Skip to content

Rumor Going Around ... Haden Failed Drug Test

The Browns Board
75 38 5.1k
  • oh boy. here we go.

  • @ithika said:

    Guys relax! He hasn't even been suspended yet and if he is suspended he will be able to appeal it! Here's some more info on the matter..

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/08/report-joe-haden-faces-four-game-suspension/

    Jimmy Haslam may be having a mild case of buyer’s remorse.

    With questions swirling about the knee of top-three draft pick Trent Richardson, a report has now emerged that 2010 top-1o pick Joe Haden could miss the first four games of the season for violating the league’s policy against steroids and related substances.

    Will Burge and Tony Grossi of ESPNCleveland.com report that the league currently is “reviewing” a failed drug test for Adderall, a banned substance.

    Per the report, Haden has been informed that he tested positive. He apparently has not yet filed an appeal.

    If there’s an appeal, the suspension could be delayed indefinitely. Some appeals in the past have taken months to complete; Haden wouldn’t be suspended until the process ends.

    For Haden, if he had a prescription to take Adderall, he could finagle a reduction or complete reversal of the suspension. However, recent precedent from the league on that point has been all over the map.

    Then again, because teams and the league can say nothing about the reason for a player’s suspension under the steroids policy, it’s possible that Adderall has become the new dog-ate-my-homework-style excuse for players who don’t want to be stigmatized by the “S” word.

    For now, all anyone can do is wait and see. The team has said and will say nothing publicly, unless and until the suspension is official.

    hmmm, who exactly said it was adderall? i wonder.....the only reason to take adderall would be to speed.......but then why not just do cocaine?..........you're a millionaire many times over, you can afford it and it's out of your system faster than adderall anyway........hmmmmmmm, maybe he was roiding it up.

    makes more sense than adderall.

    @gafreleets said:

    hmmm, who exactly said it was adderall? i wonder.....the only reason to take adderall would be to speed.......but then why not just do cocaine?..........you're a millionaire many times over, you can afford it and it's out of your system faster than adderall anyway........hmmmmmmm, maybe he was roiding it up.

    makes more sense than adderall.

    Adderall is cheaper, lasts longer and carries a much less severe penalty for possession

  • @gafreleets said:

    hmmm, who exactly said it was adderall? i wonder.....the only reason to take adderall would be to speed.......but then why not just do cocaine?..........you're a millionaire many times over, you can afford it and it's out of your system faster than adderall anyway........hmmmmmmm, maybe he was roiding it up.

    makes more sense than adderall.

    Adderall is cheaper, lasts longer and carries a much less severe penalty for possession

    @mr.-sensitive said:

    Adderall is cheaper, lasts longer and carries a much less severe penalty for possession

    hey, that's good to know!

  • @gafreleets said:

    hmmm, who exactly said it was adderall? i wonder.....the only reason to take adderall would be to speed.......but then why not just do cocaine?..........you're a millionaire many times over, you can afford it and it's out of your system faster than adderall anyway........hmmmmmmm, maybe he was roiding it up.

    makes more sense than adderall.

    Adderall is cheaper, lasts longer and carries a much less severe penalty for possession

    @mr.-sensitive said:

    Adderall is cheaper, lasts longer and carries a much less severe penalty for possession

    Actually, cocaine and adderall are both schedule 2 drugs and carry a penalty of up to 1 year in prison and/or a $1000 fine. Maybe fact check before you post something stupid and erroneous.

  • @mr.-sensitive said:

    Adderall is cheaper, lasts longer and carries a much less severe penalty for possession

    Actually, cocaine and adderall are both schedule 2 drugs and carry a penalty of up to 1 year in prison and/or a $1000 fine. Maybe fact check before you post something stupid and erroneous.

    @blowe said:

    Actually, cocaine and adderall are both schedule 2 drugs and carry a penalty of up to 1 year in prison and/or a $1000 fine. Maybe fact check before you post something stupid and erroneous.

    Cocaine is c1, not c2. Any "illegal substance" ie weed, heroin (not morphine) coke, is c1. I've been out of the pharmaceutical game for 5 yrs, but I can't imagine they changed the scheduling on narcotics that much in 5 yrs.

    For reference, all hydrocodones c3, oxycodones c2, most adhd meds (adderall) c2, darvocet c4, childrens pain meds c4, soma, ultram et al c5.

  • @blowe said:

    Actually, cocaine and adderall are both schedule 2 drugs and carry a penalty of up to 1 year in prison and/or a $1000 fine. Maybe fact check before you post something stupid and erroneous.

