Skip to content

Draft BOLO

The Browns Board
31 15 1.1k
  • With the college season about to start I want to get everyone's input on who I should pay attention to for next year's draft. Here are some players I already plan on paying close attention to.

    A.J. McCarron, QB, Alabama

    CBs from Florida, http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000227631/article/floridas-loucheiz-purifoy-marcus-roberson-intrigue-scouts

    Teddy Twatwater, QB, Louisville

    Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

    Marqise Lee, WR, USC

    Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State

    Tahj Boyd, QB, Clemson

    Austin Seferain-Jenkins, TE, Washington

    Just so I am clear I don't want to draft another 1st round QB but it would be foolish not to at least do homework on who is available.

  • Bit early for me, but when I start I use the site below to help me focus in...

    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/probe.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2014&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC

    My short list so far includes:

    • Offense
      • Tyler Russell (QB) MS St
      • a few RB's including Hyde (OSU) and Malena (TAMU)
      • Fiedorowicz (TE) Iowa
      • Spencer Long (OG) Nebraska

    • Defense
      • CB's Exum (VaTech-Injured), Colvin (OK), Fuller (VaTech) and McGill (UT)
      • FS's Boston (NC), Barnett (OSU), and Deering (Rutgers)
      • SS's Loston (LSU), Zimmerman (KSU), Johnson (Ga Tech)
  • McCarron is overrated. He has the best team in the country around him. He'll just be a game manager in the NFL...

    ...but then again I never though Kirk Cousins would be as good as he is.

    Big prize is Clowney obviously. Hopefully Lewan is going top 5 too. It would depend on who needs QBs that high, but I think he'll be the top tackle.

  • sammy watkins from clemson (if he stays healthy) will be a heisman candidate.

  • Obviously not forgetting Johnny Football. Also, for the homers there's braxton miller.

    In terms of who we'll be drafting, *if* we have a good enough season, we might be looking at a TE, ILB, DB, or OG. I think if the players we have live up to potential, we could be set everywhere else, unless a stud comes along. However, it's worth keeping an eye on the top WRs in case Flash decides he loves that ganja too darn much and the team cuts/trades him.

  • Braxton is coming back. He's got a lot to work on. Gardner will come back too. Gardner at least has that prototypical NFL QB size.

  • Obviously not forgetting Johnny Football. Also, for the homers there's braxton miller.

    In terms of who we'll be drafting, *if* we have a good enough season, we might be looking at a TE, ILB, DB, or OG. I think if the players we have live up to potential, we could be set everywhere else, unless a stud comes along. However, it's worth keeping an eye on the top WRs in case Flash decides he loves that ganja too darn much and the team cuts/trades him.

    @gftchris said:

    Obviously not forgetting Johnny Football. Also, for the homers there's braxton miller.

    In terms of who we'll be drafting, *if* we have a good enough season, we might be looking at a TE, ILB, DB, or OG. I think if the players we have live up to potential, we could be set everywhere else, unless a stud comes along. However, it's worth keeping an eye on the top WRs in case Flash decides he loves that ganja too darn much and the team cuts/trades him.

    Most people, I would think, see Manziel and Miller as more great "college QBs" than NFL QBs....unless this read option thing really changes the pro game.

    Beyond that, some names:

    C.J. Mosley LB Alabama

    Bradley Roby CB Ohio St.

    Cyril Richardson OG Baylor

    Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi St.

    Jason Verett CB TCU

    Sammy Watkins WR Clemson

    Marquise Lee WR USC

    and I guess you could throw Bridgewater and Boyd in there.

  • Braxton is coming back. He's got a lot to work on. Gardner will come back too. Gardner at least has that prototypical NFL QB size.

    @mld-woody said:

    Braxton is coming back. He's got a lot to work on. Gardner will come back too. Gardner at least has that prototypical NFL QB size.

