Skip to content

Another Rg3 Blow A Knee Thread

The Browns Board
84 18 3.3k
  • He played 2 full seasons on that bum knee

  • @mr.-t said:

    And choco that is a redundant question. You can find better QB's than RG3 and you will not have to mortgage your future on them.

    lmao...wow, youre hopeless. i suppose since franchise QB's seemingly grow on trees, and there's so many others as good or better than griffin, care to explain why the demand for his services are essentially being auctioned off in public?

    how exactly can this occur unless everyone with an opinion that matters seems to be enamored with the kid? the next prospect is tannehill....have you actually compared his scouting report to griffins? have you actually done any research that leads you to believe all the scouts and football people have completely whiffed on griffin? opinions are fine when you have some evidence to lead you to that conclusion.....but what do you have besides a misguided view that 1 black failed QB = every other black QB prospect?

    wanna tell us where you dreamed up that non-sensical comparison to VY? compare/contrast their strengths and weaknesses for us....show us, then, that you did not, in fact, make the comparison based on race.

    because otherwise, this is just another thread like all the others, that feature a misinformed fan that forms an opinion on misinformation and popular rumor/opinion, bitching and crying about how he/she is right despite providing nothing but weak and frail arguments, such as:

    vince young failed, and so will griffin.

    pretty serious stuff T...hope you didn't spend too much time thinking about that.

    @choco said:

    lmao...wow, youre hopeless. i suppose since franchise QB's seemingly grow on trees, and there's so many others as good or better than griffin, care to explain why the demand for his services are essentially being auctioned off in public?

    how exactly can this occur unless everyone with an opinion that matters seems to be enamored with the kid? the next prospect is tannehill....have you actually compared his scouting report to griffins? have you actually done any research that leads you to believe all the scouts and football people have completely whiffed on griffin? opinions are fine when you have some evidence to lead you to that conclusion.....but what do you have besides a misguided view that 1 black failed QB = every other black QB prospect?

    wanna tell us where you dreamed up that non-sensical comparison to VY? compare/contrast their strengths and weaknesses for us....show us, then, that you did not, in fact, make the comparison based on race.

    because otherwise, this is just another thread like all the others, that feature a misinformed fan that forms an opinion on misinformation and popular rumor/opinion, bitching and crying about how he/she is right despite providing nothing but weak and frail arguments, such as:

    vince young failed, and so will griffin.

    pretty serious stuff T...hope you didn't spend too much time thinking about that.

    And you are the so called expert? We don't have to go to far back to see how many over hyped pre draft players have never stood up to their billing do we?

    I can see you have bought in to this kid hook line and sinker, so in your opinion it is time to sell the farm if that is what it takes to get him in here.

    Sorry Bud, but it takes more than one player and or a QB to make a team a SuperBowl contender. You act like some spoiled brat who has walked by the toy section with their mom and dad screaming and throwing a tantrum because you were told no.

    IMO: If Rg3 blown knee falls to us in the 4th pick we draft him, otherwise we find the next best available athlete who can contribute to our success.

    and by the way Mr. serious stuff Coocoo, dont have a panic attack leading up to draft day

  • Not quite. I don't get smitten. I do listen to people whose words carry weight tho....

    Dig a bit and you'll see I posted just today that I'd rather persue Flynn, but I'm not gonna be pissed to take a shot at Griffin. Football people say he's gifted, I don't know enough to argue.

    Apparently you do....you're comparison to young was spot on.

  • Flynn and RGIII are both a gamble. Flynn is going to cost more in terms of money, and RGIII is going to cost more because we'll have to trade up to get him. No matter what, an upgrade at QB isn't going to come cheaply.

  • for all those fans who want to win now, you better hope we stay put at 4 or trade down because taking griffin will set us back at least 3 key/top picks for other players that impact the team immediately. you'll be saying we want to win now 5 years from now.

  • I love how when anyone pitches their view point (pro RGIII, anti RGIII, w/e) they always know EXACTLY what will happen down the line, lol.

  • ^ but it's only RG3. if we have to trade away things for 2 years in order to get one player i think it's a dumb move. you really think not filling the wholes we have on this team will happen in 2 years if we trade that bounty? try more like 3 ir we're lucky. that's just common sense. less assets less picks. you should know that by now mr. polysci.

  • Not quite. I don't get smitten. I do listen to people whose words carry weight tho....

    Dig a bit and you'll see I posted just today that I'd rather persue Flynn, but I'm not gonna be pissed to take a shot at Griffin. Football people say he's gifted, I don't know enough to argue.

    Apparently you do....you're comparison to young was spot on.

    @choco said:

    Not quite. I don't get smitten. I do listen to people whose words carry weight tho....

    Dig a bit and you'll see I posted just today that I'd rather persue Flynn, but I'm not gonna be pissed to take a shot at Griffin. Football people say he's gifted, I don't know enough to argue.

    Apparently you do....you're comparison to young was spot on.

    I never made a comparison to young, you only assumed that I did. This seems to be the problem with many, they only see what they want to see due to their own biased opinions. Take it with a grain of salt that all of us have our own opinion.

    So who in here would spend millions on a race horse that has already had knee surgery before contending in the big race?

