Skip to content

Official Browns QB Prospect Discussion!

The Browns Board
992 69 28.1k
  • "I'd pick neither and wait for Jameis."

    That would be a hell of a crapshoot. They have the picks this year.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @cuwoohio said:

    "I'd pick neither and wait for Jameis."

    That would be a hell of a crapshoot. They have the picks this year.

    And there's no clear #1 QB. Just having the picks doesn't magically mean the quality is there. This is a year where there's 4 or 5 guys who could turn out to be good or turn out to suck.

    @thenew23 said:

    I'll bet you have an orange & brown shirt that says, "Wait 'til next year"

    No, but I do have about 12 jerseys of QB's not on this team anymore.

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by

    Starting to like Walterfootball again... his latest mock

    1 - Brett Hundley - QB - UCLA

    1b - Marquise Lee - WR - USC

    2 - Ryan Shazier - LB - OSU

    3a - Deone Bucannon - S - Wash St

    3b - Carlos Hyde - RB - OSU

    If Hundley declares, he'd be a good pick but he would have to sit for a year or so. He is not the type of polished QB who would jump right in. We'd be looking at Hoyer/Campbell next year as our starter with Hundley learning from the Belichick/Brady disciple - Hoyer, and 2 good QB coaches in Norv and Chud.

  • Starting to like Walterfootball again... his latest mock

    1 - Brett Hundley - QB - UCLA

    1b - Marquise Lee - WR - USC

    2 - Ryan Shazier - LB - OSU

    3a - Deone Bucannon - S - Wash St

    3b - Carlos Hyde - RB - OSU

    If Hundley declares, he'd be a good pick but he would have to sit for a year or so. He is not the type of polished QB who would jump right in. We'd be looking at Hoyer/Campbell next year as our starter with Hundley learning from the Belichick/Brady disciple - Hoyer, and 2 good QB coaches in Norv and Chud.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    @thenew23 said:

    Starting to like Walterfootball again... his latest mock

    1 - Brett Hundley - QB - UCLA

    1b - Marquise Lee - WR - USC

    2 - Ryan Shazier - LB - OSU

    3a - Deone Bucannon - S - Wash St

    3b - Carlos Hyde - RB - OSU

    If Hundley declares, he'd be a good pick but he would have to sit for a year or so. He is not the type of polished QB who would jump right in. We'd be looking at Hoyer/Campbell next year as our starter with Hundley learning from the Belichick/Brady disciple - Hoyer, and 2 good QB coaches in Norv and Chud.

    That looks amazing.
  • Starting to like Walterfootball again... his latest mock

    1 - Brett Hundley - QB - UCLA

    1b - Marquise Lee - WR - USC

    2 - Ryan Shazier - LB - OSU

    3a - Deone Bucannon - S - Wash St

    3b - Carlos Hyde - RB - OSU

    If Hundley declares, he'd be a good pick but he would have to sit for a year or so. He is not the type of polished QB who would jump right in. We'd be looking at Hoyer/Campbell next year as our starter with Hundley learning from the Belichick/Brady disciple - Hoyer, and 2 good QB coaches in Norv and Chud.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @thenew23 said:

    Starting to like Walterfootball again... his latest mock

    1 - Brett Hundley - QB - UCLA

    1b - Marquise Lee - WR - USC

    2 - Ryan Shazier - LB - OSU

    3a - Deone Bucannon - S - Wash St

    3b - Carlos Hyde - RB - OSU

    If Hundley declares, he'd be a good pick but he would have to sit for a year or so. He is not the type of polished QB who would jump right in. We'd be looking at Hoyer/Campbell next year as our starter with Hundley learning from the Belichick/Brady disciple - Hoyer, and 2 good QB coaches in Norv and Chud.

    Replace Hyde with Dyer and I'm all in on this draft.