    At least Braxton is good. Also, Braxton is bigger than Manziel and RGIII. Supposedly Braxton has made a lot of progress on his throwing mechanics and footwork this offseason as he spent a couple weeks with QB guru George Whitfield. Make no mistake about it, Miller will be in New York for the Heisman presentation.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Braxton is coming back. He's got a lot to work on. Gardner will come back too. Gardner at least has that prototypical NFL QB size.

    At least Braxton is good. Also, Braxton is bigger than Manziel and RGIII. Supposedly Braxton has made a lot of progress on his throwing mechanics and footwork this offseason as he spent a couple weeks with QB guru George Whitfield. Make no mistake about it, Miller will be in New York for the Heisman presentation.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    At least Braxton is good. Also, Braxton is bigger than Manziel and RGIII. Supposedly Braxton has made a lot of progress on his throwing mechanics and footwork this offseason as he spent a couple weeks with QB guru George Whitfield. Make no mistake about it, Miller will be in New York for the Heisman presentation.

    Miller is listed at 6'2" 215. Gardner is 6'4" 204.

    OK, so Gardner= Byron Leftwich

    Miller= RGIII

  • I'm an OSU fan, so I hope I'm wrong about this. But if Miller turns out to be half as good as RG3, I will be a shrimp boat captain

  • Only qb that matters is Bridgewater.

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    At least Braxton is good. Also, Braxton is bigger than Manziel and RGIII. Supposedly Braxton has made a lot of progress on his throwing mechanics and footwork this offseason as he spent a couple weeks with QB guru George Whitfield. Make no mistake about it, Miller will be in New York for the Heisman presentation.

    Miller is listed at 6'2" 215. Gardner is 6'4" 204.

    OK, so Gardner= Byron Leftwich

    Miller= RGIII

    @the-gipper said:

    Miller is listed at 6'2" 215. Gardner is 6'4" 204.

    OK, so Gardner= Byron Leftwich

    I never said Miller was bigger than Gardner or as good as RGIII. I was simply saying that Miller is big enough and that he's tons better than Gardner.

    Miller= RGIII

  • McCarron is overrated. He has the best team in the country around him. He'll just be a game manager in the NFL...

    ...but then again I never though Kirk Cousins would be as good as he is.

    Big prize is Clowney obviously. Hopefully Lewan is going top 5 too. It would depend on who needs QBs that high, but I think he'll be the top tackle.

    @mld-woody said:

    McCarron is overrated. He has the best team in the country around him. He'll just be a game manager in the NFL...

    ...but then again I never though Kirk Cousins would be as good as he is.

    Big prize is Clowney obviously. Hopefully Lewan is going top 5 too. It would depend on who needs QBs that high, but I think he'll be the top tackle.

    I think McCarron has a chance to be good, but unfortunately Alabama's office since Saban has been there puts QB's as 'game managers'. All i know is he looked FANTASTIC in the title game, albeit against an extremely overrated Notre Dame team.

  • Only qb that matters is Bridgewater.

    @hunt-daddy said:

    Only qb that matters is Bridgewater.

    This kid has his head on right. He will graduate from UL at the end of this year. Somewhere along the way he has listened to a mentor who has kept him on the straight and narrow. He would have been top QB selected in 2013 draft had he come out.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Miller is listed at 6'2" 215. Gardner is 6'4" 204.

    OK, so Gardner= Byron Leftwich

    I never said Miller was bigger than Gardner or as good as RGIII. I was simply saying that Miller is big enough and that he's tons better than Gardner.

    Miller= RGIII

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    @the-gipper said:

    Miller is listed at 6'2" 215. Gardner is 6'4" 204.

    OK, so Gardner= Byron Leftwich

    I never said Miller was bigger than Gardner or as good as RGIII. I was simply saying that Miller is big enough and that he's tons better than Gardner.

    Miller= RGIII

    Yes, and my post implied that I agreed with you. (And who knows, if RGIII can't stay healthy, RGIII may not end up being as good as people think RGIII should be.....and maybe, in fact, Miller could actually end up being better than RGIII.

    Maybe.

