Nfl Draft Value Chart
-
I think everybody pretty much knows about the chart, but thanks for the effort.
-
-
That's cool man.
I didn't see the question. I could have pointed you in the right direction.
-
Thanks for the info, jrb I didn't know how it worked either. Good stuff.
-
Do they? I asked at least 10-15 people to really explain this to me and no one really could so I looked it all up. I think people know it exists but don't understand how it works.
I knew about the chart- and that's why in another thread I pointed out if the rumor of what the Redskins are potentially willing to give up to get RGIII are true- that's flat-out nuts.
The second pick is worth 2,600 points- the Redskins 1st, 2nd, & 3rd are worth 2,360. Toss in a mid first rounder next year (or more) add another 1,000+ to the mix. BTW, if the trade up involves a qb there's bonus points allowed to the team trading down- and I suppose it would depend on the slot. If you want to go strictly by the chart, the Redskins would (hypothetically) be giving the Rams enough value that should be enough to make a very solid offer instead to move all the way up to #1 (3,000 points) to snag Andrew Luck.
-
Ditto... What I had not seen was the scatter plot of actual draft swap values. Found that pretty interesting...
Where'd you read about the QB involvement? Is that just a result of ranking the impact each solitary position has on team success with QB now clearly at the top of the heap?
-
Ditto... What I had not seen was the scatter plot of actual draft swap values. Found that pretty interesting...
Where'd you read about the QB involvement? Is that just a result of ranking the impact each solitary position has on team success with QB now clearly at the top of the heap?
Ditto... What I had not seen was the scatter plot of actual draft swap values. Found that pretty interesting...
Where'd you read about the QB involvement? Is that just a result of ranking the impact each solitary position has on team success with QB now clearly at the top of the heap?
Exactly.
Yeah- gosh, and I can't remember where I read that anymore- but if it involves a top 5 pick, add 500 points to what you have to offer.

-
Yay math!
-
Im not for or against a trade up or trade down but i like our chances of filling the roster with good players if we just stay put and let the chips fall where they may..
Much of the way things go on draft day will depend heavily on this regimes true gut feelings about rather danny mccoy can improve and who they may want to bring in from FA to compete against him..
This draft will be vital in building the browns both now and for the future so lets hope they get it right..
While i did not see the progression i had hoped to see from colt mccoy (or the offense in general) last season doesnt mean colt or shurmur suck it was just a bad year with ridiculously ill timed circumstances making it unfair if not impossible to truly evaluate everything at face value..
This year however evaluation as a fan will be different with no new systems other than tweaks or lockouts impeding this young teams progress and i expect to see some serious progress from both the coaching aspect and the players execution on both sides of the ball and special teams as well..
For now i am just hoping that shurmur isnt the next eric mangini when it comes to making bad in game decisions on critical downs with the game hanging in the balance..
No guts no glory!
-
The chart is just something put out by some nerd who was probably an extra on The Big Bang Theory.
In other words, to me, it is pile of crap. I am not willing to have the Browns give up their #22 first round pick in order to move up 2 spots, even if some stupid chart says that it is worth it to do so.
That #22 pick represents a valuable, irreplaceable commodity: a genuine football player.
In the past here are some of the players that have been drafted at position #22:
Percy Harvin
DeMaryius Thomas
Manny Lawson
Will Allen
Tyrone Poole
Andre Rison
Lorenzo White
William "The Refrigerator" Perry
Jack Reynolds
and Hanford Dixon
As long as we stay away from a QB we could do quite well sticking at that spot.
Since 1967 there have been 3 QBs taken with the #22 pick: Brady Quinn, Rex Grossman, J.P. Losman.
Nothing to write home about (though Grossman did take a team to a Super Bowl)
Best not to go there.
-
The chart is just something put out by some nerd who was probably an extra on The Big Bang Theory.
In other words, to me, it is pile of crap. I am not willing to have the Browns give up their #22 first round pick in order to move up 2 spots, even if some stupid chart says that it is worth it to do so.
That #22 pick represents a valuable, irreplaceable commodity: a genuine football player.
In the past here are some of the players that have been drafted at position #22:
Percy Harvin
DeMaryius Thomas
Manny Lawson
Will Allen
Tyrone Poole
Andre Rison
Lorenzo White
William "The Refrigerator" Perry
Jack Reynolds
and Hanford Dixon
As long as we stay away from a QB we could do quite well sticking at that spot.
Since 1967 there have been 3 QBs taken with the #22 pick: Brady Quinn, Rex Grossman, J.P. Losman.
Nothing to write home about (though Grossman did take a team to a Super Bowl)
Best not to go there.
The chart is just something put out by some nerd who was probably an extra on The Big Bang Theory.
In other words, to me, it is pile of crap. I am not willing to have the Browns give up their #22 first round pick in order to move up 2 spots, even if some stupid chart says that it is worth it to do so.
That #22 pick represents a valuable, irreplaceable commodity: a genuine football player.
In the past here are some of the players that have been drafted at position #22:
Percy Harvin
DeMaryius Thomas
Manny Lawson
Will Allen
Tyrone Poole
Andre Rison
Lorenzo White
William "The Refrigerator" Perry
Jack Reynolds
and Hanford Dixon
As long as we stay away from a QB we could do quite well sticking at that spot.
Since 1967 there have been 3 QBs taken with the #22 pick: Brady Quinn, Rex Grossman, J.P. Losman.
Nothing to write home about (though Grossman did take a team to a Super Bowl)
Best not to go there.
well although I can respect your opinion, as I said this is how trades are determined on draft day. This isn't a pile of crap made by nerds, it's essential for trades to get done. I can understand not wanting to trade the other first round pick though, I'm still on the fence about it. Interestingly enough they talked about this chart this morning at the combine, and they mentioned exactly what i've said. However, McShay noted that it's probably going to have to exceed the value chart significantly for the trade to get done. Whether or not you think it's crazy, it's used.