  • Starting to like Walterfootball again... his latest mock

    1 - Brett Hundley - QB - UCLA

    1b - Marquise Lee - WR - USC

    2 - Ryan Shazier - LB - OSU

    3a - Deone Bucannon - S - Wash St

    3b - Carlos Hyde - RB - OSU

    If Hundley declares, he'd be a good pick but he would have to sit for a year or so. He is not the type of polished QB who would jump right in. We'd be looking at Hoyer/Campbell next year as our starter with Hundley learning from the Belichick/Brady disciple - Hoyer, and 2 good QB coaches in Norv and Chud.

    C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by

    @thenew23 said:

    Starting to like Walterfootball again... his latest mock

    1 - Brett Hundley - QB - UCLA

    1b - Marquise Lee - WR - USC

    2 - Ryan Shazier - LB - OSU

    3a - Deone Bucannon - S - Wash St

    3b - Carlos Hyde - RB - OSU

    If Hundley declares, he'd be a good pick but he would have to sit for a year or so. He is not the type of polished QB who would jump right in. We'd be looking at Hoyer/Campbell next year as our starter with Hundley learning from the Belichick/Brady disciple - Hoyer, and 2 good QB coaches in Norv and Chud.

    Who could argue with that draft.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Yes. Most quarterbacks have thrown 60 yard passes while under zero pressure to wide open receivers.

    How about this one? Looks like a ton of pressure and he doesn't even step into the throw. That thing is thrown on a rope from about the 17 and ends up near the 20 yard line. That's about 63 yards in the air.

    carrthrow3.gif

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @bigjim said:

    That thing is thrown on a rope from about the 17 and ends up near the 20 yard line. That's about 63 yards in the air.

    One of us clearly does not know the meaning of "thrown on a rope"... and it ain't me...

    @cuwoohio said:

    "I'd pick neither and wait for Jameis."

    That would be a hell of a crapshoot. They have the picks this year.

    And there is absolutely nothing that prevents us from rolling some of our 2014's out to and up in the 2015 draft.

    As Shep has said... no way are we actually going to draft a player with each of the 2014's we currently hold.

    @cuwoohio said:

    Who could argue with that draft.

    I'l be happy to if no one else wants it... 😉

    For starters, I don't see Hyde lasting all the way to our 3b...

    There are a lot of mirages in this QB desert. While I am starting to warm to Hundley, I'm just not there yet.

    So far the only risk/ reward pick I see as worthy in this draft remains as it has been... McCarron in the third... perhaps late second.

    ***************************************************************

    Here's my bottom line on this whole topic...

    Our FO is responsible for putting two, good NFLcalibere QBs on our season opening roster. By going 2 for 2 I'm willing to accept theirjudgmentt if and when they take a QB in the 2014 draft.

    Ditto if they opt to trade away picks and/ or players for a current NFL QB.

  • @bigjim said:

    That thing is thrown on a rope from about the 17 and ends up near the 20 yard line. That's about 63 yards in the air.

    One of us clearly does not know the meaning of "thrown on a rope"... and it ain't me...

    @cuwoohio said:

    "I'd pick neither and wait for Jameis."

    That would be a hell of a crapshoot. They have the picks this year.

    And there is absolutely nothing that prevents us from rolling some of our 2014's out to and up in the 2015 draft.

    As Shep has said... no way are we actually going to draft a player with each of the 2014's we currently hold.

    @cuwoohio said:

    Who could argue with that draft.

    I'l be happy to if no one else wants it... 😉

    For starters, I don't see Hyde lasting all the way to our 3b...

    There are a lot of mirages in this QB desert. While I am starting to warm to Hundley, I'm just not there yet.

    So far the only risk/ reward pick I see as worthy in this draft remains as it has been... McCarron in the third... perhaps late second.

    ***************************************************************

    Here's my bottom line on this whole topic...

    Our FO is responsible for putting two, good NFLcalibere QBs on our season opening roster. By going 2 for 2 I'm willing to accept theirjudgmentt if and when they take a QB in the 2014 draft.

    Ditto if they opt to trade away picks and/ or players for a current NFL QB.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    One of us clearly does not know the meaning of "thrown on a rope"... and it ain't me...