    Cocaine is c1, not c2. Any "illegal substance" ie weed, heroin (not morphine) coke, is c1. I've been out of the pharmaceutical game for 5 yrs, but I can't imagine they changed the scheduling on narcotics that much in 5 yrs.

    For reference, all hydrocodones c3, oxycodones c2, most adhd meds (adderall) c2, darvocet c4, childrens pain meds c4, soma, ultram et al c5.

    @brownrebel said:

    Cocaine is c1, not c2. Any "illegal substance" ie weed, heroin (not morphine) coke, is c1. I've been out of the pharmaceutical game for 5 yrs, but I can't imagine they changed the scheduling on narcotics that much in 5 yrs.

    For reference, all hydrocodones c3, oxycodones c2, most adhd meds (adderall) c2, darvocet c4, childrens pain meds c4, soma, ultram et al c5.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schedule_II_(US)#Schedule_II_drugs

    this puts them in the same schedule (or class, if those are synonyms) and I would definitely believe that the classes could have changed because adderall has really grown in use and abuse in the last 5 years. I had a prescription while in college and people would hound me for that stuff.

  • @brownrebel said:

    Cocaine is c1, not c2. Any "illegal substance" ie weed, heroin (not morphine) coke, is c1. I've been out of the pharmaceutical game for 5 yrs, but I can't imagine they changed the scheduling on narcotics that much in 5 yrs.

    For reference, all hydrocodones c3, oxycodones c2, most adhd meds (adderall) c2, darvocet c4, childrens pain meds c4, soma, ultram et al c5.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schedule_II_(US)#Schedule_II_drugs

    this puts them in the same schedule (or class, if those are synonyms) and I would definitely believe that the classes could have changed because adderall has really grown in use and abuse in the last 5 years. I had a prescription while in college and people would hound me for that stuff.

    @blowe said:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schedule_II_(US)#Schedule_II_drugs

    this puts them in the same schedule (or class, if those are synonyms) and I would definitely believe that the classes could have changed because adderall has really grown in use and abuse in the last 5 years. I had a prescription while in college and people would hound me for that stuff.

    I stand corrected sir. You are right.

    Typically c1s have "no accepted medicinal use" which is the loophole most weed advocates cite. I suppose they changed coke since its made from the same plant as a lot of painkillers.

    At any rate, thanks for pointing that out. Always good to learn.

  • I want to set the record straight...i am the one that put the dextroamphetamine and amphetamine in Joe Haden's drink this summer. I apologize and Joe did not know about it as a lied and told him it was just a rum and coke. I will take full responsibility if the league needs to suspend me from attending multiple games i shall comply as long as someone hooks me up with DirecTV Sunday ticket as I signed a 2 year with DISH and got screwed over since now i can no longer watch Breaking Bad as this was where i got the idea of cooking some good stuff for Joe and the Gang.

  • tough to lose AMC with all those great shows for another disappointing browns year.

  • I want to set the record straight...i am the one that put the dextroamphetamine and amphetamine in Joe Haden's drink this summer. I apologize and Joe did not know about it as a lied and told him it was just a rum and coke. I will take full responsibility if the league needs to suspend me from attending multiple games i shall comply as long as someone hooks me up with DirecTV Sunday ticket as I signed a 2 year with DISH and got screwed over since now i can no longer watch Breaking Bad as this was where i got the idea of cooking some good stuff for Joe and the Gang.

    @brownfish said:

    I want to set the record straight...i am the one that put the dextroamphetamine and amphetamine in Joe Haden's drink this summer. I apologize and Joe did not know about it as a lied and told him it was just a rum and coke. I will take full responsibility if the league needs to suspend me from attending multiple games i shall comply as long as someone hooks me up with DirecTV Sunday ticket as I signed a 2 year with DISH and got screwed over since now i can no longer watch Breaking Bad as this was where i got the idea of cooking some good stuff for Joe and the Gang.

    You're missing out BB is the shit.

  • @brownfish said:

    I want to set the record straight...i am the one that put the dextroamphetamine and amphetamine in Joe Haden's drink this summer. I apologize and Joe did not know about it as a lied and told him it was just a rum and coke. I will take full responsibility if the league needs to suspend me from attending multiple games i shall comply as long as someone hooks me up with DirecTV Sunday ticket as I signed a 2 year with DISH and got screwed over since now i can no longer watch Breaking Bad as this was where i got the idea of cooking some good stuff for Joe and the Gang.

    You're missing out BB is the shit.

    @bills-n-browns-fan said:

    You're missing out BB is the shit.

    besides mad men, the walking dead and hell on wheels.

  • @mr.-sensitive said:

    Adderall is cheaper, lasts longer and carries a much less severe penalty for possession

    Actually, cocaine and adderall are both schedule 2 drugs and carry a penalty of up to 1 year in prison and/or a $1000 fine. Maybe fact check before you post something stupid and erroneous.