-
The chart is just something put out by some nerd who was probably an extra on The Big Bang Theory.
In other words, to me, it is pile of crap. I am not willing to have the Browns give up their #22 first round pick in order to move up 2 spots, even if some stupid chart says that it is worth it to do so.
That #22 pick represents a valuable, irreplaceable commodity: a genuine football player.
In the past here are some of the players that have been drafted at position #22:
Percy Harvin
DeMaryius Thomas
Manny Lawson
Will Allen
Tyrone Poole
Andre Rison
Lorenzo White
William "The Refrigerator" Perry
Jack Reynolds
and Hanford Dixon
As long as we stay away from a QB we could do quite well sticking at that spot.
Since 1967 there have been 3 QBs taken with the #22 pick: Brady Quinn, Rex Grossman, J.P. Losman.
Nothing to write home about (though Grossman did take a team to a Super Bowl)
Best not to go there.
well although I can respect your opinion, as I said this is how trades are determined on draft day. This isn't a pile of crap made by nerds, it's essential for trades to get done. I can understand not wanting to trade the other first round pick though, I'm still on the fence about it. Interestingly enough they talked about this chart this morning at the combine, and they mentioned exactly what i've said. However, McShay noted that it's probably going to have to exceed the value chart significantly for the trade to get done. Whether or not you think it's crazy, it's used.
well although I can respect your opinion, as I said this is how trades are determined on draft day. This isn't a pile of crap made by nerds, it's essential for trades to get done. I can understand not wanting to trade the other first round pick though, I'm still on the fence about it. Interestingly enough they talked about this chart this morning at the combine, and they mentioned exactly what i've said. However, McShay noted that it's probably going to have to exceed the value chart significantly for the trade to get done. Whether or not you think it's crazy, it's used.
Well, as I understand, the Browns want none of it....unless, like last year, they are on the side of receiving the "overpayment" vis a vis the chart. They are not willing to be the over payor.
-
well although I can respect your opinion, as I said this is how trades are determined on draft day. This isn't a pile of crap made by nerds, it's essential for trades to get done. I can understand not wanting to trade the other first round pick though, I'm still on the fence about it. Interestingly enough they talked about this chart this morning at the combine, and they mentioned exactly what i've said. However, McShay noted that it's probably going to have to exceed the value chart significantly for the trade to get done. Whether or not you think it's crazy, it's used.
Well, as I understand, the Browns want none of it....unless, like last year, they are on the side of receiving the "overpayment" vis a vis the chart. They are not willing to be the over payor.
Well, as I understand, the Browns want none of it....unless, like last year, they are on the side of receiving the "overpayment" vis a vis the chart. They are not willing to be the over payor.
and you may be right, it's hard to say. They certainly have a history of being the ones trading down as opposed to going up
-
Well, as I understand, the Browns want none of it....unless, like last year, they are on the side of receiving the "overpayment" vis a vis the chart. They are not willing to be the over payor.
and you may be right, it's hard to say. They certainly have a history of being the ones trading down as opposed to going up
-
Zombo said:
You would have to trade 1,500 Mr. Irrelevants to move up and get Luck.
Zombo
That brings up an interesting point: Does the NFL have a Stepien Rule? How far into the future are you allowed to trade your draft picks?
-
The draft chart hasn't been altered for the new CBA yet. It's not entirely accurate. The value of the top picks have increased, since there isn't as much of a financial obligation to the top picks. It will be a couple years before the values correct themselves.
-
The draft chart hasn't been altered for the new CBA yet. It's not entirely accurate. The value of the top picks have increased, since there isn't as much of a financial obligation to the top picks. It will be a couple years before the values correct themselves.
The draft chart hasn't been altered for the new CBA yet. It's not entirely accurate. The value of the top picks have increased, since there isn't as much of a financial obligation to the top picks. It will be a couple years before the values correct themselves.
Why would this draft value chart be an item to even be negotiated under the CBA? As I understand the theory, it is merely an informal internal device used by clubs to determine relative value of draft pick where a trade is negotiated. Some clubs may want no part of this "unofficial" device. Why would you think it was being institutionalized?
-
The draft chart hasn't been altered for the new CBA yet. It's not entirely accurate. The value of the top picks have increased, since there isn't as much of a financial obligation to the top picks. It will be a couple years before the values correct themselves.
Why would this draft value chart be an item to even be negotiated under the CBA? As I understand the theory, it is merely an informal internal device used by clubs to determine relative value of draft pick where a trade is negotiated. Some clubs may want no part of this "unofficial" device. Why would you think it was being institutionalized?
Why would this draft value chart be an item to even be negotiated under the CBA? As I understand the theory, it is merely an informal internal device used by clubs to determine relative value of draft pick where a trade is negotiated. Some clubs may want no part of this "unofficial" device. Why would you think it was being institutionalized?
I never suggested that. But even as an informal device, the values are off because of the rookie wage scale. The first pick is now more valuable because it's not as much of a financial obligation, and so on down the line.
Picks are worth more now that there is a hard rookie cap.
-
Zombo said:
You would have to trade 1,500 Mr. Irrelevants to move up and get Luck.
Zombo
That brings up an interesting point: Does the NFL have a Stepien Rule? How far into the future are you allowed to trade your draft picks?
That brings up an interesting point: Does the NFL have a Stepien Rule? How far into the future are you allowed to trade your draft picks?
Is an interesting question, but the NFL certainly doesn't have the same rule as the NBA (which prohibits trading consecutive #1's).
Could just fall under the NFL's review of all trades.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login