Skip to content

Hoyer

The Browns Board
57 28 2.3k
  • History tells us go with the rookie to start.

  • @thenew23 said:

    There's a difference btw this team and the '99 "expansion" Browns. This team has talent and is not very far from being competetive. Solid D, decent WR corp, good pices on the O-line... You're not really throwing a rookie "to the wolves" when he has guys like Cameron and Gordon to throw the ball to, and when he has guys like Thomas and Mack blocking for him. Not to mention a D that is top 5 (if the offense could stay on the field longer).

    If the D can get off the field on third down, they'd be top 5 regardless of the offense.

    @gftchris said:

    If the D can get off the field on third down, they'd be top 5 regardless of the offense.

    If the cat had not stopped to a shit it would have caught the mouse.

    😁

    WSS

  • @gftchris said:

    If the D can get off the field on third down, they'd be top 5 regardless of the offense.

    If the cat had not stopped to a shit it would have caught the mouse.

    😁

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    If the cat had not stopped to a shit it would have caught the mouse.

    😁

    WSS

    great analogy as always steve.

    even though we've got beat by some pretty decent teams, the one standard is that our defense (although still missing another starter #2 across from haden and maybe a LB here or there) has played great. with being on the field as much as they have we can give big ups to horton for his conditioning skills.

    man this QB thing (you all know) will be the life and death of this franchise for the next 5 years. i loved hoyer. the team AND the fanbase had a reason to finally get excited again about the browns. do we trade him away? i say hell no, but i'm not the GM or the pres. of team personnel decisions. if they trade hoyer and gordon away, i will still love the browns, but my faith in the FO will have jumped out the window right alongside me and my jim beam.

    it will take us AT LEAST both of our first to get close to one of the projected 'top 5' QBs. if you can't pull the trigger on that then you might as well get the best CB, LB, or OL with our first pick and wait for the rest of the QB class to drop into your lap with the second pick.

    i hate the chances with the 'live or die' 'all-in' trade everything for a chance at nothing.

  • That might not necessarily be the case though mik. the seasons halfway over and when its all said and done the Browns probably will be drafting high enough to get one of the top QBs and may not have to package picks to move up, leaving us the colts 1st rounder to grab a CB or WR. It all boils down to who they target as they're #1guy at QB. IMO

  • but if you want bridgewater or mariota, you're gonna have to add something to the pot.

  • but if you want bridgewater or mariota, you're gonna have to add something to the pot.

    @miktoxic said:

    but if you want bridgewater or mariota, you're gonna have to add something to the pot.

    Which would be dumb.

  • the last thing I want this organization to do is throw our future rookie "franchise" QB to the wolves ala timmy couch. I'd rather give Hoyer the starting job but give the rookie A FAIR CHANCE to steal it away in camp.

    @soju said:

    the last thing I want this organization to do is throw our future rookie "franchise" QB to the wolves ala timmy couch..

    i 100% agree

  • but if you want bridgewater or mariota, you're gonna have to add something to the pot.

    @miktoxic said:

    but if you want bridgewater or mariota, you're gonna have to add something to the pot.

    seriously MIk- the Browns would have to lose out to leapfrog the Jags & Bucs to stand pat and take one of those two. One of them might consider trading out for a bushel basket of picks.

  • Thanks why I would rather roll with Hoyer, use our 1st rounders on other positions, and maybe draft a qb in round 4. I think Hoyer is plenty good enough to lead the O.

    I don't think any of the QBs in this class are good enough to start throwing picks at some team. Just because they are the best this year doesn't mean they are the best ever.

  • Agreed, with Peen. There are questions on every qb in this draft. That doesn't make a

    case for tossing picks to move up.

    Just makes a case for picking the qb that fits your lockeroom, fits your system,

    and can see the field and make excellent decisions.

    I really think the qb that fits now, although extremely early, is McCarron.

  • Mike Peen and Cal are correct.

    I have no idea if Mccarron is the guy but as I've said before just because you draft a guy in the top 5 doesn't mean he's a world class quarterback.

    And be realistic. If we draft a guy really really high Hoyer will not have a fair shot at the starting job.

    Those decisions are only made on the field of play, not in practice.

    WSS

  • We have to go for the rock star QB, preferably from CA or the West Coast. 😁

  • @miktoxic said:

    but if you want bridgewater or mariota, you're gonna have to add something to the pot.

    Which would be dumb.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Which would be dumb.

    i agree.

    @hoorta said:

    seriously MIk- the Browns would have to lose out to leapfrog the Jags & Bucs to stand pat and take one of those two. One of them might consider trading out for a bushel basket of picks.

    i'm advocating standing pat at what number and choosing something other than a QB or even moving down some spots to garnish more/future picks. not every one is picking QBs and i'm sure some good ones could be there late first round or second. i don't know about 4th rounders. that's like picking a guy who played at akron.