    @blowe said:

    Actually, cocaine and adderall are both schedule 2 drugs and carry a penalty of up to 1 year in prison and/or a $1000 fine. Maybe fact check before you post something stupid and erroneous.

    Adderall is legal with a prescription. Do you know Joe hadens prescription history? If so please post it.

  • @blowe said:

    Actually, cocaine and adderall are both schedule 2 drugs and carry a penalty of up to 1 year in prison and/or a $1000 fine. Maybe fact check before you post something stupid and erroneous.

    Adderall is legal with a prescription. Do you know Joe hadens prescription history? If so please post it.

    @mr.-sensitive said:

    Adderall is legal with a prescription. Do you know Joe hadens prescription history? If so please post it.

    I know this. Regretfully, I was prescribed to adderall at one point and absolutely hated the way it made me feel. I would have no way of accessing Haden's prescriptions because that should be private and protected information. If you can get that info, I don't want to know how/where you got it 😉

  • My point is if he's prescribed to adderall there's absolutely no need to take the risk of buying and using a highly illegal substance like cocaine

  • Let's get Haden's suspension out of the way during the same time that Taylor is injured.. those are going to be bad games with growing pains for the offense.

    Rip the bandaid off quickly, take our medicine and be done with it.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Let's get Haden's suspension out of the way during the same time that Taylor is injured.. those are going to be bad games with growing pains for the offense.

    Rip the bandaid off quickly, take our medicine and be done with it.

    Might be a good idea.

    Certainly I don't think the Browns will challenge for the playoffs this year. Sorry. It might behoove us to have all these issues out of the way: Haden, Fujita, Taylor etc.

    Throw some of these young players into the fire: Winn and Hughes on the D-line, Acho and JMJ at LB, Skrine at Haden's spot.

    Once the starters come back, if they do, these kids will have gotten valuable experience....and some may never give up their job (esp JMJ).

    Then...for next year....with a year of experience under their belts can you say:

    PLAYOFFS! Playoffs?

    I talking about Playoffs....not...not...not

    (Oh, wait, I seem to be mixing my quotes)

  • @mr.-sensitive said:

    Adderall is legal with a prescription. Do you know Joe hadens prescription history? If so please post it.

    I know this. Regretfully, I was prescribed to adderall at one point and absolutely hated the way it made me feel. I would have no way of accessing Haden's prescriptions because that should be private and protected information. If you can get that info, I don't want to know how/where you got it 😉

    @blowe said:

    I know this. Regretfully, I was prescribed to adderall at one point and absolutely hated the way it made me feel. I would have no way of accessing Haden's prescriptions because that should be private and protected information. If you can get that info, I don't want to know how/where you got it 😉

    Can you say HIPPA?

  • profootballtalk.com had an article earlier about Haden taking adderal while on a trip to Vegas as a "Pick me up". Not saying this is true, but if it is and he is suspended then he needs to come out and say sorry for being an ass and hurting the team.

  • Adderall is some good shit. Can't blame Joe for wanting to use it. Top notch performance enhancer. But come on man, get some fake pee or something. Quick fix plus beats a drug test every time.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Adderall is some good shit. Can't blame Joe for wanting to use it. Top notch performance enhancer. But come on man, get some fake pee or something. Quick fix plus beats a drug test every time.

    @bills-n-browns-fan said:

    Yeah it is, gets you super focused.

    [/qutote]

    adderall is meth, literally. not like it, it is it. a prescribable, socially acceptable meth. fwiw, meth is in oxy's, too.

    i have a script and it has no noticeable effect on me. btw, those who actually need it don't get high from it...they get normal.

    i have no idea if Joe needs it or not but he should know better.

    hey Joe, here 's your mulligan douche...don't let it happen again.

  • I am neither a Pharmacist nor a Judge. I AM a huge Joe Haden & Browns Fan, so I'll just wait to see what happens. No matter what, Joe, the Browns, & we Fans will live with the decision.

    Mike

  • @1-more-season said:

    What's more important his right to appeal or the fact that he is a drug abuser?

    Its adderall. It doesn't really effect your body unless you OD. The effect of it is that it gets you really focused.

    @bills-n-browns-fan said:

    Its adderall. It doesn't really effect your body unless you OD. The effect of it is that it gets you really focused.

    that's bullshit. anyone who uses it regularly for an extended period of time (like a year plus) who isn't diagnosed as needing it becomes completely useless. it's currently an epidemic at Ivy Schools and places like MIT. they can not function adequately without it...it's like it rewires you.

    always remember, everything in moderation people. 🙂