Candidates
-
Just an update from some things I've read, including the Mort report. Ray Horton was interviewed by the browns and according to him it went "great". Also, browns interviewed former Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona yesterday. I can't say I know much about the guy outside of he was on the browns & Steelers staff along with taking the Cards to the super bowl.
It's still obvious to me they are just buying their time to go all in for Chip Kelly, but I do like the approach of interviewing a slew of candidates.
-
Just a question here....I keep reading stuff from the tweeters of the board....or would that be twits?
...Anyway....I keep reading about Banner but don't hear about Haslam. Is Joe doing this solo at this point?Not that that is a real problem for me at this point..possibly a vetting process at this point.
Anyone know?
-
Just a question here....I keep reading stuff from the tweeters of the board....or would that be twits?
...Anyway....I keep reading about Banner but don't hear about Haslam. Is Joe doing this solo at this point?Not that that is a real problem for me at this point..possibly a vetting process at this point.
Anyone know?
Just a question here....I keep reading stuff from the tweeters of the board....or would that be twits?
...Anyway....I keep reading about Banner but don't hear about Haslam. Is Joe doing this solo at this point?Not that that is a real problem for me at this point..possibly a vetting process at this point.
Anyone know?
Everything I've read is saying both Haslam and Banner are in AZ to interview candidates. I haven't read anything specifically saying Haslam is in the interview but based on what little I know of the guy it seems highly unlikely he's not.
-
Just an update from some things I've read, including the Mort report. Ray Horton was interviewed by the browns and according to him it went "great". Also, browns interviewed former Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona yesterday. I can't say I know much about the guy outside of he was on the browns & Steelers staff along with taking the Cards to the super bowl.
It's still obvious to me they are just buying their time to go all in for Chip Kelly, but I do like the approach of interviewing a slew of candidates.
Just an update from some things I've read, including the Mort report. Ray Horton was interviewed by the browns and according to him it went "great". Also, browns interviewed former Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona yesterday. I can't say I know much about the guy outside of he was on the browns & Steelers staff along with taking the Cards to the super bowl.
It's still obvious to me they are just buying their time to go all in for Chip Kelly, but I do like the approach of interviewing a slew of candidates.
Like I said before, I believe it was the Steelers who interviewed Mike Tomlin, believing that the only reason to do so was to fulfill the requirements of the Rooney Rule....but then they came away so impressed that they gave him the job.
Could that happen here?
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/03/browns-have-already-interviewed-bill-obrien/
Just reported: the Browns already interviewed Bill O'brien. The plot thickens.
-
Just a question here....I keep reading stuff from the tweeters of the board....or would that be twits?
...Anyway....I keep reading about Banner but don't hear about Haslam. Is Joe doing this solo at this point?Not that that is a real problem for me at this point..possibly a vetting process at this point.
Anyone know?
Everything I've read is saying both Haslam and Banner are in AZ to interview candidates. I haven't read anything specifically saying Haslam is in the interview but based on what little I know of the guy it seems highly unlikely he's not.
Everything I've read is saying both Haslam and Banner are in AZ to interview candidates. I haven't read anything specifically saying Haslam is in the interview but based on what little I know of the guy it seems highly unlikely he's not.
Thanks.
Today I am reading more that says Haslam is in the house.
-
Updated list of interviewees:
Ray Horton
Bill O'Brien
Ken Wisenhunt
Doug Marrone
Chip Kelly (tomorrow)
Also, it was reported that Banner plans to interview more candidates after Kelly. Any guesses?
Mike McCoy
Kyle Shanahan
Others??
Or is that comment simply a smoke screen?
-
Updated list of interviewees:
Ray Horton
Bill O'Brien
Ken Wisenhunt
Doug Marrone
Chip Kelly (tomorrow)
Also, it was reported that Banner plans to interview more candidates after Kelly. Any guesses?
Mike McCoy
Kyle Shanahan
Others??
Or is that comment simply a smoke screen?
Updated list of interviewees:
Ray Horton
Bill O'Brien
Ken Wisenhunt
Doug Marrone
Chip Kelly (tomorrow)
Also, it was reported that Banner plans to interview more candidates after Kelly. Any guesses?
Mike McCoy
Kyle Shanahan
Others??
Or is that comment simply a smoke screen?
I believe it is important to do all this due diligence.....but lets face it, I don't think any decision will be made until next week AFTER they have had a chance to talk to Nick Saban after his bowl game.
-
Updated list of interviewees:
Ray Horton
Bill O'Brien
Ken Wisenhunt
Doug Marrone
Chip Kelly (tomorrow)
Also, it was reported that Banner plans to interview more candidates after Kelly. Any guesses?
Mike McCoy
Kyle Shanahan
Others??
Or is that comment simply a smoke screen?
I believe it is important to do all this due diligence.....but lets face it, I don't think any decision will be made until next week AFTER they have had a chance to talk to Nick Saban after his bowl game.
I believe it is important to do all this due diligence.....but lets face it, I don't think any decision will be made until next week AFTER they have had a chance to talk to Nick Saban after his bowl game.
Why they would want to talk to this shitbird is beyond me.
One perspective....
-
One guy I do not want at all is Whisenhunt. Why? 58-0.
Could you imagine the shit Shurmur would have gotten if he lost a game 58-0?
The Browns were not outscored by 58 points cumulatively until week 15, 17 if you take into account our wins.