    @ballpeen said:

    Thanks why I would rather roll with Hoyer, use our 1st rounders on other positions, and maybe draft a qb in round 4. I think Hoyer is plenty good enough to lead the O.

    I don't think any of the QBs in this class are good enough to start throwing picks at some team. Just because they are the best this year doesn't mean they are the best ever.

    i like hoyer as well, and i'm not sold on any of these pundit's list of CAN"T misses. because there sure a hell of a lot of those guys that sure were misses.

    @westside-steve said:

    Mike Peen and Cal are correct.

    I have no idea if Mccarron is the guy but as I've said before just because you draft a guy in the top 5 doesn't mean he's a world class quarterback.

    And be realistic. If we draft a guy really really high Hoyer will not have a fair shot at the starting job.

    Those decisions are only made on the field of play, not in practice.

    WSS

    agreed.

  • We have to go for the rock star QB, preferably from CA or the West Coast. 😁

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    We have to go for the rock star QB, preferably from CA or the West Coast. 😁

    cuz that's where the best rock comes from?

    i was told it comes from east cleveland. HA!

  • Mike Peen and Cal are correct.

    I have no idea if Mccarron is the guy but as I've said before just because you draft a guy in the top 5 doesn't mean he's a world class quarterback.

    And be realistic. If we draft a guy really really high Hoyer will not have a fair shot at the starting job.

    Those decisions are only made on the field of play, not in practice.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Mike Peen and Cal are correct.

    I have no idea if Mccarron is the guy but as I've said before just because you draft a guy in the top 5 doesn't mean he's a world class quarterback.

    And be realistic. If we draft a guy really really high Hoyer will not have a fair shot at the starting job.

    Those decisions are only made on the field of play, not in practice.

    WSS

    I've seen mocks with us taking McCarron with Indy's pick. I'm fine with that.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Mike Peen and Cal are correct.

    I have no idea if Mccarron is the guy but as I've said before just because you draft a guy in the top 5 doesn't mean he's a world class quarterback.

    And be realistic. If we draft a guy really really high Hoyer will not have a fair shot at the starting job.

    Those decisions are only made on the field of play, not in practice.

    WSS

    I've seen mocks with us taking McCarron with Indy's pick. I'm fine with that.

    @hoorta said:

    I've seen mocks with us taking McCarron with Indy's pick. I'm fine with that.

    I'd honestly rather mccarron than any of shep's sexy pics. The only two QBs I'm really interested in are mccarron and manziel and I'm on the fence on manziel. The others I think of as fad picks.

  • @hoorta said:

    I've seen mocks with us taking McCarron with Indy's pick. I'm fine with that.

    I'd honestly rather mccarron than any of shep's sexy pics. The only two QBs I'm really interested in are mccarron and manziel and I'm on the fence on manziel. The others I think of as fad picks.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'd honestly rather mccarron than any of shep's sexy pics. The only two QBs I'm really interested in are mccarron and manziel and I'm on the fence on manziel. The others I think of as fad picks.

    Yep. I don't think any are worth a trade up.I do trust our folks to get the right guy, but I'm hoping for Hoyer to have a complete recovery. I could live very well with a Hoyer & McCarron duo. Manziel bothers me somewhat, but DAMN, that kid makes stuff happen!

    We'll see............

    Mike

  • @hoorta said:

    I've seen mocks with us taking McCarron with Indy's pick. I'm fine with that.

    I'd honestly rather mccarron than any of shep's sexy pics. The only two QBs I'm really interested in are mccarron and manziel and I'm on the fence on manziel. The others I think of as fad picks.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'd honestly rather... shep's sexy pics.

    You really should have taken the time to hit the "k" key...

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'd honestly rather... shep's sexy pics.

    You really should have taken the time to hit the "k" key...

    @tour2ma said:

    You really should have taken the time to hit the "k" key...

    +10000

  • Mike Peen and Cal are correct.

    I have no idea if Mccarron is the guy but as I've said before just because you draft a guy in the top 5 doesn't mean he's a world class quarterback.

    And be realistic. If we draft a guy really really high Hoyer will not have a fair shot at the starting job.

    Those decisions are only made on the field of play, not in practice.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Mike Peen and Cal are correct.

    I have no idea if Mccarron is the guy but as I've said before just because you draft a guy in the top 5 doesn't mean he's a world class quarterback.

    And be realistic. If we draft a guy really really high Hoyer will not have a fair shot at the starting job.

    Those decisions are only made on the field of play, not in practice.

    WSS

    Agree 1000%