RG3 and Colt McCoy are the same. Colt is IMO better than RG3... why would you want to spend the number 4 overall pick of the Draft to draft a guy you already have on the team? In fact, it may even be a downgrade to what you already have... but seems as how this FO released Vickers and signed Marecic, I see how you'd come to the conclusion we take RG3 😉

    I dont even think i can comment on this

  • Blackmon is Dez Bryant without the mental baggage. RG3 will be Steve McNair.

  • Blackmon is Dez Bryant without the mental baggage. RG3 will be Steve McNair.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Blackmon is Dez Bryant without the mental baggage. RG3 will be Steve McNair.

    I think the Bryant/Blackmon comparison is fair but RG3 to McNair? That remains to be seen. Personally I see Griffin as better than McNair but I'd still take it if that's all he amounts to.

  • #4...Ryan Tannehill

    #22..Mohammad Sanu

  • #4...Ryan Tannehill

    #22..Mohammad Sanu

    @ballpeen said:

    #4...Ryan Tannehill

    #22..Mohammad Sanu

    Dude,

    #4 Blackmon

    #22 Mohammad Sanu

  • #4 - RG3 please

    #22 - Kendal Wright WR - Baylor

    #22 is a tough call. We really need to shore up so many positions. We need to shore up our OL. I think we need that stud LB. RB might need looked at but I thought Chris Ogbonnaya made some great runs this year and showed potential. I like him a lot more than Hardesty at this point.

    One thing that is certain, you need a QB. You need a guy who is going to go out on the field with confidence and make the needed throws. Colt did not look like that at all this year. For someone with the name of "Colt" he was awefully gun shy. We need someone that knows he has the arm to make the throws that are needed to stretch the defense and to throw into tight coverage. Look our WR's aren't going to be open all the time, it's not going to happen regardless of how good a WR is. QB and WR's make each other great. And sometimes you just have to make that throw, and let the WR make a play. The greats have all done that.

    I would love to see Colt prove me wrong. He has a great head on his shoulders, and a great attitude, I'm just worried because he Digressed this year from last year. Shoot he even looked better in our preseason this year. Something changed and happend and he is going to have to figure that out.

    But as of right now we need someone with some swag, a little mojo. Colt didn't display that confidence this year that I want to see in a QB.

  • #4 - RG3 please

    #22 - Kendal Wright WR - Baylor

    #22 is a tough call. We really need to shore up so many positions. We need to shore up our OL. I think we need that stud LB. RB might need looked at but I thought Chris Ogbonnaya made some great runs this year and showed potential. I like him a lot more than Hardesty at this point.

    One thing that is certain, you need a QB. You need a guy who is going to go out on the field with confidence and make the needed throws. Colt did not look like that at all this year. For someone with the name of "Colt" he was awefully gun shy. We need someone that knows he has the arm to make the throws that are needed to stretch the defense and to throw into tight coverage. Look our WR's aren't going to be open all the time, it's not going to happen regardless of how good a WR is. QB and WR's make each other great. And sometimes you just have to make that throw, and let the WR make a play. The greats have all done that.

    I would love to see Colt prove me wrong. He has a great head on his shoulders, and a great attitude, I'm just worried because he Digressed this year from last year. Shoot he even looked better in our preseason this year. Something changed and happend and he is going to have to figure that out.

    But as of right now we need someone with some swag, a little mojo. Colt didn't display that confidence this year that I want to see in a QB.

    @brownskidd said:

    For someone with the name of "Colt" he was awefully gun shy.

    Coaching and play calling.

  • @brownskidd said:

    For someone with the name of "Colt" he was awefully gun shy.

    Coaching and play calling.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Coaching and play calling.

    Yeah but thats not gonna change with Shurmur

  • @brownskidd said:

    For someone with the name of "Colt" he was awefully gun shy.

    Coaching and play calling.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Coaching and play calling.

    Agreed to a point. Our play calling sucked, but sometimes you have to pull the trigger and let it fly.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Coaching and play calling.

    Yeah but thats not gonna change with Shurmur

    @nw220 said:

    Yeah but thats not gonna change with Shurmur

    It might. Even though Holmgren has put his vote of confidence in Shurmur, it doesn't mean that Holmgren hasn't behind closed doors kicked someone's a$$ for some of the crap going on this year. For some reason I get the impression that some people think that Holmgren and Shurmur are in bed together. I highly doubt that. I'm sure after plenty of games there were some very deep discussions about coarching, playhing, etc, etc, by Holmgren. We are getting an OC, so something is going to change, and from my persepective it has to be better than what we did this year.

    The question is who do we hire and when? Do we hire before the draft or after the draft? If we get RG3, do we look for a OC that will adapt to RG3's skill set and develope a WCO around him? Or do we hire an OC and get him involved in our draft choices...?

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Coaching and play calling.

    Agreed to a point. Our play calling sucked, but sometimes you have to pull the trigger and let it fly.

    @brownskidd said:

    Agreed to a point. Our play calling sucked, but sometimes you have to pull the trigger and let it fly.