    And there is absolutely nothing that prevents us from rolling some of our 2014's out to and up in the 2015 draft.

    As Shep has said... no way are we actually going to draft a player with each of the 2014's we currently hold.

    I'l be happy to if no one else wants it... 😉

    For starters, I don't see Hyde lasting all the way to our 3b...

    There are a lot of mirages in this QB desert. While I am starting to warm to Hundley, I'm just not there yet.

    So far the only risk/ reward pick I see as worthy in this draft remains as it has been... McCarron in the third... perhaps late second.

    ***************************************************************

    Here's my bottom line on this whole topic...

    Our FO is responsible for putting two, good NFLcalibere QBs on our season opening roster. By going 2 for 2 I'm willing to accept theirjudgmentt if and when they take a QB in the 2014 draft.

    Ditto if they opt to trade away picks and/ or players for a current NFL QB.

    I wouldn't be opposed to McCarron but I don't believe he's on the FO's radar.

    Based off what we know, Chud and Norv have, for the better part of the last decade, nearly always had guys who oozed athletic talent with Howitzer arms. They haven't always been the most mobile (I'm looking at you, DA), but the one common denominator has been above average arm strength.

    I don't know why that would change now, especially with them together again.

    I think we'd see a Mettenberger before a McCarron.

  • @bigjim said:

    That thing is thrown on a rope from about the 17 and ends up near the 20 yard line. That's about 63 yards in the air.

    One of us clearly does not know the meaning of "thrown on a rope"... and it ain't me...

    @cuwoohio said:

    "I'd pick neither and wait for Jameis."

    That would be a hell of a crapshoot. They have the picks this year.

    And there is absolutely nothing that prevents us from rolling some of our 2014's out to and up in the 2015 draft.

    As Shep has said... no way are we actually going to draft a player with each of the 2014's we currently hold.

    @cuwoohio said:

    Who could argue with that draft.

    I'l be happy to if no one else wants it... 😉

    For starters, I don't see Hyde lasting all the way to our 3b...

    There are a lot of mirages in this QB desert. While I am starting to warm to Hundley, I'm just not there yet.

    So far the only risk/ reward pick I see as worthy in this draft remains as it has been... McCarron in the third... perhaps late second.

    ***************************************************************

    Here's my bottom line on this whole topic...

    Our FO is responsible for putting two, good NFLcalibere QBs on our season opening roster. By going 2 for 2 I'm willing to accept theirjudgmentt if and when they take a QB in the 2014 draft.

    Ditto if they opt to trade away picks and/ or players for a current NFL QB.

    B BigJim wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    One of us clearly does not know the meaning of "thrown on a rope"... and it ain't me...

    Sure it's not thrown in a direct straight line with no arc, but that's about as flat and fast as you can possibly throw a ball 60+ yards.

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    Completion percentage on balls thrown 6 yards or more.

    Derek Carr= 54%

    Johnny Manziel= 65%

    Just sayin....

  • @tour2ma said:

    One of us clearly does not know the meaning of "thrown on a rope"... and it ain't me...

    And there is absolutely nothing that prevents us from rolling some of our 2014's out to and up in the 2015 draft.

    As Shep has said... no way are we actually going to draft a player with each of the 2014's we currently hold.

    I'l be happy to if no one else wants it... 😉

    For starters, I don't see Hyde lasting all the way to our 3b...

    There are a lot of mirages in this QB desert. While I am starting to warm to Hundley, I'm just not there yet.

    So far the only risk/ reward pick I see as worthy in this draft remains as it has been... McCarron in the third... perhaps late second.

    ***************************************************************

    Here's my bottom line on this whole topic...

    Our FO is responsible for putting two, good NFLcalibere QBs on our season opening roster. By going 2 for 2 I'm willing to accept theirjudgmentt if and when they take a QB in the 2014 draft.

    Ditto if they opt to trade away picks and/ or players for a current NFL QB.

    I wouldn't be opposed to McCarron but I don't believe he's on the FO's radar.