-
I believe it is important to do all this due diligence.....but lets face it, I don't think any decision will be made until next week AFTER they have had a chance to talk to Nick Saban after his bowl game.
Why they would want to talk to this shitbird is beyond me.
One perspective....
-
Zombo said:
Mandich really held back.
He's a hoot on radio down here in South Florida
Zombo
I am sure he is just pissed that Saban left the Fins for what he thought were greener pastures. Nothing compared to what we have called some of our turncoats....see Modell, LeBron.
If Saban were to come here, face it...it would probably be for a fairly short run. Longer if he had some real success.
I will say this: If Saban were to come here the way he went to Alabama and won 3 titles in 4 years, I would be willing to say goodbye to him after the 4 years.
After all, he would then be 65 and of retirement age.
-
Zombo said:
Mandich really held back.
He's a hoot on radio down here in South Florida
Zombo
I am sure he is just pissed that Saban left the Fins for what he thought were greener pastures. Nothing compared to what we have called some of our turncoats....see Modell, LeBron.
If Saban were to come here, face it...it would probably be for a fairly short run. Longer if he had some real success.
I will say this: If Saban were to come here the way he went to Alabama and won 3 titles in 4 years, I would be willing to say goodbye to him after the 4 years.
After all, he would then be 65 and of retirement age.
If Saban were to come here the way he went to Alabama and won 3 titles in 4 years
I take it you are not giving Notre Dame much of a shot?
Zombo
-
Zombo said:
Mandich really held back.
He's a hoot on radio down here in South Florida
Zombo
I am sure he is just pissed that Saban left the Fins for what he thought were greener pastures. Nothing compared to what we have called some of our turncoats....see Modell, LeBron.
If Saban were to come here, face it...it would probably be for a fairly short run. Longer if he had some real success.
I will say this: If Saban were to come here the way he went to Alabama and won 3 titles in 4 years, I would be willing to say goodbye to him after the 4 years.
After all, he would then be 65 and of retirement age.
I am sure he is just pissed that Saban left the Fins for what he thought were greener pastures. Nothing compared to what we have called some of our turncoats....see Modell, LeBron.
If Saban were to come here, face it...it would probably be for a fairly short run. Longer if he had some real success.
I will say this: If Saban were to come here the way he went to Alabama and won 3 titles in 4 years, I would be willing to say goodbye to him after the 4 years.
After all, he would then be 65 and of retirement age.
Jim Mandich passed away from cancer over a year ago.
-
If Saban were to come here the way he went to Alabama and won 3 titles in 4 years
I take it you are not giving Notre Dame much of a shot?
Zombo
Zombo said:
I take it you are not giving Notre Dame much of a shot?
Zombo
No, no, actually I would prefer if ND would win. And I think they have a hell of a chance.....but then so does Alabama. I guess I would be somewhat satisfied if Saban took the Browns to 3 Super Bowls, winning 2.
Would you take that?
-
I am sure he is just pissed that Saban left the Fins for what he thought were greener pastures. Nothing compared to what we have called some of our turncoats....see Modell, LeBron.
If Saban were to come here, face it...it would probably be for a fairly short run. Longer if he had some real success.
I will say this: If Saban were to come here the way he went to Alabama and won 3 titles in 4 years, I would be willing to say goodbye to him after the 4 years.
After all, he would then be 65 and of retirement age.
Jim Mandich passed away from cancer over a year ago.
Jim Mandich passed away from cancer over a year ago.
I was referring to Saban who is, I think, like 61 or 62 right now. 4 years til Social Security.
He brings the Browns 3 Super Bowl wins in those 4 years and it is OK if he retires.
-
Status as I understand it on various coach searches:
Cardinals interviewing Lovie Smith, Todd Haley, Ray Horton
Bills interviewing Smith, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike McCoy OC of Broncos and Chip Kelly
Bears interviewing Bruce Arians, Mike Sullivan Buc OC, Keith Armstrong Falcons ST coach, Joe Camillis Cowboys ST coach
Chiefs have hired Reid and will likely bring Heckert in as GM
Eagles interviewing Kelly, Armstrong, McCoy and Mike Nolan
Chargers interviewing Lovie, Arians, Whisenhunt.
Where are the Grudens? either John or Jay. Cowher? Holmgren? Billick?
What about Brian Kelly? Les Miles?
Anyone else?
-
One guy I do not want at all is Whisenhunt. Why? 58-0.
Could you imagine the shit Shurmur would have gotten if he lost a game 58-0?
The Browns were not outscored by 58 points cumulatively until week 15, 17 if you take into account our wins.
One guy I do not want at all is Whisenhunt. Why? 58-0.
Could you imagine the shit Shurmur would have gotten if he lost a game 58-0?
The Browns were not outscored by 58 points cumulatively until week 15, 17 if you take into account our wins.
Status as I understand it on various coach searches:
Where are the Grudens? either John or Jay. Cowher? Holmgren? Billick?
What about Brian Kelly? Les Miles?
Anyone else?
If the Browns lose out on Kelly (and I don't think they will, due to Banner being all palsy-walsy with Kelly's agent), my fall back plan would be Kyle Shanahan. I'm not particularly enamored of Saban- and if you read the undercurrent- Haslam & company are looking for a "long term solution"- which Nick most definitely is NOT. I doubt he'd be the type who would want to coach well into his seventies like Marv Levy.
PS regarding Holmgren- bah humbug. The guy already had one chance last year- with the Browns. He should have taken over when it was obvious his protege Shur-loss couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login