    I really think with the hiring of Childress will help McCoy A LOT. The best thing Shurmur did this year realize he can't call plays.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Coaching and play calling.

    Yeah but thats not gonna change with Shurmur

    @nw220 said:

    Yeah but thats not gonna change with Shurmur

    It will with a new offensive coordinator.

  • #4 - RG3 please

    #22 - Kendal Wright WR - Baylor

    #22 is a tough call. We really need to shore up so many positions. We need to shore up our OL. I think we need that stud LB. RB might need looked at but I thought Chris Ogbonnaya made some great runs this year and showed potential. I like him a lot more than Hardesty at this point.

    One thing that is certain, you need a QB. You need a guy who is going to go out on the field with confidence and make the needed throws. Colt did not look like that at all this year. For someone with the name of "Colt" he was awefully gun shy. We need someone that knows he has the arm to make the throws that are needed to stretch the defense and to throw into tight coverage. Look our WR's aren't going to be open all the time, it's not going to happen regardless of how good a WR is. QB and WR's make each other great. And sometimes you just have to make that throw, and let the WR make a play. The greats have all done that.

    I would love to see Colt prove me wrong. He has a great head on his shoulders, and a great attitude, I'm just worried because he Digressed this year from last year. Shoot he even looked better in our preseason this year. Something changed and happend and he is going to have to figure that out.

    But as of right now we need someone with some swag, a little mojo. Colt didn't display that confidence this year that I want to see in a QB.

    @brownskidd said:

    #4 - RG3 please

    #22 - Kendal Wright WR - Baylor

    #22 is a tough call. We really need to shore up so many positions. We need to shore up our OL. I think we need that stud LB. RB might need looked at but I thought Chris Ogbonnaya made some great runs this year and showed potential. I like him a lot more than Hardesty at this point.

    One thing that is certain, you need a QB. You need a guy who is going to go out on the field with confidence and make the needed throws. Colt did not look like that at all this year. For someone with the name of "Colt" he was awefully gun shy. We need someone that knows he has the arm to make the throws that are needed to stretch the defense and to throw into tight coverage. Look our WR's aren't going to be open all the time, it's not going to happen regardless of how good a WR is. QB and WR's make each other great. And sometimes you just have to make that throw, and let the WR make a play. The greats have all done that.

    I would love to see Colt prove me wrong. He has a great head on his shoulders, and a great attitude, I'm just worried because he Digressed this year from last year. Shoot he even looked better in our preseason this year. Something changed and happend and he is going to have to figure that out.

    But as of right now we need someone with some swag, a little mojo. Colt didn't display that confidence this year that I want to see in a QB.

    I'll agree that Colt regressed- but I'm willing to give him one more season to "get it". Get him a real wr opposite Little, and fix the damn o-line. If he still sucks, we go QB in 2013. The Bengals did OK with Andy Dalton in the second round, no?

  • Hi! I'm new here, but I've been keeping up with the draft possibilities. I fully expect (and if you read the Redskins boards, so do they) for the Redskins to trade with St. Louis for the number 2 pick. Do we really want to get into a bidding war with the Redskins when we have so many other holes to fill? It's quite possible that Jeff Fisher will be the Rams next head coach and he just happens to be one of Mike Shanahan's very good friends. RG3 was interviewed about his favorite QB and his favorite team of all time and his answer was John Elway and the Denver Broncos when Shanahan coached. I'd bet that he'd relish the idea of being coached by the guy who coached his all-time favorite QB.

    Also, we do not need a QB and even if we do, we definitely have too many holes to fill to be getting into a bidding war with someone like Dan Snyder over one that doesn't fit our system in the first place and when we already have Colt McCoy (who I'd like to see the starting QB next year with more talent around him).

    I think the best scenario for us is to bring in Matt Flynn at QB and for the draft to go this way:

    1. Colts - Luck

    2. Redskins - RG3 (trade with Rams)

    3. Vikings - Kalil

    4. Browns - Blackmon

    22. Browns - Richardson

    Trading down is always an option, but I don't think the team should trade out of the top ten. I do think that after the combine the race between Blackmon, Jefferson and Floyd as far as who is the best receiver in the draft will be a lot closer so trading down with the Dolphins or Redskins could mean that we get extra picks in addition to a really good WR (I still think though that the Rams hold all the cards).

  • @brownskidd said:

    Agreed to a point. Our play calling sucked, but sometimes you have to pull the trigger and let it fly.

    I really think with the hiring of Childress will help McCoy A LOT. The best thing Shurmur did this year realize he can't call plays.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    I really think with the hiring of Childress will help McCoy A LOT. The best thing Shurmur did this year realize he can't call plays.

    I think I heard that Childress is interviewing for the HC job at Tampa.

  • Trading down has some advantages, but I would feel like cutting my right arm off we did that again and missed on RG3 or Blackmon. If RG3 is not there. We get Blackmon at #4. Than at #22 I would like to grab a stud Linebacker or shore up the right side of our OL.