  • @choco said:

    Not quite. I don't get smitten. I do listen to people whose words carry weight tho....

    Dig a bit and you'll see I posted just today that I'd rather persue Flynn, but I'm not gonna be pissed to take a shot at Griffin. Football people say he's gifted, I don't know enough to argue.

    Apparently you do....you're comparison to young was spot on.

    I never made a comparison to young, you only assumed that I did. This seems to be the problem with many, they only see what they want to see due to their own biased opinions. Take it with a grain of salt that all of us have our own opinion.

    So who in here would spend millions on a race horse that has already had knee surgery before contending in the big race?

    @mr.-t said:

    I never made a comparison to young, you only assumed that I did. This seems to be the problem with many, they only see what they want to see due to their own biased opinions. Take it with a grain of salt that all of us have our own opinion.

    So who in here would spend millions on a race horse that has already had knee surgery before contending in the big race?

    Yes Griffin had a blown ACL. So did Tom Brady- care to look up how he did last year after the injury?

  • Did you read anything other than the title?

    He looks like another Troy Smith but with a bum knee

    @mr.-t said:

    Did you read anything other than the title?

    He looks like another Troy Smith but with a bum knee

    ah...i did cross conversations. not VY, but troy smith. points still stand.

    again...T...he played 2 fucking seasons on that bum knee. just what do you think a bum knee is? ward had one as well....i can name a slew of players that have and recovered.

    please tell me youve got some actual reasons for the hate....a ghost knee injury is pretty pathetic and weak.

  • And why are we arguing over QB's when Shurmurrrrr doesn't even run a Pro style offense?

    He will have his wilddawg full time with Rg3. Oh boy I cant wait.

  • @choco said:

    Not quite. I don't get smitten. I do listen to people whose words carry weight tho....

    Dig a bit and you'll see I posted just today that I'd rather persue Flynn, but I'm not gonna be pissed to take a shot at Griffin. Football people say he's gifted, I don't know enough to argue.

    Apparently you do....you're comparison to young was spot on.

    I never made a comparison to young, you only assumed that I did. This seems to be the problem with many, they only see what they want to see due to their own biased opinions. Take it with a grain of salt that all of us have our own opinion.

    So who in here would spend millions on a race horse that has already had knee surgery before contending in the big race?

    @mr.-t said:

    So who in here would spend millions on a race horse that has already had knee surgery before contending in the big race?

    Anyone who signed Willis McGahee...

  • And why are we arguing over QB's when Shurmurrrrr doesn't even run a Pro style offense?

    He will have his wilddawg full time with Rg3. Oh boy I cant wait.

    @mr.-t said:

    And why are we arguing over QB's when Shurmurrrrr doesn't even run a Pro style offense?

    He will have his wilddawg full time with Rg3. Oh boy I cant wait.

    translation:

    i have no idea whats going on.

  • Hey boy. You can't play QB boy ....

  • @mr.-t said:

    So who in here would spend millions on a race horse that has already had knee surgery before contending in the big race?

    Anyone who signed Willis McGahee...

    @kerrigan91 said:

    Anyone who signed Willis McGahee...

    Good one- thanks for jogging my memory. McGahee's injury in the Championship game has to rank as one of the worst on field injuries I've ever seen. I thought his career was over right there. Much worse than an ACL- he totally blew out 3 of the 4 tendons in his knee.

  • @mr.-t said:

    And why are we arguing over QB's when Shurmurrrrr doesn't even run a Pro style offense?

    He will have his wilddawg full time with Rg3. Oh boy I cant wait.

    translation:

    i have no idea whats going on.

    @choco said:

    translation:

    i have no idea whats going on.

    Let me correct you!

    We do not have any control over who the Browns decide to draft or trade.

    Got it punk?

  • Hey boy. You can't play QB boy ....

    @mld-woody said:

    Hey boy. You can't play QB boy ....

    lol just realized this, the hey boy thing made me think of this, no offense intended to the poster mr. t

  • No problem. LOL

  • @mark-o said:

    Didnt Kendall Wright just run a very slow 4.6 40 at the combine? I dont think that "flys past safetys and corners" even in the weak defenses of the Big 12.

    4.41 40 for RGIII on a bum knee? Pretty damn impressive. He kills it in the interviews, he's rediculously smart. What's not to like?

    What's not to like? What, are you Dan Gilbert's kid?

    The answer is: the ridiculous asking price that the Rams and others on here think the Browns should pay to move up to get him.

    @the-gipper said:

    What's not to like? What, are you Dan Gilbert's kid?

    The answer is: the ridiculous asking price that the Rams and others on here think the Browns should pay to move up to get him.

    The price only matters if he doesn't work out.

    I look at it like this....if the trade goes down price wise as advertised...two 1st, a 3rd, and a 4th...my view is the deal is costing us a 3rd round pick....all the others are extra picks....we are getting a player, so that covers one of the 1st rounders. Some act like it is costing us 3 1st round picks.

    Plus....screw picks. People need to be be less worried about the number of picks we have and be more concerned with getting a few good players....especially one at QB.

    Colt McCoy is a Cherub.

  • I agree with Russ...