  • I'd give up my draft and next years #1 for Clowney. He is as good a prospect to ever come down the line. Randy White, LeRoy Selom, Bruce Smith.....that is what we are talking about. A once every 25 year player.

  • Get Clowney for the Defense and McCarron for the Offense and Call it a draft.

  • I don't trust QBs from the bigger schools. Too much talent around them and it makes them harder to read. Not a big McCarron fan. But Bridgewater... that guy took an alright Louisville team and beat the crap out of Florida.

  • I don't trust QBs from the bigger schools. Too much talent around them and it makes them harder to read. Not a big McCarron fan. But Bridgewater... that guy took an alright Louisville team and beat the crap out of Florida.

    @hunt-daddy said:

    I don't trust QBs from the bigger schools. Too much talent around them and it makes them harder to read. Not a big McCarron fan. But Bridgewater... that guy took an alright Louisville team and beat the crap out of Florida.

    Don't trust QBs from bigger schools?

    Would you say these are not "big schools":

    Michigan...Tom Brady

    Tennessee...Peyton Manning

    Purdue...Drew Brees

    Auburn...Cam Newton

    Boston College...Matt Ryan

    Georgia...Matt Stafford

    Stanford...Andrew Luck

    Oklahoma...Sam Bradford

    USC...Carson Palmer

    NC St.....Phillip Rivers

    Mississippi...Eli Manning

    Wisconsin....Russell Wilson

    Oklahoma St....Weeden

    For every BR that comes out of Miami, Oh., or ever Colin Kaepernick that comes out of Nevada-Reno, there are 3-4 starting NFL QBs that come from the power conference schools.

  • @hunt-daddy said:

    I don't trust QBs from the bigger schools. Too much talent around them and it makes them harder to read. Not a big McCarron fan. But Bridgewater... that guy took an alright Louisville team and beat the crap out of Florida.

    Don't trust QBs from bigger schools?

    Would you say these are not "big schools":

    Michigan...Tom Brady

    Tennessee...Peyton Manning

    Purdue...Drew Brees

    Auburn...Cam Newton

    Boston College...Matt Ryan

    Georgia...Matt Stafford

    Stanford...Andrew Luck

    Oklahoma...Sam Bradford

    USC...Carson Palmer

    NC St.....Phillip Rivers

    Mississippi...Eli Manning

    Wisconsin....Russell Wilson

    Oklahoma St....Weeden

    For every BR that comes out of Miami, Oh., or ever Colin Kaepernick that comes out of Nevada-Reno, there are 3-4 starting NFL QBs that come from the power conference schools.

    @the-gipper said:

    Don't trust QBs from bigger schools?

    Would you say these are not "big schools":

    Michigan...Tom Brady

    Tennessee...Peyton Manning

    Purdue...Drew Brees

    Auburn...Cam Newton

    Boston College...Matt Ryan

    Georgia...Matt Stafford

    Stanford...Andrew Luck

    Oklahoma...Sam Bradford

    USC...Carson Palmer

    NC St.....Phillip Rivers

    Mississippi...Eli Manning

    Wisconsin....Russell Wilson

    Oklahoma St....Weeden

    For every BR that comes out of Miami, Oh., or ever Colin Kaepernick that comes out of Nevada-Reno, there are 3-4 starting NFL QBs that come from the power conference schools.

    When I think of the bigger schools I think of the Oklahomas, the USCs, the Ohio States, the Michigans. The ones that are always in the national title hunt and get the top recruits just because of their name.

    Georgia? Yea they're a big school in a big conference, but they're not one of the elite programs that is in the hunt every year. The reason they've been in it the last few years is quarterbacking. Stafford and Murray are pretty good qbs. In between those two qbs Georgia wasn't in BCS bowl games and playing for the SEC Championship.

    You do have your exceptions though. Brady at Michigan, Palmer at USC, and even though he hasn't done much in the NFL, I'd put Sam Bradford from Oklahoma in that category.

    I guess most bigger schools just run gimmicky offenses. Give me a guy from a pro style offense any day.