    Based off what we know, Chud and Norv have, for the better part of the last decade, nearly always had guys who oozed athletic talent with Howitzer arms. They haven't always been the most mobile (I'm looking at you, DA), but the one common denominator has been above average arm strength.

    I don't know why that would change now, especially with them together again.

    I think we'd see a Mettenberger before a McCarron.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think we'd see a Mettenberger before a McCarron.

    With Mettenberger's draft slot dropping dramatically post injury, I have far less of a problem with us picking him. Never saw him as a #1 though.

    @bigjim said:

    Sure it's not thrown in a direct straight line with no arc, but that's about as flat and fast as you can possibly throw a ball 60+ yards.

    Fair enough...

  • koalabazookaK koalabazooka wrote on last edited by

    Romo or Weeden?

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    Romo by far. Are you kidding?

  • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by BadNewsBrowns

    Last night on SNF Peter King said a team likely to pick in the top 5 was very high on Blake Bortles, could very well be the Browns.

    Any word on this guy?

    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=105489&draftyear=2015&genpos=QB

  • Last night on SNF Peter King said a team likely to pick in the top 5 was very high on Blake Bortles, could very well be the Browns.

    Any word on this guy?

    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=105489&draftyear=2015&genpos=QB

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Last night on SNF Peter King said a team likely to pick in the top 5 was very high on Blake Bortles, could very well be the Browns.

    Any word on this guy?

    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=105489&draftyear=2015&genpos=QB

    http://factoryofsadness.sportsblog.com/posts/217022/future_cleveland_browns_qb_scouting.html

  • @badnewsbrowns said:

    Last night on SNF Peter King said a team likely to pick in the top 5 was very high on Blake Bortles, could very well be the Browns.

    Any word on this guy?

    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=105489&draftyear=2015&genpos=QB

    http://factoryofsadness.sportsblog.com/posts/217022/future_cleveland_browns_qb_scouting.html

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    What? Sounds like a combination of Bernie Kosar and Ben Roethlisberger according to this review.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    What? Sounds like a combination of Bernie Kosar and Ben Roethlisberger according to this review.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    What? Sounds like a combination of Bernie Kosar and Ben Roethlisberger according to this review.

    That's kind of what he is. He makes ridiculous plays when he shouldn't.

    Like this one:

    He has a good frame, nice arm and average speed. But most of all, he's scrappy. He singlehandedly finishes plays, a quality that all AFC North QB's possess.

    Except Weeden.

    He could stand some coaching, however. I think it would be great for him to come on and wait for a year behind Hoyer.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    who are the top 5 QBs coming out this year (as of now)?

    take a look at that list and by 3/2014 the positions of those QBs will not be the same and some might not even be on the list anymore.

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by

    Even better mock draft by Charlie Campbell on walterfootball.com ...

    1a. Sammy Watkins - WR - Clemson

    1b. Derek Carr - QB - Fres St

    2. Ka'deem Carey - RB - Arizona

    3a. A.J. Johnson - ILB - Tennessee

    3b. Tre Boston - CB - UNC

    These guys are mock drafting us right to the Super Bowl...

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    The first 10 pick mock draft on SI.com this morning had Carr going in the top 10. But did have us taking Watkins with our first first round pick.

  • Even better mock draft by Charlie Campbell on walterfootball.com ...

    1a. Sammy Watkins - WR - Clemson

    1b. Derek Carr - QB - Fres St

    2. Ka'deem Carey - RB - Arizona

    3a. A.J. Johnson - ILB - Tennessee

    3b. Tre Boston - CB - UNC

    These guys are mock drafting us right to the Super Bowl...

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @thenew23 said:

    Even better mock draft by Charlie Campbell on walterfootball.com ...

    1a. Sammy Watkins - WR - Clemson

    1b. Derek Carr - QB - Fres St

    2. Ka'deem Carey - RB - Arizona

    3a. A.J. Johnson - ILB - Tennessee

    3b. Tre Boston - CB - UNC

    These guys are mock drafting us right to the Super Bowl...

    All positions of need. I like it